UK Floor Cleaning Forum > Carpet Cleaning Forum

New Machine (Prochem, CFR, Stimvak, etc)

(1/4) > >>

Lionel:
Hi fellow carpet cleaners, I am considering buying a new machine my current Steemeasy is due for retirement. I have looked at the Steempro Powermax but I see Prochem have a new Steempro Powerplus which is only a £100 dearer, has anyone seen this machine and what do you recommend.

Mike Halliday:
Lionel, I think all of prochems portables are over priced.
there are a lot better machines out thier at better prices.

If I was thinking of buying a new portable I'd look at these machines:

1) Alltecs new machine, I saw it at the cleaning show and it looked a nice machine.

2)Asbeys Ninja is a good machine and comes with a 400psi pump

3) hydramaster top of the range machine, 400psi, 2 inline heaters, my mate has one and loves it.

Mike

Ps Go to the NCCA show and you'll see all these machines

Mike_Boxall:
Hi Lionel
The Powermax is a great machine and, other than being more powerful, you'll notice how much quieter it is than the Steameasy. Unusually, we've just demonstrated both these machines at a single location and the difference in results was amazing. I need to defend the pricing issue Mike raised - Prochem machines can be extremely competitive if you buy them from the right dealer! ( http://www.expresscleaningsupplies.co.uk Tel 01684 565552 Speak to myself or Chris Ralph)
Yes, there are cheaper machines but you get what you pay for!

Mike Halliday:
most  machines are the same, a lump of plastic with usually a Shurflo pump and  1 or 2 Lamb Vac motor.

buy a machine with the biggest pump, 2 x 3 stage vac motors, and an immercion element in the tank.

don't be fooled be any waffle, if they have this spec' then it just comes down to price.

Also why pay for  a machine from the states, when you can buy British!

Mike

Ps:My advice is impartial, I'm not trying to sell you anything ;)

Mike_Boxall:
The Steampro is extremely well built and put together but there's more to it than just a powerful pump and motor. It's certainly one of the quiestest machines I've ever used, it's very easy to manouvre about (has 10" rear wheels - you'd notice a big difference versus the Steemeasy getting it up and down stairs etc), it weighs just 38kgs, the impact resistant high density polyethylene casing (OK a 'type' of plastic >:() is guaranteed for 6 years, it has 12 months on-site warranty, you get a free Prochem training course, it is competitively priced, the inline heater produces almost instant hot water, it's easy to work on if you ever do have a problem and it looks the business! It's also the little things that make the difference like the quality of the hoses, wand and couplings - love them or hate them, the Yanks tend to over-engineer things (the castors are bolted on rather than riveted etc).
If there were machines we thought were genuinely better and / or cheaper we'd sell them. Until now however, the best package, we think, is Prochem.
Did I mention how you go about ordering one?  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version