Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jsm

Fuel will be hitting £1.50 ltr by Easter
« on: January 22, 2011, 08:57:35 am »
Just been watching BBC news this morn -  they say due to this Gov being in the poop and trying to claw any tax/CSA etc etc they can,  Fuel will be hitting £1.50 by easter due to some index linked tax thinginy kicking in ....

may be time to get a LPG van  ::)

Im easy up to £90 plus now to fill the Vito
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

ascjim

Re: Fuel will be hitting £1.50 ltr by Easter
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 09:07:09 am »
I just saw that. Think i might cry :(

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:21 am »
£91 to fill my transit yesterday .... got a 650 litre tank which never use all of so now running with 3/4 full water tank .... every little helps ...

at this rate be cheaper to lease a new little van thatd does more mpg ... new puegeot bipper has 610 KG payload be ideal for a 400 litre system

JoeMax

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 11:02:04 am »
So because of the petrol hikes it could be a recommendation to use a smaller van and carry less water!??!

Scrimble

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:19:22 am »
at this rate be cheaper to lease a new little van thatd does more mpg ... new puegeot bipper has 610 KG payload be ideal for a 400 litre system

you'll be driving round illegally overweight  ???

dont bother with lpg its gone through the roof as well and, i'm changing my lpg van back to a diesel in a few months, not because of the fuel saving but because my van has no torque and struggles to pull anything :-(

jasonl

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 11:28:59 am »
Fuel sales by £ value are 10% down  so the government are getting less tax anyway by putting the price up .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Sean Dyer

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:34:21 am »
exactly , there are lots and lots of people who commute or shop with there cars who will find the hike the last straw and just use transport, lots of revenue gone for fuel then

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 12:00:39 pm »
Just been watching BBC news this morn -  they say due to this Gov being in the poop and trying to claw any tax/CSA etc etc they can,  Fuel will be hitting £1.50 by easter due to some index linked tax thinginy kicking in ....

may be time to get a LPG van  ::)

Im easy up to £90 plus now to fill the Vito

I already have a Mk7 Ford Transit 145 T300 with a 2.4l Duratorq engine that is duel fuel (factory fitted) and at the moment my gas is £0.81 per litre and I'm counting my lucky stars too  8) :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 12:35:32 pm »
56 plate 1.3 mulitjet diesel doblo 736kg payload/44mpg/£125 road tax - you know it makes sense. 425litres on board.
It's a game of three halves!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »
wish they would just put it up to £2.00 and be done with it.

Wrekin C S

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 01:31:20 pm »
I have a Transit Van 2.0di engine put £30 in the other day quarter of a tank that wont last long - thought about changing my van but what else is there thats economical got a 650ltr upright tank so whats the smallest van that I could fit it in?

landy2

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »
remember when diecel was cheaper than unleaded then most peopel  bought diecel cars so now price of diecel has gone higher than unleaded this will happen to LPG as i remember when it first came out it was 30 p a litre look at it now so you can never win

jsm

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »
Im lugging about a 400 ltr,  two large 25 Di's running two man set up ,, but also  :(  big truckmount carpet cleaner and all hoses on big hose reel .... got payload of 1.2 ton , think i must be not far off the mark with all the kitt , so what ever i get it's going to cost , lucky its got 6 speed so not as bad as some

but still makes me angry when i stick £90 in
John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011, 06:24:57 pm »
its crazy what can we do, revolution some countries try and put the buss fare up by 5% and they have up raw in England we basically put up with it , i remember about 7 years back , when Blair was in power, they blocked up the routes in France or something,but then we gave in

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2011, 06:40:01 pm »
Im lugging about a 400 ltr,  two large 25 Di's running two man set up ,, but also  :(  big truckmount carpet cleaner and all hoses on big hose reel .... got payload of 1.2 ton , think i must be not far off the mark with all the kitt , so what ever i get it's going to cost , lucky its got 6 speed so not as bad as some

but still makes me angry when i stick £90 in

youve got it to put in m8  ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

dai

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 07:29:34 pm »
What adds insult to the injury will be revealed when the oil companies next release their profit figures.
The higher the price the more the government gets in VAT.
Lets not forget for a minute, that it wasn't us that got the country into this mess.
The people responsible are still drawing huge bonuses while we suffer the consequence of their actions. Someone is taking the pi55.

mark311069

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:01 pm »
56 plate 1.3 mulitjet diesel doblo 736kg payload/44mpg/£125 road tax - you know it makes sense. 425litres on board.

i have a 1.3 mulitijet 08 plate my road tax is £200 ??? ??? why is mine differant to yours????

