Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jasonl

Re: Van mounted recovery tank ?
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 08:01:04 pm »
I think it would be difficult to spend OVER 4 grand on a diesel powered version of this using new components.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Paul Heath

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 08:12:12 pm »
Build in your time...as while your building..your not earning.. ???

M.Acorn

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 08:16:53 pm »
The technical side of it does not bother me,I am pretty handy with a welder,have a couple of friends who are engineers and have done stuff for my car mates rates,also know a guy who built a scram jet in his garage,using his own calculations,he now works as chief technical engineer at Cambridge uni,as they hunted him down,he used to wash pots for me when I was a head chef,about 8 years ago.
Think if I were to do it it would be a case of getting a truck mount blower unit,and coupling,assume with a coupling it would be direct drive,could use a vw drive shaft and hub,that's it,once I get the new engine in the roc,I can use the old one to run the blower,think 150 bhp may be a bit overkill though
What goes around comes around

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 08:22:34 pm »
Sorry missed the original thread but could someone give me a link to the " fiorentini unit " tried googling but couldn't find anything it might be something i've been looking for.

Thanks

Eddie

Eddie_Rhone

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 08:44:19 pm »
Hi

Just found the thread, if you are looking for a vac side to this type of system why not consider the Rotovac CFX powerpod or Mytee Air Hog don't know how to do the link thing basically these are small recovery tanks with vacs and an auto pump out but they are built by carpet cleaniung machine manufacturers for carpet cleaners.

Regards

Eddie

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 09:15:06 pm »
The Rotovac has only 2 vacs if you are running from the van you need a 3rd vac, image a 3 vac cfr machine you'd get the heat from the motors through the perfect heat system with great water retention to clean a full house without refilling.

Shaun

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:49 pm »
Can the Prowler be used for pressure washing too?.
I was thinking that someone using a Scorpion with the auxiliary waste tank fitted or better still using the pump out waste tank lid and with a Zeta supplying continuous hot water could work all day without having to stop.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 09:59:45 pm »
In theory yes but you would be using your vac blower at the same time and putting needless hours on it.

Shaun

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 10:22:50 pm »
Thanks Shaun. So the pump and the blower cannot work independently of each other.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 10:33:47 pm »
No

Shaun

M.Acorn

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2011, 10:10:16 am »
Just found this,does not give specs,and is in the U.S.A http://sunbrite.stores.yahoo.net/30garetaw.html

Have just bought some C.A.D Software,so I can get designing something,mate is an engineer,and has access to mills,lathes etc etc so getting a prototype knocked up shouldn't be an issue

JandS

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2011, 10:44:30 am »
And the prowler is nearly £8000 with
"the dreaded"

John

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

M.Acorn

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2011, 11:07:05 am »
Will be designing something with a manifold,that 3 motors bolt onto,which will just connect up too the tank and some sort of ball float type cut off,like the Prochem machine.with an auto pump out,and auto motor off with another float switch,if the pump out fails

clinton

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2011, 05:27:13 pm »
Be good to see some picies mate when its done

M.Acorn

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2011, 06:27:18 pm »
Don't hold your breath Clinton,only got the software today,so it will take me a while to get anything mocked up,just had a chat with another engineer friend,he builds jet engines in his garage,so this will be a no brainer for him

Jim_77

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 12:28:23 am »
Mark,

If you were going to do this, what are your goals?  What do you hope to achieve?  Make a list.....

I guarantee you that each thing on your list is either already covered or impractical to achieve.

Why sod around for endless hours, wasting endless pounds of your hard earned money?  You can buy a custom-designed piece of machinery built by people who know what they're doing, can give you all the technical support you need and have many identical machines out there in the market place proving their reliability.

Take a step back and have a real good think before launching into something like this!

jasonl

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 06:49:29 am »
Mark,

If you were going to do this, what are your goals?  What do you hope to achieve?  Make a list.....

I guarantee you that each thing on your list is either already covered or impractical to achieve.

Why sod around for endless hours, wasting endless pounds of your hard earned money?  You can buy a custom-designed piece of machinery built by people who know what they're doing, can give you all the technical support you need and have many identical machines out there in the market place proving their reliability.

Take a step back and have a real good think before launching into something like this!

Alll these fantastic existing machines , started with a man in his garage , go for it Mark , innovation is the way to progress.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:38 am »
As Jim says, 'Why sod around for endless hours, wasting endless pounds of your hard earned money?  You can buy a custom-designed piece of machinery built by people who know what they're doing, can give you all the technical support you need and have many identical machines out there in the market place proving their reliability.'

Enough said ;)

Simon

John Kelly

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2011, 09:07:50 am »
As an aside, I wonder what kind of performance running one of these via a waste tank would produce.
http://www.dri-eaz.uk.com/Content_007.aspx?wpid=1467

M.Acorn

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2011, 10:31:15 am »
I thought you ran a home made trucky Jim ?
Like Jason says,if everyone had that attitude then we would all be in the dark ages,what have I got to lose.
Just ordered one Lamb motor 1500 watts,£200 for 2 more,that will give me 4.5 thou watts of suction,and if I decide to bin the idea,I have 3 spare motors for my Prochem.
£200 ish for a tank of some sort,which can be used as a solution tank if it goes t1ts up.
200ft of 2 inch hose,well I can get an adapter and use that on my machine.
Few switches,ball float ,filter and manifold,with some metalwork thrown in,which will be done mates rates,could knock this out for under a grand,then another grand for the pressure washer.
Will be a scrap heap challenge special...
Just found this,which makes things easier,for making up a manifold,as all the dimensions are there    http://www.alltemp.ca/vacuum/pdf/11651313.pdf..
Just need the formula to work out tank size,not sure what effect that will have on recovery etc,had to ask a mate about that