This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Whose fallen from a ladder here
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 06:49:12 pm »
took a tumble approx 15 ft - from what i can remember ladder was on wood cladding..

landed, bounced 5 ft then landed again!   

had a paramedic, ambulance and the air ambulance all arrive - very exciting !

no more than bad bruising to shoulder and ribs.

worst thing was i went back to finish round the next week and according to me custy's a w/c had been
round telling them i had taken a fall and would take them on as custy's!!  >:(

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

sf

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 06:58:07 pm »
never fallen off a ladder in 20 years.fallen off a few roofs mind. ouch :(

bobby p

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 07:05:59 pm »
last october , my ladder shot out from under me , i was using a LADDERMAT , on a quarry tile path .  i hit the path hard on soles of my feet,bent a rung on  my trade ladder too . i suffered for about a month  ,but okay now

lcwalker

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2011, 07:40:03 pm »
I fell off a step ladder cutting a hedge flat on my back it was a job i was doing for probably the tightest customers i have ever had, i cut the hedge did a really good job charged the going rate never heard from them again.Before the hegde i cut the lawn a few time they use to get me to go round the buttercups and other things they we weird.

Llaaww

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2011, 07:44:44 pm »
I have done some silly ladderwork over the years. I have never fallen off a biggun, but I used to fly along with a small point. One particularly busy morning my foot slipped inside the third rung, and lost it. I ended up on the pavement surrounded by lots of concerned comuters. No harm done.

I had a ladder hit me after falling in the wind. I was on the phone to the boss and telling him it was too windy to carry on. He heard the ladder hit me and put me on to something a bit easier for the rest of the day.
if it is dirty it is fair game

Richard Neal

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »
Never fallen but ive had the ladder slip a couple of times, really knocks your confidence when you go up there again!!

had a bloke working with me once who fell off his step ladder and i caught him in my arms he was pretty skinny but still about 10 stone!!
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »
Had a few close calls in my time , only one worth mentioning was during my first stint as a S/E W/C .
Big old council property with railing and nasty concrete steps to the basement , the railing was just that little bit far from the house wall to get clearance to foot a ladder safely , so religiously bike locked the ladder to the railing on every visit , never moved , however , on this occasion i left the lock in the car , i'll only be up there 2 mins i thought , i think i managed about 10 secs , felt the feet start to jump and held on for the ride !
I watched 2 big score lines muller the wall as i went , i then took down the hanging basket and proceeded towards my next stop , ladder hit the railing and began to upend , still holding the ladder like a limpit i then began my descent to the cellar headfirst , another 8 foot to go , head first , i landed in a big snotty heap into the corner of the stairwell , i was in exactly the same position but upside down and a little cramped , my only injury was a bruise to the knee , dont know what saved me that day , basket , railing , or the fact i kept hold of the ladder , i should be by rights of ladder lore..... DEAD  :o

I was given another chance , i gave up soon after the fall only for a better paid job , when i came back to the game i still was on ladders and did well , i then jumped off a 3 foot drainpipe in a poor attempt at entertaining my parents and missus , i split the cartilage in my knee and was off for 6 weeks  :o

That is the only reason i am now WFP (and wiser of course)  

Rich      
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

lcwalker

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 10:17:27 pm »
There was another time i had a ladder mishap but it wasn't really my fault i hadn't been with my girlfriend long and we went back to her mums house where she still lived but the ddor was locked, but a window was open so i said ill get in up there.Well her step dad had this wooden ladder i got near the top and the rungs started to break under my feet about 3 went and i was hanging on the window i managed to get in, that was the last time i went up a wooden ladder.

H S and Son

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 10:33:39 pm »
Had a few close calls in my time , only one worth mentioning was during my first stint as a S/E W/C .
Big old council property with railing and nasty concrete steps to the basement , the railing was just that little bit far from the house wall to get clearance to foot a ladder safely , so religiously bike locked the ladder to the railing on every visit , never moved , however , on this occasion i left the lock in the car , i'll only be up there 2 mins i thought , i think i managed about 10 secs , felt the feet start to jump and held on for the ride !
I watched 2 big score lines muller the wall as i went , i then took down the hanging basket and proceeded towards my next stop , ladder hit the railing and began to upend , still holding the ladder like a limpit i then began my descent to the cellar headfirst , another 8 foot to go , head first , i landed in a big snotty heap into the corner of the stairwell , i was in exactly the same position but upside down and a little cramped , my only injury was a bruise to the knee , dont know what saved me that day , basket , railing , or the fact i kept hold of the ladder , i should be by rights of ladder lore..... DEAD  :o

I was given another chance , i gave up soon after the fall only for a better paid job , when i came back to the game i still was on ladders and did well , i then jumped off a 3 foot drainpipe in a poor attempt at entertaining my parents and missus , i split the cartilage in my knee and was off for 6 weeks  :o

That is the only reason i am now WFP (and wiser of course)  

Rich      

That was very graphically described, I could just picture it, thankyou; you missed the bit about kacking yourself, I would have over a cellar-drop.

btc

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 11:08:18 pm »
I saw a windy fall off his ladder in Loughborough the other morning. Fortunately, he was only doing a storefront window, so he wasn't too far off the ground.

Basically, he reached over too far and than bam on the floor. He went back up the ladder so i can only assume he was ok.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:37 pm »
I had a couple of small falls & near misses in my trad years,.. nothing compared to my father in law though.

Once he fell off and landed on a spiked iron railing below, skewered him in the stomach. Doc's said it was being fat that saved him!!

Another time when I was working with him he fell off a porch roof and landed on the brand new mini below & ended up with his head through the back window. £800 repair bill, a trip to hospital & a week off work for that one!

P @ F

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2011, 11:25:57 pm »
I never said i didnt cack myself  ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Londoner

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2011, 08:25:26 am »
I saw a painter fall off a ladder last summer, well I didn't actually see it I heard the crash and came running out from the back of the house I was cleaning.

Thats not the point I wanted to make however, it doesn't have to be high to be damaging. A while back I stepped back off a ladder when I was on the second rung. just came down heavy on my right heel. However I an still getting a lot of pain from that heel even now. As I sit here now I can feel it and after a days work it aches.

PAIN IN THE GLASS

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 08:33:16 am »
never fell of a ladder...Fell of path and into a hedge but I blame that on the stella. ;D ;D had a few falls that way.