Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adam P

Re: is everyone quiet or just me
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 05:48:56 pm »
yeah good move Doug, and i agree with Gary too. some people just want to go off topic for their own personal gains. this forum used to be about helping each other. good to see the moderation team were quick to delete him this time.

Looks like everyone agrees with Gary  ;D
What you failed to mention is that your posts got deleted too  ::)

???

daniel harbut

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »
Maybe il consider moving to essex or up north! ;)

Doug Holloway

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:49 pm »
Daniel
'
Why not move to South East Essex, there's hundred of CC's already mind you  ;)

Cheers

Doug

Mike Halliday

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2011, 05:58:55 pm »
I'm working at about 2 jobs  a day which will move to the yearly normal by the end of this month of 3 jobs  a day. and a commercial on the Saturday.

I didn't stop the advertising for the pressure washing this winter which surprisingly has been bringing in at least a job a week usually 2.... so that has been a nice surprise
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 06:02:26 pm »
Pretty slow here,but I am lucky that I have work coming in from lot`s of different sources now,letting agents are all dead quiet still,getting the odd booking here and there,but it`s from tenants rather than the agencies themselves,which in all fairness is good ,as I get paid there and then,rather than having to wait 28 day`s .
What goes around comes around

Matt Seymour

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 06:20:07 pm »
I can't help but think that Enterprise are having a bad effect on others in the areas they operate, purely due to the number of jobs they are doing apart from anything else.

They are running several vans in each area, turning over more than £20k a week and each of their conmen is doing 3 or 4 appointments a day.

That's a whole lot of carpets they are doing. It's little wonder the rest of the carpet cleaners are fighting over scraps of work.

You can leaflet and knock doors all you like, but it's very hard to compete with their telesales team who are working at least 6 days a week. I believe they are leafleting as well.

An operation on the scale of Enterprise, who advertise for staff claiming to be the largest carpet cleaning company in the south, is tough to compete with even with the bad reputation they have.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »
Commercial work that's keeping me going at the moment plus a few regulars new customers just want cheapest price,but who can blame them given today's current uncertainty with jobs etc etc. One lad I know has knocked his prices down because he is so quiet

wayne zabel

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:37 pm »
Its only a couple of weeks ago that most on here were saying how optimistic they were as work was steady,now its all doom and gloom.

A week is a long time in Carpet cleaning ;D

Personally as a Newbie I'm very pleased with how Ive done in January and so far so good for February.

Probably wont get a call for rest of the week now ;D

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2011, 06:51:50 pm »
Because I've been going in this industry for zillions of years I just don't go quiet, you may say I'm rubbing salt into the wounds but it's true but then I keep myself out there and the multiplication factor comes into it where the more you get out and about the more that you have a chance of someone seeing the van or a customer having more work done or recommending you.

Anyway you can throw stones now!

Shaun

markpowell

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »
Im as busy as i was in Nov and Dec here, Feb normally goes dead but this year its been amazing, no idea why.
Mark

will_turton

« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »
  matt why are you blaming enterprise , they dont run your bussiness you do, out of 60 odd million population how many watched that program, and how many remember it a month later, when they want there carpets cleaned,

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2011, 07:56:10 pm »
Well said that man!

Chemdry do rather well.

Shaun

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »
Good move Mr Holloway.

But have to agree with Gary

Hippos in crates on there way to the west country.  ;D

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2011, 08:25:28 pm »
The first few weeks of Jan were quiet , but due to weather.
Lots of commercial at moment, plus the odd regular domestic,
A few new customers, also had a lot of email enquiries from web,
which is unusal this far north  :)

Andrew

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »
Long term reducing prices is bad because you may do it again and again, if you go quiet go out and quote, yes petrol is highly prices but getting the job at the right money more than pays for it and the conversion rate on in home quotes are higher, then it's up to you to show off!

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 08:44:22 pm »
Just been talking to a carpet cleaning friend and he is so quiet he decided to go out with his leaflets but knock on doors.
2 hours and he got £500 of work. Not bad eh!

derek west

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 08:45:33 pm »
fully booked thursday friday saturday, 4 figure week and thats with monday off. wouldn't say i'm booming but not doin poo either, things are going swimmingly i would say. plus i don't really judge my business on a weekly basis, we all have crapuns, i'd go mad if i did, its about the end of year figures that count, hopefully will hit my target again come december.

clinton

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:31 pm »
Got friday with nothing in at the mo but am sure something will turn up.

Got some bookings next week too and somtimes the client wants the work done next day :)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2011, 09:14:11 pm »
Joe £500 is good but how many jobs does he get at that? please don't think that it's a price debate it's not but I find that customers coming to me are more ready for a purchase and are collecting information to get the best clean where as a 'cold call' is more of instantanious if the price is right.

Shaun

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2011, 10:11:39 pm »
  matt why are you blaming enterprise , they dont run your bussiness you do, out of 60 odd million population how many watched that program, and how many remember it a month later, when they want there carpets cleaned,

I think you're missing the point. Whilst everyone might have forgotten about the programme they continue to bombard the public with phonecalls through the peak times of 'After school to 8 pm.' Selling cheap cleaning.
So:
Leaflet - pick it up see what it's for chuck in bin.
Phonecall -  most of the british public are polite people and try not to be rude which is how this bunch pray on their pray.

Anyway I don't think they are solely to blame. Down here in the so called rich south we are being hammered from all directions by the Conservative Liberal govenment. Seriously guys the consumer is seriously trying not to spend unless they really have to.
We have a couple of static holiday caravans and the bookings for them are down on this time last year.