This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: how do you get away with it
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2005, 08:05:37 pm »
For me what Paul Griffin said! (Plus, if it's got bay windows it's quicker with a pole!)
It's a game of three halves!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2005, 08:24:36 pm »
Alan,
The house you described would normally be done in no more than 10 minutes with a ladder, ditto a WFP, that is quite a small account.

I do one of a similar size (bottom of Thornwell Roger, just behind the mini tesco place)
4 windows upstairs, kitchen window at the back plus large double patio doors.
Front door (half georgian) small toilet window and 1 other window to the side of the front door.
Windows are wooden, varnished and have 2 panes of glass per window.
Time taken, just over 6 minutes to clean, and another 2 mins to unload and then pack up, 8 minutes in total (timed). and that included sitting in the car to write out the invoice too.

And I charge £8.00 ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

r4g1t

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2005, 08:28:31 pm »
Alan,
The house you described would normally be done in no more than 10 minutes with a ladder, ditto a WFP, that is quite a small account.

I do one of a similar size (bottom of Thornwell Roger, just behind the mini tesco place)
Front door (half georgian) small toilet window and 1 other window to the side of the front door.
Time taken, just over 6 minutes to clean, and another 2 mins to unload and then pack up, 8 minutes in total (timed). and that included sitting in the car to write out the invoice too.

And I charge £8.00 ;)

Ian
does it take you that long!!!!!

gaza

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2005, 08:40:16 pm »
NOT ONLY SAFER BUT EASIER ON YOUR  KNEES AND JOINTS:If as they say weve got to work longer how many 65 year olds will be  climbing ladders?

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Dominic

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2005, 09:09:56 pm »
Hi
Ladders = fantastic weapon
WFP      = fantastic weapon
Ladders and WFP = Fully kitted out for war every morning with the ability to attack pretty much any situation and gain as much cash as possible.

I definitely do it for the money, I prefer working outdoors and I like the fitness aspect of working on ladders. Hopefully keeping some ladder work going will keep me working well past 65 like some of the old skool shiners, but who knows.
Also I like to mix it up in the day because all day all week using ladders wrecks me and all day all week on the poles does my neck/back in.
As far as speed goes I just use the fastest system for the particular situation because they both have there own strengths.
As far as safety goes both systems have health issues in my opinion.

cheers

Dom

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2005, 09:36:37 pm »
NOT ONLY SAFER BUT EASIER ON YOUR  KNEES AND JOINTS:If as they say weve got to work longer how many 65 year olds will be  climbing ladders?

GAZA

You can say that again

I was sitting supping tea the other day with a customer who is a Doctor. I asked why my knee is aching and clicking. He tells me it fluid getting into the joint. Wear and tear and all that. Give it 15 yrs and you will probably need a new knee. (  Ihope he was joking about this bit) This has given me a little more incentive to move more of my customers over to the WFP

Lee

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2005, 09:38:50 pm »
if your knees are like that your hips will soon follow  ;)

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 09:40:52 pm »

gaza

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 09:44:33 pm »
38 WINDOWS:some three high,some leaded,some up a fire escape,some are bay windows with 5 panes in,three doors as well as french doors done in less than an hr wfp price of job £35
now tell me wfp doesnt rule ;D ;D and when Isay windows I mean
windows with small windows at the top as well with sometimes three/four panes in.

gaza

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 09:51:46 pm »
bonne fenetre

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 09:54:05 pm »
bonne fenetre

Help me out someone.  Is this okay?  Or is it something offensive that I should delete?

David, please use English or Geordie.

rosskesava

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2005, 09:57:39 pm »
I agree that wfp rules everything under the sun to do with window cleaning.

However, we have 3 large profitable contracts in an indoor shopping center.

I'm sure they'd love the water going everywhere and not forgetting the hose, it'd have to be over 500 foot long and go up in a lift.

The point is that wfp is another tool for the job and as posted above, is what's best for the job being done.

It's not a competiton.

Cheers

gaza

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2005, 10:00:15 pm »
DAVID:PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME CUS IM ONLY AN HAIRY A,,,D W/C

GAZA

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2005, 10:01:51 pm »
good = bonne
window =fenetre

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2005, 10:04:54 pm »
Tut tut you lot. ::)

I knew that and I dropped french in the 2nd year of school(nearly 20 years ago!).

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2005, 10:07:29 pm »
Oh, and another thing...

I suffer with my back a lot, due to me breaking it in a childish prank 15 years ago.

Not that I want one, but a pole would be no good for me then?

gaza

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2005, 10:10:30 pm »
Alan,

And I charge £8.00 ;)

Ian

Dont they have downstairs windows were you live?allowing 2 minutes between jobs = £48 an hr any jobs going? ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2005, 10:11:13 pm »
i bought some work that had been cleaned with a pole system,although the majority of customers never complained to the polee they have had nothing but praise for my new system THE LADDER

Back to the original post...

You can't blame the tools for bad workmanship
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

brett walker

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 10:14:44 pm »

GAZA

You can say that again.

I was sitting supping tea the other day with a customer who is a Doctor. I asked why my knee is aching and clicking. He tells me it fluid getting into the joint. Wear and tear and all that. Give it 15 yrs and you will probably need a new knee. (  Ihope he was joking about this bit) This has given me a little more incentive to move more of my customers over to the WFP

Lee

Solo

i had my knee cleaned out in April cartlidge problem . Statred back to work a few weeks later stressed it , it still aches a bit now luckily ive got someone who works for me but once your knees and joints start going its old age  ;D been doing this job 14 yrs now looking into wfp looking at trolley systems as we speak  :-\

regards

Brett

Ian_Giles

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2005, 10:17:44 pm »
No, I wouldn't bother Rog, stick with the ladder, me, Tosh, Roy, John and the others will cope with the pole stuff.

And of course its nice to see someone cleaning the old way...y'know, nostalgic to look back on how we used to do it.
And what with the ladder being considerably heavier than the pole, humping the ladder around will keep your back nice and strong too ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES