This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sir Squeaky

Re: how do you get away with it
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2005, 08:31:49 pm »
Probably right...

Must be in my Rogulations. ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2005, 09:28:26 pm »
Tosh - have you told 'em in writing beforehand why you're wfp-ing?

Golden rule:-

1.   Tell em why your doing it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)
2.   Do it
3.   Tell em why you did it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2005, 09:50:34 pm »

1. Tell em why your doing it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)
2. Do it
3. Tell em why you did it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)

4. Hoping to earn Mega Bucks!! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2005, 10:45:32 am »
4. Hoping to earn Mega Bucks!! ;D

Too true C/S! - but some things we don't tell 'em! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #64 on: October 09, 2005, 10:05:11 pm »

1.   Tell em why your doing it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)
2.   Do it
3.   Tell em why you did it (H&S, WAHD, Insurance etc)

Sorry Malc, just saw this post.

No I'm not telling them before hand, but will leave a plagurised copy of David St Ives's letter explaining it all after I've cleaned them.

I must also say there's a few windows in my own house Wor Lass isn't overly impressed with.  We've got cheapo wooden frames and it seems the brush has somehow smeared silicone round some of the edges, so it looks not exactly 'spotty', but splattered with fine short lines not far from the edges of the window!

When I rub these short fine lines with my finger; it smears and only a scraper will remove them; so it must be the silicone; I think.

But the back-door window is perfect - it's an old wooden framed putty type jobbie - no silcone.

Anyway, tomorrow; now the initial euphoria has died down, I'll take my ladders and check some of my work as I go along to ensure it's of an acceptable standard and see if I can learn from any of my mistakes; which I'm bound to make.

It's mostly UPVC tomorrow; a couple of wooden frames in good condition though.

rosskesava

« Reply #65 on: October 09, 2005, 10:39:15 pm »
To start with I told customers about why we were going over to wfp's etc. After noticing that most weren't the slighest bit interested in anything regarding new working practises other the term 'new rules from Europe' I dispensed with
 leaflets, info, or anything else other than what could be said in 30 seconds.

To date, no one's complained. We were honest in that we were new to using the equipment and 'if not happy when the windows dry' - 'then phone us and we'll do them again'.

Wfp is certainly much much quicker for jobs suitable for wfp.

However, my original point about back strain still stands. If you had back pain from carrying ladders then you need treatment for that even if now, by using wfp, it has gone. It's a very simple point and can be proved by phoning any osteopath or any chiropracter or by searching the net.

The other point I made about the best tools for the job seems to also have got lost in the 'wfp' is the quickest and best. Giving examples of how fast wfp is, is not the point I was making. I could sit and type job after job where wfp is quicker. 

So, if you had back pain from carrying ladders then it is more than probable that you will get, at some point, back pain from using wfp. It's hardly rocket science.

And .... use the whatever means is best for the job being done. Wfp cannot be used for every job can it but for a lot, it is quicker and safer.

Cheers

twt

« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2005, 02:36:27 pm »
i use wfp and ladders which ever is most suitable, picked up a job done by someone using trad methods and i cleaned it trad, point is i could tell the windows hadn't been cleaned properly for ages, wfp or ladders either way can be done well or poorly.