Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul searle

Extracta outdated
« on: March 17, 2011, 11:03:37 pm »
I was looking on the Extracta website earlier & can't help but feel how out dated these machines are compared to everything else I have seen on the Market.

Is this just my inexperience?

robert meldrum

Re: Extracta outdated
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 12:07:56 am »
There are many " cuter " looking machines on the market with inferior performance to the Extracta models. They are looking a bit past their sell by date and I'm surprised the Extracta people have'nt done a deal with an American company to purchase their shells and build a twin vac / 500psi model, but it might be more difficult than we imagine.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 03:25:00 pm »
Could be they sell to Rail, bus Companies Nursing Homes etc

Where perhaps twin vacs and 100psi is best for your average operator.

Its only people whoo want a bigger xxxxx than the next guy who go on about performance

steven Banks

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:43:53 pm »
I was looking on the Extracta website earlier & can't help but feel how out dated these machines are compared to everything else I have seen on the Market.

Is this just my inexperience?

With all due respect, i think the same. There website design could do with a make over and as said above so could the shells. But they still seem a popular choice for many who continue to be loyal customers year in year out though. So must be doing something right.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 12:08:03 am »
Extracta along with Alltec are amongst the last manufacturers to use GRP or fibre glass. I was a yacht builder and grp laminator for over 5 years and to redesign, and retool a set of mouldings is not an easy task, and is expensive involving many man hours. The only reason to really do it is to incorporate a 3 vac system and larger pumps. By their very nature they are unique machines and are proven so moving over to a generic plastic machine shell is probably not the way forward. They could use Alltec's (but why would they) or rebrand the Scorpion or Airflex but it would not set them apart. They could make cosmetic changes but it works as is so I guess their is not much point. The Alltec advance has some sweet lines and I think one of the best looking portables i've seen, but it is fundamentally the same with the tanks side by side and the switch panel at the rear and top. I agree Extracta could develop new equipment but there does not seem to be the incentive, the tripple vac market is very well provided for and they seem to have their niche.

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:03 pm »
I was helping a mate last night, his customer and his machine. It was and Extracta machine, and it did a 1 class job in a Specsavers store.

Naturally I am too modest to say that my skill and experience had anything to do with the outcome :)
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

Colin Day

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 08:29:40 am »
I was helping a mate last night, his customer and his machine. It was and Extracta machine, and it did a 1 class job in a Specsavers store.

Naturally I am too modest to say that my skill and experience had anything to do with the outcome :)

Attach a "Scrubba Deluxe" to the end of it, and you'll get amazing results every time.