Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

stain come back - any advice please
« on: March 22, 2011, 04:57:46 pm »
Got a call from an old lady to see if I could do anything with a blackcurrant stain on a mid green wool carpet.

Got there yesterday and she showed the tube of 1001/vanish,I cant remember exactly."Ive got my daughter to get it out with this" she told me.

Not holding much hope I told I would try my best but didnt think there would be any significant change.I rinsed the area and then applied Stain Pro and the stain got better,I rinsed again and tried Red RX diluted 1 to 1.Again it got better to the point were she was delighted and only a slight tinge was visible,I then misted with M Power and told her I would ring her today to see what it was like.

I got a call this morning saying that it had come back,Im presuming that the blackcurrant has wicked back to the surface.I was thinking of leaving my air mover to get it dry but thought better of it as she walked with aid of a frame and didnt want a cumbersome object with wires leaving in here very small lounge.

I have told her I will call round again this week to have a look.Can anyone suggest anything else I can now do with this stain or should I give up?

John Kelly

Re: stain come back - any advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:38:58 pm »
Wayne I don't think the misting of Mpower would have done anymore than you already had. You need to leave it as dry as possible. Extract the area again blot with either terry towel or kitchen roll to remove the loose moisture then dry with a hairdryer.
2 tools every carpet cleaner should have, an iron and hairdryer.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:21:30 pm »
Specially if you want to look smart!

John has it spot on, I always turbo dry on every job so it reduces the wick back problem.

Shaun

gwrightson

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:41:11 pm »

John, the encap products you have does actualy do a pretty good job of solving wick back problems, i tried it a cpl of times on spills that have been a problem, simply mix a small amount up and brush in quite vigouresly with a soft hand brush,  providing of course the carpet is dry when you do this .

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

clinton

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 10:17:53 pm »
Some good posts there wayne too.

Think you might have to try n dry it out too n see where it goes from there mate.

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:20:15 am »
Sometimes drying it out quick makes no difference, especially with a liquid spillage.

You could try really soaking it with some more m-power, brush it in well, then pull off a whole roll of kitchen towel, fold it into a big square pad and lay it on the stain.  Then pile as many of her books on top of it as possible, to apply lots of pressure.  Maybe put a plastic bag under the books to stop it soaking into the books cover

Bear in mind if there is still a large amount of the spillage in the backing and underneath it, you may be on a hiding to nothing unless you can get the carpet up and clean it from the back first.

greencleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 01:45:28 am »
Dab immediately with kitchen paper until you have absorbed as much as possible, then work the stain with a stain-removing bar. Shampoo the carpet.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 09:01:48 am »
Wayne ,did you check the backing,was it hessian.If it was then it may not just be the stain that she says has come back,but hessian bleed.If it is hessian backed then that is a hell of a lot of water and liquid chems to put down especially if left wet when you leave.
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk