This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bad trippy

van leasing?????
« on: January 13, 2011, 09:20:39 pm »
Anyone here lease their van? If so is there better tax benefits from leasing?
Or would i be better off getting a bank loan?
Just really wanted to know what is best tax wise?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

Gav Camm lammy 283

Re: van leasing?????
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:53 pm »
its all tax deductable  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Frankybadboy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 09:42:12 pm »
its all tax deductable  ;)
your more than the rest cause of all the new parts on it.lol ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:26:39 pm »
I hav just took out an astr :Pavan on 4 yr lease, 100% tax deductable, works for me

bad trippy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 11:31:46 pm »
I was told by my accountant that, if i got a loan for a van, then the only thing i could claim back against my tax was the interest.
So it looks like leasing is the best option the?
www.clearviewbristol.co.uk
Add me on Facebook clear view window cleaning

spongebob

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 07:09:46 am »
Trippy.
You also reduce your tax payable by depreciating the van each year. depending on which way your accountant advises this can be 40% of van cost in year 1 and 25% of the reducing value each year thereafter.

As has been said unless you are vat reg'd you are better off with paying vat and 10% up front then monthly and own it at the end. The lease set up involves tidying up or getting charged for repairs at the lease end and worrying about excess mileage charges.
Do you have a book keeper or accountant? They could advise better than us knowing your personal situation. If you don't then getting one at say £400 per year would pay for itself just on this van purchase with the right advise.
Andy

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 07:36:15 am »
Leasing the van is not a good idea because at the end of the time you hand back the van and have nothing to show for it. If you go out and buy a van its yours forever. Cost per month is about the same, nothing in it. I looked into it really hard before I bought my van.

Also with leasing you always have to be very wary of the final charge. This happened with taxis, a lot of people started leasing new taxis a few years ago and the deals look good. However, at the end of a lease they charge you for any damage. People were handing back spotless looking taxis but still getting whacked with huge bills for tiny stone chips and really trivial little marks

Whatever you do don't take out a bank loan, about 16% interest. buy a new van from a main agent and their finance is aroud 3-4%, (0% in some cases)

Plus at the moment the dealers are falling over themselves to give you discounts and free extras. We are looking at buying a new car for my wife at the moment, one dealer offered her £3000 off list price without even being asked.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »
you can lease my van trippy.

special rates for oap ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 10:18:36 pm »
My doblo van is on a 4 year primary lease and I can stay on secondary as long as I like. It is geared to you chopping in at the end of four years but I chose not to despite the blandishments of the salesgirl as it's only done 25,000 miles and suits me fine.

The four years at £180 a month were up in November and the secondary is £180 a year for as long as I want it. When I sell the lease company gets 2.5% of the proceeds and I cannot "sell" it to myself or my wife. If I kept it say ten years and scrapped it they get nowt (but do get the £180 a year).

Hindsight says it was good for me at the time as I desperately needed a new vehicle and it was all tax deductable. But it was a popular van in 2006 (Van of the year and all that) and so little discounts were available.
It's a game of three halves!

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:39 pm »
trippy a gud m8 ov mine
is excellent in this field
he advised me to lease or buy
but i didnt take his advise as you know
ie the trafic fr hell
cost me big big bucks now
for the vat up front + 3mths rental of say
2 ton a mth i could a been driving a brand
spanking new van m8
what eva you choose
very gud deals on pre regd vans m8
if you need a word with a stand up guy
m8 drop me an email il passs u his number  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 12:07:02 am »
I know this is a daft question but if you are leasing a van and it needed new parts do you pay for them or does the leasing company forkout for the parts???

For example if you rent a property then the landlord pays for the repairs. ;D

Ian101

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 08:42:10 am »
I know this is a daft question but if you are leasing a van and it needed new parts do you pay for them or does the leasing company forkout for the parts???

For example if you rent a property then the landlord pays for the repairs. ;D

ur thinking of contract hire with maintainance which is summit different but u can also get contract hire without maintanance as well .... diff between contract hire and a lease is contract hire dont show on the balance sheet.

If I was going in for a new van on lease i would take a lease with a balloon payment on the end that way u get lower monthly payments and sell the van at the end of lease to pay baloon amount or as someone else has done take a full payout lease and pay a peppercorn rental at the end of £180 A YEAR same as Gold but like he says u have to sell to a third party if u want to sell and pass a small percentage onto the leasing company ......... the 3rd party can then sell the van to whoever he wants to (use imagination here  ;) )