This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPE

which fittings to buy ?
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:17:21 pm »
I would like to try this idea of doing away with most of my pole hose and run minibore from the reel  up inside the pole paired with an aquadapter as in another post.
I currently use a hozelock hosetail and 1/2" adapter with a tap end stop and the pole is a clx27.
Which fittings do I need to get, and which brands are the most durable and trouble free and from where ?
Thanks
Simon

Lee GLS

Re: which fittings to buy ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
i have the pro fittings from gardiners, think they are a rectus 21, an they go up the pole nicely

stracey

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 03:54:46 pm »
Hi Lee

We have the ez easysnap also from gardiners, is rectus 21 the trade name for these?
Cant find them any where on the net as ez easy snap. Do they have a trade name possibly in the compressed air trade?

Alex Allen

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:11:17 pm »
Hi Lee

We have the ez easysnap also from gardiners, is rectus 21 the trade name for these?
Cant find them any where on the net as ez easy snap. Do they have a trade name possibly in the compressed air trade?

rectus 21 make are a quality brand the female hosetail are about £7-10 depending on mm size
you can get identical but they are cheaper and the quality isnt there £3-5 depending on mm size

beware of what you are paying and what you get, rectus have the name engraved around the connector
cheap ones dont, but they are marketed as rectus or given a made up name to fool you

Lee GLS

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 08:12:07 pm »
Hi Lee

from what i remember when i spoke to them, they are the same as rectus 21, i think they have it stamped on the body, but for some reason they call them ez snap, i think they said they found a better supplier for them and they are made better than the other ones they sell

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 09:07:43 pm »
ive always used rectus 21 on 5mm extension hose(which is the same size as my pole hose).im also going to try this and buy a mark 2 aquadaptor!im sure it will save us time and money in the long run with less hassle and snagging!

i hate my pole tap loop and the hose getting twisted/kinked all the time!i bet id save 20 mins a day with the aquadaptor set up!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Lee GLS

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 09:30:29 pm »
ive always used rectus 21 on 5mm extension hose(which is the same size as my pole hose).im also going to try this and buy a mark 2 aquadaptor!im sure it will save us time and money in the long run with less hassle and snagging!

i hate my pole tap loop and the hose getting twisted/kinked all the time!i bet id save 20 mins a day with the aquadaptor set up!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

It should work well with the pole hose instead of using a microbore