Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robin Ray

3rd Vac
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »
Hi I was reading some old posts from the "Scorpion" thread bellow about a modification for the Ninja where rather than attaching the booster vac to the exaust Nigel attatached it direct to the lid of the waste tank. This modification was giving performance like the scorpion. I thought i would explain to save people from looking through 4 pages of posts.

Anyway what I was wondering if anyone has tried this or anything similar? Or if anyone is currently using this set up and how has it worked over a period of time?

Thanks

Rob

Nigel_W

Re: 3rd Vac
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 06:11:25 pm »
Hi Rob,

I ran it for about 12 months that way and had no problems. I have given it to another carpet cleaner to use as backup for his tm and it is still going strong. The secret was to use non foaming products eg dfc pre sprays or defoamer to make sure no foam got into the third ( unprotected ) vac.

If you decide to go for it buy a spare waste tank lid so that you can convert it back if you want to sell it

Nigel
www.designcare.co.UK 

Robin Ray

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »
Thanks Nigel I think I will give it a go.

Thanks for the ideas.

Rob

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:25:58 pm »
Nigel

I have a small single 2 stage vac machine and often thought about doing it would it work

Would using 4,3 stage vac put too much strain on the tanks

graham banks

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 12:32:44 pm »
Having tried and measured different set ups with 2/3/4 vacs very little extra vacuum is generated and in some cases the vacuum drops!!!!!!
What is achieved though is a higher air flow which in my view is the bonus as the moisture drawn up to the top of the carpet is whisked away more quickly before it has time to soak back in.
Graham B.
Graham Banks F.I.Diag.E

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 01:28:52 pm »
As I was working today pondering Cleanitup , The Wars, The Budget etc

I was thinking would it not be nice to have a devise to measure vac performance so you could tell as the motors get older  or seals break down if you were loosing power,.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 03:27:26 pm »
A vacuum guage or an Air Flow meter would do this wouldnt it.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 03:55:16 pm »
probably perhaps i will find one on ebay

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »

Nigel_W

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 08:54:06 pm »
Ian

I know of 2 suppliers who are working on 4 vac machines. I am not sure whether they are having to use new machine bodies, but I doubt it.

Nigel
www.designcare.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 12:29:58 am »
When all is said and done, there is only so much power you can get out of a 13 amp electric socket!

A standard 2x 3-stage vac machine with decent pump is maxxed out on one cable.  A twin cable machine can run 2 vacs, pump and heater or 3vacs pump and no heater.  Bear in mind a 3KW heater takes up 12.5 amps, so is the only thing that can run on one cable

You would need a 3rd cable to run 3 vacs or more with a pump and heater also running all at the same time.  Considering you sometimes can't find one socket in a hallway, it all gets a bit tricky.  Considering you quite often trip a house's fuse box just switching on a twin vac machine, what's the point.

If only there was a way of getting high vacuum, airflow, heat and pressure at the push of a button........Dare I say it? Truc.......... :D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 06:04:51 am »
http://www.omega.co.uk/ppt/pptsc.asp?ref=HHF11&Nav=grec07

At least I now know what can be used  but for my purposes its more than I would want to pay.

graham banks

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 10:26:59 am »
As I was working today pondering Cleanitup , The Wars, The Budget etc

I was thinking would it not be nice to have a devise to measure vac performance so you could tell as the motors get older  or seals break down if you were loosing power,.
Graham Banks F.I.Diag.E

graham banks

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 10:47:02 am »
hand held gauge to hold at suction inlet of machine to measure vacuum in inches water gauge and inches mercury is on stock with me.
£28 + carriage + vat
Graham Banks F.I.Diag.E

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »
The way forward is too increase vac performance but reduce consumption. Drawing less amps is the answer, I think Dyson is working on low consumption motors to comply with future legislation.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »
I am told that future legislation will not make it possible for appliances to run more than one cable.

I havent looked into this further but my understanding of what I am told is that if you supply a machine with a 3kW heater it will need to be an external unit so that it is classed as a second appliance.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »
High end portables have two cables as standard, think i'd better look into this as it seems completely impracticable! I can understand the need to raise performance and lower consumption, and even when achieved running highly efficient vacs and a pump will still need two cables. This will limit potential.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 09:48:57 pm »
I'm suprised Powerflite haven't brought out a 3 vac machine as the heat from 3 vacs through their 'patented' coils and then recirculated to heat up again would make it pretty hot so 2 power cables would be enough to run a decent pump and 3 vacs.