This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

what would you class as a large window cleaning business

6.3%
2 (6.3%)

0 (0%)
12.5%
4 (12.5%)
9.4%
3 (9.4%)
above 6k
71.9%
23 (71.9%)

Total Members Voted: 25

suds window service

Re: what would you class
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »
Surely its not how many custys you have its how much they are worth each per year, or is that what you mean? "how much do you earn a month?"
no richard its not a how much do you earn thread. iam intrested in our perceptions of what is a large window cleaning business

Richard Neal

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 09:12:59 pm »
Surely its not how many custys you have its how much they are worth each per year, or is that what you mean? "how much do you earn a month?"
no richard its not a how much do you earn thread. iam intrested in our perceptions of what is a large window cleaning business
Ok mate well perception would be to earn enough to be comfortable, to me that means, nice house, car,van and financial security, im getting there!
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »
Richard if something happened to you tomorrow were would your business be. You would be a

suds window service

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:45 pm »
Ok mate well perception would be to earn enough to be comfortable, to me that means, nice house, car,van and financial security, im getting there!
so all our perceptions may be different however it looks like they all equate to lifestyle
i wonder if the really big amongst us really stopped to think of the material things in life.
   i think that may inhibit growing the business?

Richard Neal

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 09:22:34 pm »
Richard if something happened to you tomorrow were would your business be. You would be a

I would have an established window cleaning business with regular customers and equipment that could be sold or rented by another window cleaner to also run it as a business.

Simples

suds window service

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 09:24:17 pm »
enter slumpbuster?

Richard Neal

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 09:34:46 pm »
I had a larger business before i got into window cleaning, large unit, 3 vans, 4 staff, the money was good but one hell of a lot of pressure and stress, V.A.T., PAYE, business rates  etc, i would not want to get that big in this business.
I am happy working on my own and one day will maybe have one person with me (hopefully my son) and then have 2 vans, but for me its the lack of big stress that i enjoy.

tradclean

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »
I had a larger business before i got into window cleaning, large unit, 3 vans, 4 staff, the money was good but one hell of a lot of pressure and stress, V.A.T., PAYE, business rates  etc, i would not want to get that big in this business.
I am happy working on my own and one day will maybe have one person with me (hopefully my son) and then have 2 vans, but for me its the lack of big stress that i enjoy.
thats really nice m8  ;) i really hope your plan works out for you with your son  ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 09:39:58 pm »
a decent size for me would be as long as i enjoy doing it,and make a good living without the stress,

been the other route had had nothing to show for it. ;)

Richard Neal

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 11:04:02 pm »
Thankyou Tradclean

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 06:47:22 pm »
As usual Dave its nigh on impossible on here to get a straight answer to a really simple POLL/QUESTION!

IMO Large window cleaning business would be anything above 4k a month.
I had a shop that turned over 25k a month but it was a SMALL Business.
I think with window cleaning anything over the 1000 a week is big! (for 1 man  ;)

Sean Dyer

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 09:51:12 pm »
As usual Dave its nigh on impossible on here to get a straight answer to a really simple POLL/QUESTION!

IMO Large window cleaning business would be anything above 4k a month.
I had a shop that turned over 25k a month but it was a SMALL Business.
I think with window cleaning anything over the 1000 a week is big! (for 1 man  ;)

I clean a shop in my home town

Was chatting the other day he told me he turns over 200 k + a year with a business partner, yet they both earn 17 k each before tax

Big business ? maybe

Good lifestyle ? Hardly!

In my opinion a big business is one that is BIG ie employing staff turning over more than 1 million a year

Medium business? vat rate too 1 million

Below vat rate = sole trader + small businesses

However you then have big sole traders who are hitting the upper limits ie 40 , 50 k + a year

And some doing much less, some have good lives others dont, in my opinion what business you have is your choice and depends what you want out of life? loads of money , or more free time....

Im looking at being the upper limits of the small sole trader :) 3/4 of the way there :)

dont want staff or a big business, though about it, and would rather work hard myself and enjoy life without the pressures associated with the larger business

Ian Rochester

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »
Someone once said "Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity".

We have 19 staff of which 6 are full time window cleaners, I'd still class us as a small business, bigger than a sole trader yes, but not big enough to be of interest to anyone.

There is everyone on this forum from people who are just starting out, sole traders who have been in business for years with the same core customers, businesses like our that employ a few people and others who are part of national companies with hundreds or even thousands of employees and have contracts for £1m+ 

Ross G

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »

All in the Window Cleaning business and one big happy cyber family  :) :) :)