Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bluesteve

Re: price £££££
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2004, 10:28:35 pm »
i charge £10 for a 3 bed semi ,sometimes even more if its out of my village, i live in the country,
nobody seems to mind solicitors charging £100 per hour
and they have nt got any morales or scruples!
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

paul

Re: price £££££ (Southerners charge too much)
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2004, 11:23:34 am »
I CHARGE BETWEEN £8 & £12.00 PER A 3 BED SEMI INC VAT AND THEY THINK ITS A GREAT PRICE :-*

pdhanson

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2004, 12:42:53 pm »
We would charge about £12 for a 3 bed semi (bristol)

More if it was a pain in the neck to do.  More for leaded because we hate doing them.

Remember, the cost of living is higher down here in the south, so you need to charge more.

Silly

mogs

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2004, 02:39:18 pm »
hi guys...
one of the best ways i find of pricing houses is to charge an average of fifty pence per window. tho i wud charge a pound for the likes of goergen windows r similar. norm works out pretty fair but u can ask other window cleaners in ur area for there average....
norm works out ok for me, tho dont be afraid to add a bit as sum potential customers will haggle!!! ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2004, 02:53:53 pm »
;)I always charge per job never give an hourly rate,some big companys try to stich you up >:(speaking
that I have been and done that one before,each job should stand on its own ;)the money we get done here
is very good,but we do not clean houses,not enough
dosh in it! ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2004, 09:30:34 pm »
We finished building clean before christmas the builders paid us £75.00 per hour two of us 4 days at 10 hrs each day.Ill let you work out the sums but it was a nice earner

bluesteve

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2004, 10:05:26 pm »
:-*
hey Easyclean,I would like to get into builders clean at some point in the near future , is there any other cleanining agents you need to use apart from fairy, and do you lot use pole systems on normal sized new houses? or do window cleaners still use squeeges on them?
any help would be much appreciated.does £30 an hour sound right for this kind of work
"Soldier an' Sailor too" !

Mikey Warner

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2004, 10:25:56 pm »
:-*
is there any other cleanining agents you need to use apart from fairy

Hi SW,

I'm on my 8th builders clean (windows & frames only) on a new estate and have a bucket full of bit's and bob's white spirit the lot, but I always seem to use more than anything else "Oil-Flo 141". It seems to move evertything and does not leave a greasy film on the glass when you are ready to wash it.
As for pricing that £30 an hour sounds good, I do mine through a cleaning contractor who sub me to do the windows and they pay me as soon as i invoice them.

Mikey

8 cleans done, only another 115 to go ;D 8) ;D Not bad for a Newbie!!

Neil

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2004, 10:46:22 pm »
Hi Bones
I have also been doin some Builders cleans through a cleaning company
I put one of my flyers through her home door and she took me on the next day  ;D
I do her house every month and new builds when they are ready.
so far i have done about 15 with no end in sight.
She pays well and does not keep me waiting more than a week after invioce.
WHO SAYS FLYERS DONT WORK. ;)
so far I have not needed anything more than GG4 and a scraper.
I even got a christmas card saying how pleased they were with my work :D
Stuff like that makes me sure I did the right thing getting into this game ;D

Mikey Warner

« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2004, 10:52:59 pm »
Wylie,

Story sounds near enuf like mine!! It was my mates mother, popped round with a card, she said she needed a WC, next thing i know i got a building site to myself!  ;D

Mikey

Neil

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2004, 11:00:14 pm »
I try to save up a few new builds for wet days
Put on wet weather gear and get stuck in I get some sideways looks from the builders but they seem to be used to me now. :- ;)
They want the muck and stuff of so they dont care about a bit of rain besides they often call me back to do the same place the day before people move in which is great coz I get paid twice for the same house ;D (not as much second time)

gibbouk

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2004, 11:14:48 pm »
i am in norfolk and must admit that round here we cant get away with high prices like i have sen others charge on here, ie £10 for a basic terraced house. but get real i have a minimum price on £4, for a downstairs flat that is a profesional price. semi price here is £7. a recent thing i have come across is the new customer telling me the price they want to pay.   a customer told me that she was prepared to pay £8. i quoted £12 for a job. take it or leave it

mark1

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2004, 01:03:39 am »

where do u buy oil flo 141,and what is it

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2004, 01:13:19 am »
Hi Mark1
Here is the link to Titan Labs web site all info on there they do the Oil-flow, GG3/4 MDR tells all on the site.
http://www.titanlabs.net/
I get mine from the windowclean centre speak to darrell on 0800413512 or email: sales@windowcleancentre.co.uk
They will send you a catalogue good company to deal with.
Hope this helps
Alan

mark1

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2004, 01:16:43 am »
[cheers alan]

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2004, 01:19:07 am »
No probs
titan range is excellent use alot of their stuff.
Alan
I also print out their info on the products to give to customers.Goes down really well.
Alan

mark1

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2004, 01:23:44 am »
how much £ does it cost ??? ??? ??? ??? alan??????????

Majestic

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2004, 01:27:45 am »
mark1
From the windowcleancentre its £8.57 for 473ml or £30.78 for3.8ltr thats with vat but I think you will have to add p&p

crystal

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2004, 01:34:56 am »
i used oilflo for the first time today to remove some sealant made mistake of not reading instructions 1st ::) so did not give it time to break sealant down, still came off relatively easy though so i too am impressed  8) 8) ?
alan is mdr as good ? ???

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2004, 01:40:20 am »
Hi all
looked at catalogue and says 48hr del costs 3.99 think this is only paid once if ordering a few bits.
Yes MDR is very good for water staining applie to window and work in with very fine wire wool or a adrasive pad.or scraper all works. Another good thing is oil-flo and MDR are easy to wash off brakes down with cleaning water no probs.
Hope this helps.Cheers
Alan