Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

It's ugly !!
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »
Delivery company just left it sitting outside the back of my house,instead of sticking it in my shed like i asked them !
But at least it's here,going to have a crack at my lounge floor over the weekend,as it's hand made brick,and pretty grim..

What goes around comes around

jasonl

Re: It's ugly !!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:55:20 pm »
What did they charge for that? I have a load of them , bought for £150 a few years ago, that is £150 for the lot , about 18 I think.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

M.Acorn

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 05:59:26 pm »
£346 inc vat and del,and the brush and skirt,it's a recon one

Jim_77

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »
It's a re-badged Victor Europa isn't it?

M.Acorn

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 06:41:39 pm »
Yeah

clinton

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 07:58:02 pm »
Jims right its a victor.

Get that oven cleaned mark ;D

M.Acorn

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 08:08:30 pm »
I know it's a Victor,it's what I asked for,and yeah,been a while since I last did it,not got any blades though for the scraper

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:56 pm »
Also learnt this eve,don't try and use the brush on carpet,ended up on the other side of the kitchen

clinton

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 08:24:04 pm »
Ye they can throw you across the room mate ..

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 10:27:07 pm »
Also learnt this eve,don't try and use the brush on carpet,ended up on the other side of the kitchen

Exactly my problem!! I have a jeyes rangers weighs 50kg and i bought a poly brush for it. I have tried using it on my carpets but the bloody thing throws me about  :( is there some kinda technique i should be adopting??

I think the poly brush is not the right one, the bristles seem very stiff, infact the label says "stiff poly scrub brush"  :-\ I take it this is not ment for carpet agaitation?

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 10:38:05 pm »
I think the poly brush is not the right one, the bristles seem very stiff, infact the label says "stiff poly scrub brush"  :-\ I take it this is not ment for carpet agaitation?

It would probably be fine for low profile carpet but for anything other than it will try and 'grab' the carpet, this in turn means YOU will be doing the turning ;D Been there done it when I forgot I hadn't put a pad down and nearly broke my wrist in the process, as the base plate held onto the carpet.
You'll need something softer for 'normal' carpets.

mark joyce

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 10:41:45 pm »

Exactly my problem!! I have a jeyes rangers weighs 50kg and i bought a poly brush for it. I have tried using it on my carpets but the bloody thing throws me about  :( is there some kinda technique i should be adopting??

how stiff is it ? is it like a wire brush? if not you need to use it with more fluid and less resistance in your arms you have to relax with it if you hold it taught it will pull you about

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 10:57:56 pm »

how stiff is it ? is it like a wire brush? if not you need to use it with more fluid and less resistance in your arms you have to relax with it if you hold it taught it will pull you about

Its this one here Mark http://www.wcsuk.com/acatalog/info_BP793.html

Its not as stiff as a wire brush but pretty resistant all the same. I'll try again using that method on sunday on a couple of EOT's i've got booked in.

It didn't say stiff in the website discription. >:(

mark joyce

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2011, 11:04:48 pm »
thats a very hard brush might be ok on low profile

the one I have has red round the edge and the rest is white

the trick is plenty of fluid and a large space to start with until you get used to it

mark joyce

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »
just had a quick look on woodbridge site the one you need is the one below the one you brought good news is its half the price

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2011, 11:24:07 pm »
All poly brushes should be run on a wet concrete surface for at least 30 minutes to soften the ends of the bristles prior to using it on carpet.

Jim_77

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2011, 02:06:43 am »
Took the words out of my mouth John!

Tony it could be you have a harder one than most folks :D  But my poly scrub brush, after being run-in enough, is fine even on domestic wool carpets

As suggested the "shampoo" brush looks like it is more similar to the one I have, maybe that's the problem?

p.s. if you lower the handle height it helps combat the problem of the machine trying to throw you around

colin thomas

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 02:45:43 pm »
as jim says, lower the handle, if it is throwing you around the handle is too high,

colin
colin thomas

clinton

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 04:22:59 pm »
plenty of lubrication as well mark to stop it binding on the carpet mate :)

Maybe have a go in your home first one a carpet of ypur own.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 07:32:26 pm »
Thanks guys! I'll try the conctrete tip tomorrow when i get back from work. I'll also to change my posture etc I have a resturant on Tuesday night but think it'll be a tad too early to try it out on that just yet!

Cheers
Tony