This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

Window cleaning in UK and USA
« on: September 27, 2005, 04:26:10 am »
I think the lack of using WFP system in the USA are because;

1. Fewer regulations governing equipment useage.

2. Almost 100% of the time the insides are cleaned at the same time the outsides are. I suppose you could use wfp for the out and traditiional for the in; that is a lot to haul around though.

3. Frequency of cleanings; 2 times per year; maybe 3 tops. Lots of detailing; hands on items. Stain removal.

I charge about $10.00 per window in and out. Sometimes more.  If I charged $5 it would still have  to be perfect; so I would rather charge for our time.

Remember; we remove screens, clean the windows and the screens, and replace them.

Each time is a "one off" cleaning. Increasing volume is the market here. Charge more; do each job less often but do more jobs.

4. Each house has anywhere from 30-50 windows per; with screens. 85% of the homes over here have window screens.

I do not have screens on my house. I took them off. I see no reason for screens; they are a pain to clean, collect dirt, and for someone that uses the air conditioning or heat only; they serve no purpose.

If a household opens the windows often the screen keeps bugs out. I believe that is  the big reason for screens. Perhaps a false sense of security; but if someone wants in a screen is easily removed.

The screens are an issue. Usually in order to guarantee careful and appropriate screen removal you need to go inside to do it.

Lift up the window; hold on to tabs on bottom of screen; lift up slightly and push out; the screen comes out.

Then you have to clean the window tracts really well.

I vacuum out the tracts and also wet clean them.

5. Almost all houses are 2 levels  or one. Almost never three. So altho up 2 levels is dangerous; I think the house designs are different here versus there.

Residential is a great moneymaker over here.

I'm sure there are more reasons concerning the differences but the preceeding are the ones I can think of.

I will use WPF one day. It looks great as a choice.
Safe; quicker once you get the hang of it; I would like to learn more.

There will always be traditional methods. Detailing is the plus there.

Both are equally good.

Hugs,

Texas Girl :-*

Debbie

mike henderson

Re: Window cleaning in UK and USA
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 06:04:01 am »
Hi, I live in missouri (south west).  I too have been looking into the wfp for over here.  I take your points about residential work.  However i think there is a great market for alternate cleaning maximizing earnings.  For example i have mentioned the wfp system to many of the resturants i clean mentioning the cleaning of there awnings, there bathroom walls even there lighted signs on the roadside.  All this is high work but with a wfp it is a lot less complicated than hiring scafolding for the sign cleaning or renting a cherry picker and so on, as well as the saftey issue for the business owner.
I clean gas stations and am in the processs of seeing if they want me to clean the canopy over the pumps.  All this can be done while im there cleaning the windows.  So i agree there might not be a practical application for residential work, but if only some of the avenues i mentioned pan out, its all extra money, and high dollar work at that.
I'll let you all know how it goes once i have my system up and running.

Missouri mike

texas girl

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 02:46:34 am »
Mike,

I agree 100%. All those things are possible with WFP; and impossible with other methods without costing an arm and a leg.

Good ideas. Let me know how those things transpire.

Hugs,
Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

clearly pro

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2005, 02:50:59 am »
Mike, I also try to do ad-ons when doing my commercial work. I pressure wash as well as screen reapir. I wanted to post because if you doing awnings, you might like to check out another website dedicated to awnings. Of course it is a commercial website and since it has no relevance here, I will just tell you to do a search for awaning cleaning suplly companies. You will find a big one in ft lauderdale. Check it out.
Say G'nite Gracie
G'nite Gracie