This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve123

Re: £30k How much?
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2011, 09:03:21 pm »
Averaged out.
£33600 divided by 12 = £2800 per month

£2800 divided by 402 (number of jobs) = average job price of £6.95

too cheap for me, I would not pay more than 1x clean price, at those numbers.

I would therefore pay £2800

Dave66

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 09:06:34 pm »
So your total overheads ( Inc tax) per annum are £3,600?

Yes thats right.
;D
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:35 pm »
As i said above im training to do something else. Im 28 and i dont want to be window cleaning for another 40 or 50 years.
I would like to build up a new business which when established would be worth selling. If you were to sell any other business or even client list which produced the profit my round does you would be looking at getting a good sum for it. However realistically no one is going to pay much for a window cleaning round .

Sorry to bang on in so many threads about this, but it's worth what someone will pay for it.  There is no hard and fast rule.  Find someone who values it as a business and it'll sell for a vastly different sum from someone who looks at it as buying a bit of extra work.

Look through the ads and see how much they tend to go for...

Vin

mikecam

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:52:38 pm »
However realistically no one is going to pay much for a window cleaning round .
You're probably right, try marketing /selling it as an ongoing business then.

ptwt

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »
Averaged out.
£33600 divided by 12 = £2800 per month

£2800 divided by 402 (number of jobs) = average job price of £6.95

too cheap for me, I would not pay more than 1x clean price, at those numbers.

I would therefore pay £2800

Yes but your working out doesn't take in account jobs which aren't done every month, one month lost to snow, time off for other bad weather and time off for holidays and sickness and the fact that i rarely get round my work dead on time im usually e few days late so i dont  work the round to its full potential. 
The way to work out average price per job is to take the total value of all jobs done once (£4238)divide this by the number of jobs (402) which gives you £10.54 which some still may consider low but if you keep your work compact and you expenses low you make a good living.

Thanks for all the feedback

groundhog

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 03:17:08 pm »
If you were to sell any other business or even client list which produced the profit my round does you would be looking at getting a good sum for it. However realistically no one is going to pay much for a window cleaning round .

Why not??  ???

ptwt

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 06:16:07 pm »
Because its window cleaning and people don't realize or tend to believe its potential, plus most people who take up window cleaning do it as it doesn't take much money to start up and if they had the money would more than likely do something else. Needless to say people with disagree but that is my opinion.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 09:30:29 pm »
Because its window cleaning and people don't realize or tend to believe its potential, plus most people who take up window cleaning do it as it doesn't take much money to start up and if they had the money would more than likely do something else. Needless to say people with disagree but that is my opinion.

Stick it in your local paper for 10 to 15k. Worth a punt. ;)