This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: Really annoyed...cancellation
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 07:20:16 pm »
are you really worried,about losing £6.50 every other mth.

get a life.

The money isn't the point. Friendship should mean something. I've helped them out loads of times and they drop you. The only reason I mentioned the money was how small a sum it actually was. Of course I don't care about £6.50. I haven't replied to the text!

JoeMax

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 07:25:37 pm »
It sounds pathetic mate - you've helped them so they MUST stay a customer forever!

This is why you shouldn't mix business and pleasure.. you're getting arsey over £6.50.

Putting a friendship at jeopardy.

chopsie

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 07:27:20 pm »
It sounds pathetic mate - you've helped them so they MUST stay a customer forever!

This is why you shouldn't mix business and pleasure.. you're getting arsey over £6.50.

Putting a friendship at jeopardy.
agreed
chopsie

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 08:38:41 pm »
Same as the other lads dont clean freinds or in my street, infact my nextdoor neighbour has been here 6 years and still thinks i,m a roofer  :o

Sounds like they`ve got a slate loose :P.....then they`ll ask you to look at it.....you can`t win.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

davids3511

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 10:22:57 pm »
are you really worried,about losing £6.50 every other mth.

get a life.

The money isn't the point. Friendship should mean something. I've helped them out loads of times and they drop you. The only reason I mentioned the money was how small a sum it actually was. Of course I don't care about £6.50. I haven't replied to the text!
Jeez, they must be skint if they are dropping you over £6.50 every two months. What kind of friend are you, shouldn't you be more concerned that they are in financial trouble than the fact the had to drop you? Sounds like you aren't looking at things from anything other then your quite selfish (in my opinion) point of view.

Richard Neal

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 10:57:31 pm »
Id reply " no problem mate give me a ring if you ever need them doing" not worth getting upset about.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

spongebob

« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 12:44:48 am »
If you are a real mate then just do them for free and tell them not to worry about the money. I f they really are skint then they'll appreciate it. If they have binned you for someone else then you'll soon find out and can review the friendship.

bobplum

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 11:07:41 am »
just avoid having friends ;D treat every friend like a customer

JandS

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2010, 11:50:42 am »
Yes don't do friends unless I'm backed into a corner.
Did 2 carpet cleans for friends last year whilst they
were on holiday and still not been paid by either.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2010, 01:29:46 pm »
afraid some of you lot really are missing the point completely. You don't drop a friend by text - ever.  You pick up the phone and explain things - and we would have done it for nothing as it happens. We do the neighbours anyway and it takes 5 mins wfp.

Also, we did their garden for below market rates 2 years ago because at the time they were skint. They were fully aware that us - along with other window cleaners - are having a tough time because of the weather. I even rang the day before Christmas to say Merry Christmas and sorry for being a bit late - and not a word was said - that was the time to say something!

Incidentally, they are NOT short of money - they managed a foreign holiday 2 weeks ago, which they were happy to brag about! Possibly a bit short because of that - or because of the one they've booked for March - are we getting the picture now?

There is also nothing selfish about expecting to be treated properly, it's called self preservation. The text didn't even include the word sorry for God's sake!

Nothing more to say on the matter anyway. Wish I'd never bothered adding the post!

formb

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2010, 01:48:01 pm »
I got dropped by a friend/customer a year or so back. The text was sent to the office phone so it was that silly robovoice that explained services were no longer needed.

Saw the Mrs a couple of months ago in Tesco, apparently he buggered off with someone from his work.

Maybe you are not seeing to whole picture...........

formb

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2010, 01:54:11 pm »
......but what do I know, It's your friend.

You are probably right, the guy is obviously a total C U Next Tuesday and you are better off without him.  ::)

lee09

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2010, 05:10:09 pm »
afraid some of you lot really are missing the point completely. You don't drop a friend by text - ever.  You pick up the phone and explain things - and we would have done it for nothing as it happens. We do the neighbours anyway and it takes 5 mins wfp.

Also, we did their garden for below market rates 2 years ago because at the time they were skint. They were fully aware that us - along with other window cleaners - are having a tough time because of the weather. I even rang the day before Christmas to say Merry Christmas and sorry for being a bit late - and not a word was said - that was the time to say something!

Incidentally, they are NOT short of money - they managed a foreign holiday 2 weeks ago, which they were happy to brag about! Possibly a bit short because of that - or because of the one they've booked for March - are we getting the picture now?

There is also nothing selfish about expecting to be treated properly, it's called self preservation. The text didn't even include the word sorry for God's sake!

Nothing more to say on the matter anyway. Wish I'd never bothered adding the post!

Shame all that was not in the first post  ???

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2010, 05:17:18 pm »

Shame all that was not in the first post  ???

I think I mistakenly assumed that no one on here would think I would be so pathetic to care about £6.50 other than in these circumstances! Never mind - at least everyone hopefully understands now!

davids3511

« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2011, 12:05:52 am »
Yeah but not everyone on here actually knows you well enough to decide that without the extra info and we all know there are a few numptys on here. Just look on Ronnies thread and the crap on there to see some of the nutters on this forum.

With the extra info I can see why you might be a bit miffed.