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »
I urrently run a citroen relay 2.0 hdi 53 plate with 107k on the clock selling that on Monday and hopefully getting a combo 52 plate with 70k but a 1.7 tdi ... Currently I have a 650 but downsizing to a 350 as I never run a full tank .

Only ever-half . So should work out more economical than t current 20 mpg I get I hope

If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Liam1990

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 09:19:23 pm »
Get some cooking oil in  ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 09:39:18 pm »

i have a 1.3 mulitijet 08 plate my road tax is £200 ??? ??? why is mine differant to yours????

I  have the 56 plate 1.3 & my tax is £200 too? ???

bobby p

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 10:54:41 pm »
im taking off my big ladder set off my van. just carry my main and lighten up ,keep all odds n ends back in my shed

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2011, 11:20:45 pm »
dont go green go red

;D

luckily, i only have to fill up the transit every 2 weeks, £80 or so... not to bad ;D

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:45 pm »
wish they would just put it up to £2.00 and be done with it.
Round it up to a fiver so I don't have to have metal wearing my loincloth away.

tradclean

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 12:07:23 am »
ford fiesta 1.4tdci. 60+gal & £30 road tax  ;) sweet as a nut  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 05:30:20 am »
it must be a fair bit extra a week on fuel if you have a big van and your work is far away! :( :(

ive got a small van(kangoo) and all my work is within a 8 mile radius so its not really affecting me that much.

you guys who have 650L TANKS IN BIG VANS.do you really need that much water every day?i guess thats a 2 man set up then?
price higher/work harder!

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 06:44:15 am »
most of our work is local to us so this is not a big deal stopped darting around for crappy custies in crappy areas

Londoner

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 09:37:55 am »
Doesn't bother me, Im still paying the same for my fuel as I always did, £20

tom2009

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, 04:11:02 pm »
had this sent to me on email last night, you may have already seen it but anyway it's not a bad idea!

Please see what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting £129.9 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it   to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on.  By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION  PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP).  How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

glen parva

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, 04:25:06 pm »
dont go green go red

;D

luckily, i only have to fill up the transit every 2 weeks, £80 or so... not to bad ;D

till you get caught and they crush your van
it not that much cheaper i get at 95p per lt of a local farmer

awcs

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »
i think its time to put my prices have not raised in three years so might go for 5%.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 08:03:54 pm »
got this email a while back

Please see what you think and pass it on if you agree with it.

We are hitting £1.299 a litre in some areas now and soon we will be faced with paying £1.50 per litre. So Philip Hollsworth offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign' that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS - not sellers control the market place. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one) i.e. ESSO and BP.

If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!!

Now, don't wimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a lot of people. If all of you send it   to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)....and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on.  By the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it.....

THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all YOU have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all (and not buy at ESSO/BP).  How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!! Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell,Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Jet etc. i.e. Boycott BP and Esso

Johnny B

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 08:30:26 pm »
I get my diesel from Morrisons anyway. At £131.9 it's the cheapest in my area (Medway) and it's the nearest to me.

One problem with boycotting Esso and BP etc.,  is that if everyone uses the cheapest rather than the most convenient outlet is that the queues will be out of the forecourt, and would you or I be prepared to sit in these queues to make a point? This is often the case in said Morrisons as things stand now.

By the way, I know an Esso garage in Greenhithe which is even cheaper than Morrisons. I fill up there when i am working in and around Dartford.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

james44

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 08:36:34 pm »
I get my diesel from Morrisons anyway. At £131.9 it's the cheapest in my area (Medway) and it's the nearest to me.

Is that chatham or rochester!

SPE

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 08:51:38 pm »

One problem with boycotting Esso and BP etc.,  is that if everyone uses the cheapest rather than the most convenient outlet is that the queues will be out of the forecourt, and would you or I be prepared to sit in these queues to make a point? This is often the case in said Morrisons as things stand now.
asda near me 24 hrs, fill up in the night or early morning, self pay at pump with card,
simples ! well would have been but they had run out of diesel  ::)

Johnny B

« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »

Is that chatham or rochester!

Chatham.

John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.