Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aqua-dapter

Re: Should i shell out for an aqua dapter?
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 07:06:44 pm »
Fair enough, I did say "hardly" ;) and as I said a few people have mentioned it recently, but those few who had mentioned the weight previously said they felt the benefits outweighed the small increase.

Yes, any weight is exaggerated when on the end of a length, but I was just saying this isn't a really heavy item, and shouldn't really be a problem except when working at an angle.

I also said "I'm not minimizing this" - any feedback we get it welcome and we'll definitely be looking at ways to reduce the weight without compromising on the quality.

I'll go through some of the reviews on the blog and tag those that mention the weight later http://aquadapter.wordpress.com/

We don't ask our customers their age or fitness ;) but a recent comment here on CIU was:
i've got a aqua adapter on my slx18 its brilliant i have a pole tap on my slx30 which i will be replacing very soon with a aqua adapter

Paul

Aqua-dapter

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2011, 07:13:54 pm »
Hi David,

yes seen these but it says still in production also i carnt see how the a/d will clamp to pole as the top of pole has a quick release clamp and the a/d wont fit into this

The page hadn't been updated properly (sorry), I've fixed that now, these are in stock ready for immediate despatch.

To fit to your quick release pole you would need:

• an Aluminium Pole End Screw Type1 from Gardiners http://bit.ly/amjFod
  • one of our 'Metal Thread' Screw Thread Adapters (which you may already have in the box)
  • a Carbon Gooseneck Adapter

Hope this helps,

Paul

BORBRYCE

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 07:50:48 pm »
Too heavy ;D ;D ;D Whit a bunch o fannies. I don't use a fancy carbon pole, just a silly wee Extel or Harris. Man how heavy are they....not. And at all angles. The weight of the Aqua-Dapter just never enters my mind, honestly. If they make it any lighter it will bloody float off for gawd sake. Whit a couple of poofs.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2011, 08:03:39 pm »
Too heavy ;D ;D ;D Whit a bunch o fannies. I don't use a fancy carbon pole, just a silly wee Extel or Harris. Man how heavy are they....not. And at all angles. The weight of the Aqua-Dapter just never enters my mind, honestly. If they make it any lighter it will bloody float off for gawd sake. Whit a couple of poofs.

Once you go "light" there's no going back! Somebody once said that to me & I have found it absolutely true! I don't use A/D as I have no need for one & I personally wouldn't add the weight BUT I ain't gonna knock them as they seem a good product for people who do use them & they also seem to offer superb customer service also.

Weight is absolutely the issue when it comes to WFP IMO. There was a time when I would have made exactly the same comment as you Ronnie but when you discover just how much easier & faster the ultimate equipment is to use then you don't do anything to compromise that! ;)

BORBRYCE

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2011, 08:12:56 pm »
Of course I agree. But I never have any problem with weight unless I am on one of my nasty jobs, very few and far between though. I also have bother with wind :-[ When it blows a gale, and it does loads here, a good slightly heavier pole always goes down better with me. Believe it or not, on really windy days I have been known to throw on a heavy brush just to compensate for the top end flyaway action.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2011, 08:16:03 pm »
Of course I agree. But I never have any problem with weight unless I am on one of my nasty jobs, very few and far between though. I also have bother with wind :-[ When it blows a gale, and it does loads here, a good slightly heavier pole always goes down better with me. Believe it or not, on really windy days I have been known to through on a heavy brush just to compensate for the top end flyaway action.

I have to agree with the "wind" issue, very valid point. ;)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2011, 11:49:07 pm »
Hi, it,s me back again, i,ve been lurking just reading all your posts, all very interesting.
Anyway i,ve bought an a/d from cleaning spot and will let you know what i think.
The lack of bending down should be good, i always say that i need to maximize my energy potential ;D
I don,t fancy the tap at brush head idea (sorry Gav) or the tap at the end of the microbore. I,ve never liked the idea of pinching my hose. remote controls seem fiddly, external pole hose seems mad (apologies to Tosh).
The thing i think may bother me is the weight, we,ll see about that. I have just started using an slx 22 as my everyday pole and i love the lack of weight.
Never having a loop at the base of the pole will be great.
Cheers for all the tips, it,s good to get  balanced opinions, even though there are some on this forum that are a bit off the wall (you know who you are).

Tom White

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2011, 12:09:08 am »
I look forward to reading your feedback, Jonboy!

Lee GLS

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2011, 08:08:18 am »
If people are bothered about the extra weight, using an extreme brush with the AD makes a big difference. It makes the pole feel like it would without the AD but with a standard SL brush