This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Re: WFP ... speeding up
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 03:26:14 pm »
200l daz is extremly low, imean most work off 20l per house.

i can never gett away with 200l per man it would be dribblingout at that rate.

i would say 350-400 per man on residential.

unless were taking terrace daz with 2 windows front and 2 back

Alex Allen

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 04:26:53 pm »
Been WFP for about 6 weeks now (taking out 3 weeks not worked December)so most of houses now been converted over and all of them either ok with it or love it  ;D

Question is how do I get quicker ? .... do you guys do the tops of frames every clean ? any other ways to save a little time ?

Personal best with ladders was 18 .... same round yesterday but working 2 hours less managed 24 so well happy but still want to get quicker so any pointers well received  :)

other than phisically moving faster, which is not possible all the time
its about being efficient
both working and working your round and the equipment
Ive been doing this for years and i still look for ways to work quicker

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 04:52:55 pm »
Yeh I keep thinking so, do not know how little i can get away with though Daz. Then bloody hydrophobic (?) glass I always do at least twice as it seems to do nothing. Had a women come to me the other day asking if i cleaned her windows, I said no. She said the bloke she has uses one of them poles and he has made a crap job last few times. Things like that make me rinse even more.
you will speed up by spending the same amount of time on all glass . yet another load of bull thats been doing the rounds for a few years , scrub it then rinse it , quickly . wether it sheets or not . i clean every window the same , no complaints , try it and walk away with confidence

mci services

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 05:28:35 pm »
I agree with barry don't waste time over rinsing windows just because they bead.

Alex Allen

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 05:34:23 pm »
I agree as well
if you have cleaned the window
final rinse i think has more to do with crap brushes and piece of mind

use the aerial brush in the right way
and you dont need to rinse most windows

andyM

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »
Yes I just use a decent flow rate, I think that is the key. I scrub and rinse only once on maintenance cleans on both beading and sheeting windows. Dont get any complaints.
As long as you cover all of the glass you should be ok.
One of the Plebs

Richard Neal

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 06:32:27 pm »
takes me about 7 mins to do a three bedroom house

Same here, but 15 mins if theyre in  :)
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 09:29:59 pm »
200l daz is extremly low, imean most work off 20l per house.

i can never gett away with 200l per man it would be dribblingout at that rate.

i would say 350-400 per man on residential.

unless were taking terrace daz with 2 windows front and 2 back

i fill my 25L BARRELS right up to the top so its more like 250-300L as i sometimes use 10 barrels which when full up would be more like 300L.i have used 350L in the summer months on the odd day.

I use a 50L trolley system with flow on 60 all the time on the digicontroller.the houses im talking about are big plate windows on downstairs and 2 side windows and 3 at the back!! ??? ???.

i just dont understand how i use so little water as i seem to rinse thoroughly and its gushing out of the jets at 60! ??? ???

i do clean the odd downstairs trad and dont wash down all doors with wfp just scrim most of em unless their white pvc and dirty.also time is lost changing barrels throughout the day.i must admit i was pleasantly surprised when i found out i didnt need more water than i could carry in a day(small van).i was thinking a needed 400+ a day and it averages out to nearly half that over the week! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2011, 08:43:06 am »
@ daz -

I think it might be due to the length of your hose to! did you say its only 30 mtrs long?

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2011, 08:45:04 am »
ialso dont rinse too much anymore on regular cleans, no need. just quickly flash over the frames then quickly scrub the grass, one rinse in an "s" motion on the way donw the glass. Done!

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 08:57:23 am »
GB i have 40 m altogether on my trolley.whats that got to do with only using 250L A DAY? ;D ;D

it is 5mm microbore though so that might have an affect.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2011, 08:57:40 am »
I have a 400L tank and that goes in a full day on res. I carry one 25L barrel and 15L in a backpack as "insurance" so that I'm not checking the tank level in the last hour.

My payload is 736kg (doblo) and when my daughter helps me I do about £100 extra on a full day but use the same water - this is because she wipes the bottom cills with a towel and blades doors and porches while I do the rest wfp.
It's a game of three halves!

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:33 am »
sorry think i got crossed wired somewhere  ;D