This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee GLS

Re: New van for WFP...decisons, decisions!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 07:04:35 pm »
Transit Connect 230 1.8TDCi LWB 90 L
Engine size (Litres):   1.8   Load Length (mm):   1986   Gross Payload (Kg):   900
Power (HP):   90   Load Width Max (mm):   1490   Gross Vehicle Weight (Kg):   2340
Wheelbase(mm):   3.7   Load Height (mm):   1364   Kerb Weight (Kg):   1440
Overall Lenth(mm):   4555   Loading Height(mm):   1293   Towing Limit (Kg):   800
Overall Width(mm):   1795   Rear Door Width(mm):   1316   
Overall Height(mm):   1961   Rear Door Height (mm):   1986   

p1w1

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 08:03:53 pm »
lee do you have the 90 or the 110 gonna be a lwb connect for me this year just worried the 90 wont be up for it gonna have a 600lt tank in it but will generally only fill it to about 450lt.

paul

Lee GLS

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »
mine is a 90, i dont think the 110 came out until the newest models, it pull ok when its full, its slow, but it still pulls. Some of the transits only have 75bhp and they are bigger and can carry more than the connect, i dont think bhp is everything, its how much torque the engine has.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 08:40:06 pm »
650ltrs of water + tank = 700kg (that's without any cage etc.)

Add to that-

Driver
Poles/brushes
Hose + reel
Ply lining
Fuel
Roof bars
Any trad gear
Ladders/step ladder
Cones/safety signs
RO/DI vessels
Tool box/spares

Basically. anything other than what the van left the factory with in standard form.

It'll be close! ;D

Payload are there to be used, whats the point of having a 900kg payload and only carrying 1 box in the back  ;D

Oh, & stick some reinforced tyres on the rear! It'll be reyt! ;D

! driver it should be ok

Scrimble

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 10:24:56 pm »
650l tank in a 230 connect is gonna be overweight

NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT, NO ITS NOT,

Do you catch my drift?
 ;)

ok Lee you complete moron, i'll spell it out for you

650litres of water 650kg
the 650l tank        42kg
50litres of diesel   50kg
2 men in the van at 80kg each 160kg

thats 900kg already not including, battery, ladders, 2 hose reels, poles, frame for the tank etc etc

like i said a t230 connect will be over weight!!!!!

hope you get pulled and done you idiot or can you not count? 1 plus 1 equals 2 and all that??

go on tell me its not going to be overweight

Pure Glass

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 10:32:05 pm »
Right....this is the second time this week Ive started a barney on CIU.....

Think Im going to go for a Transit SWB if anybody's interested.

Thanks for your replies though

Steve

Scrimble

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:37:54 pm »

Think Im going to go for a Transit SWB if anybody's interested.

if you need to carry a 650l tank then that would be a good choice

Crystal-clear

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 10:46:24 pm »
allstar 650l

230 connect one man say 80-90kg it wont be over.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 10:49:12 pm »
pure glass

i think that swb tranist is only 60-70kg more payload, ive done the maths if you are solo 230 connect does the trick , to be honest i dont wana lug a massive van for domestics , i know when i get a 230 connect and myself inside i wont be over im gona get weighed to be sure thou.

Steve_c

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 11:48:27 pm »
pure glass

i think that swb tranist is only 60-70kg more payload, ive done the maths if you are solo 230 connect does the trick , to be honest i dont wana lug a massive van for domestics , i know when i get a 230 connect and myself inside i wont be over im gona get weighed to be sure thou.

There is 260 =2.6 ton 280 =2.8 ton 300 =3.0 ton Transit van in the swb version, what that is in kg i don't Know. What i do know is i was in the process of buying my set up, and ionics asked me what van i was thinking of buying which was a connect, and they said no sorry your van will be over weight and our systems over 300Lt's needs to go in a bigger vans.

