This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H S and Son

Re: Under Cutting Windys
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 11:33:14 pm »
Deeegeee,,,,,,,well if you wanna lose money then thats upto you...but the cost of petrol....equipment... ect....has gone up already and petrol to hit £1.50 a litre in April....so thats why price increase will go up for windys....Fact.

The costs of these things is always going up. This April isn't going to be any different.

As for your original discussion about charging a little more than your competitors and then in April you'll be on a level playing field, it isn't quite as simple as that. Price isn't the only factor to be considered when 'negotiating' (and no I dont barter; but being successful should enable you to achieve a healthier price for your work than what you would otherwise be able to achieve based purely on the amount of glass you'll be cleaning) with a potential customer. If you're professional, come across as being that way, are polite, dress well, listen and come across as approachable then you should already be charging more than your competitors and continue to do so.

bobby p

Re: Under Cutting Windys
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2011, 07:17:11 am »
i learnt my lesson.   a woman told me she was sick of paying 15 quid to have her council house done so i said id do it for 9 .  then i cleans it 3 times and never ever did i get paid !    (i only did that because i clean her uncles house and hes straight up and decent )

lesson learned