Darranvps

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 06:36:02 am »
I don't think there is any need to call Lee names :(

Steve-C - 2.6 Ton is 2600kg, and a transit will not carry that much, see below; for example if you carry 1000 ltrs of water you would be better off with the 350 MWB, LWB

Payload New Ford Transit
948-1331kg (260 SWB, MWB)
957-1220kg (280 SWB, MWB. LWB)
1252-1420kg (300 SWB, MWB, LWB)
1442-1746kg (330 SWB, MWB, LWB)
1609-1794kg (350 MWB, LWB)

boldy1304

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 07:33:31 am »
hated my connect went down from a swb ex bt transit wished to god i hadnt it was worse on fuel than the big van. they are great if you just want to window clean but to small if you have add ons (pressure washing etc) i think its luck of the draw on fuel mine was rubbish and i mean real rubbish but my mates was exellent maybe its because of all the wieght we carry

Steve CM

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 07:38:16 am »
the weight will dump loads of fuel.

I have a vivaro. i have an 05 plate. i had a couple of scares where by i thought the clutch had gone but it turned out to be a faulty steering rack so in the 3 years i've had it i have spent about 500 quid on repairs.

Londoner

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 07:49:38 am »
Lets get one thing clear which seems to be causing confousion here. The payload is the cargo weight as published by the manufacturer. It has nothing to do with the driver and passenger weight.

You are confusing it with Max laden weight which is a different thing and doesn't really apply to small vans. You cannot be made to take an unplated  (non HGV0 vehicle to a weighbridge.

However the bad news is that if any police officer say that in his opinion a vehicle is overloaded then it is.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 08:05:22 am »
why would you need a 650L TANK if your a one man band?or do you plan on having a helper?

i personally wouldnt put a 650 in a connect!youll hardly have any room for anything else!!

surely driving a van right on the limit weight wise is not good!

when i get a new van ill prob get a connect and a 400L TANK.hi roof model to fit my poles inside.although im very happy with my trolley at the moment.

dazmond

price higher/work harder!

Lee GLS

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 10:21:33 am »
why would you need a 650L TANK if your a one man band?or do you plan on having a helper?

i personally wouldnt put a 650 in a connect!youll hardly have any room for anything else!!

when i get a new van ill prob get a connect and a 400L TANK.hi roof model to fit my poles inside.although im very happy with my trolley at the moment.

dazmond

Dazmond there is virtually no difference in the sizes of the 400 and 650L tanks, the 650L is 20cm wider.

dd

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 11:42:02 am »
Lets get one thing clear which seems to be causing confousion here. The payload is the cargo weight as published by the manufacturer. It has nothing to do with the driver and passenger weight.

You are confusing it with Max laden weight which is a different thing and doesn't really apply to small vans. You cannot be made to take an unplated  (non HGV0 vehicle to a weighbridge.

However the bad news is that if any police officer say that in his opinion a vehicle is overloaded then it is.
Payload does not normally allow for weight of driver, fuel etc. These are seen as part of payload (probably makes figures look better). I think VW allow a certain amount for weight of driver and fuel but most manufacturers do not.

Scrimble

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 03:00:59 pm »

You are confusing it with Max laden weight which is a different thing and doesn't really apply to small vans.

are you having a laugh? nothing to do with the passenger or driver weight? max laden weight doesnt apply to small vans?

are you a complete moron??

unladen weight plus the payload equals the max laden weight. it does included drivers passengers any f***ing weight you put in it

i know your a window cleaner but come on this isnt rocket science

this is as it says in the brochure which came in my vauxhall combo van

Pure Glass

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 03:40:18 pm »
Boys, boys, boys-lets all calm down and have a cup a tea.  8)

Anyways- going to have a look at an ex bt van tomorrow. 04 plate, 87,000 on the clock, 75hp.

Would the 75hp be ok, or would it be a bit of a slug with 650l tank in?

Dazmond.....looking to expand this year into more of a commercial led route being near London, hence the 650l

Thanks lads

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2011, 03:43:52 pm »

dazmond

Dazmond there is virtually no difference in the sizes of the 400 and 650L tanks, the 650L is 20cm wider.

20cm? no difference,   tell the wife that
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk