Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: My pump doesn`t stay stopped
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2010, 10:26:19 pm »
It turns the power back on to sense the pressure. It shouldn't need to start cycling unless the pressure has dropped so it sounds like the pressure is dropping either back through the pump itself or after the pump. Simples really.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:25 pm »
no the debate was about the broadex controler
and most people advised him to ajust his system
when in fact broadex had said it was fine
i described a original pump controler and you said iwas totaly wrong and we then went on about the digital varestream which i asked you to educate me into how it works or you think it works
and you admited you didnt know i think that is where we are now

No, I was trying to help the OP solve his problem with his Varistream controller. You butted in half way without paying any attention to what had already been said, with some silly nonsense trying to look clever. It went down like a lead balloon & now you are trying to lessen the embarrassment.

It didn't wash then & it doesn't wash now. ;D

Now, that's where we are. ;)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:02 pm »
It turns the power back on to sense the pressure. It shouldn't need to start cycling unless the pressure has dropped so it sounds like the pressure is dropping either back through the pump itself or after the pump. Simples really.

And thats the root cause of it ,it has to start working again to realise it needs to stop again hence the cycling every 4-5 secs which seems within tolerances and therefore working as it should.

Dave Willis

« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2010, 10:55:57 pm »
Depends if you mean the controller is cycling or the pump is cycling. By your description everyone thinks you mean the pump is actually pumping every few seconds as opposed to sensing every few seconds.

alanwilson

« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2010, 10:58:26 pm »
right I've had enough of thee blind leading the blind.

the varistream is designed to run a cycle every few seconds to determine the current draw from the pump - if the pole is disconnected or the trigger not engaged then the current draw is high, the varistream senses the extra draw and sutss down the pump, unless it checks every cuple of seconds then there is no way for the varistream to know if the trigger has been pulled or pole reconnected.

when setting the cut off on the varistream all you are doing is altering the current draw at which the varistream will switch the pump off.

open flow - easy for pump to run - very low current draw
closed flow - too much backpressure for pump to run easily - very high current draw

I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2010, 11:05:29 pm »
Depends if you mean the controller is cycling or the pump is cycling. By your description everyone thinks you mean the pump is actually pumping every few seconds as opposed to sensing every few seconds.

Yep, that's what I was assuming, the pump cycling.

It's normal for the unit to switch on & off for the reasons Alanwilson describes.

Pleeeeeeease don't tell me this is what you mean? ;D ;D ;D

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:27 pm »
Switch on and off?,isn`t that cycling if its happening every few seconds,i think i asked if this was normal.

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2010, 11:15:01 pm »
And it can`t sense unless it trys to pump

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2010, 11:23:42 pm »
Switch on and off?,isn`t that cycling if its happening every few seconds,i think i asked if this was normal.

Well I can give you a definite answer. It's normal! ;D

stephen.b1

« Reply #69 on: December 28, 2010, 11:26:10 pm »
winp did you not read this

« Reply #58 on: Today at 10:03:26pm »    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
broadex are still right
basicaly
as i undertand it the digital varestream operates by adjusting the amps thus increasing or slowing the pump down the controler also monitors the amp load ie if you stop the water flow the pump uses mor amps and cuts the power to the pump it re starts the pump by reseting itself by turning the power on if you have not connected your pole  it will turn off again possibly ever 3/4 seconds    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
there is no need to alter the varistream as it is working correctly

stephen.b1

« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2010, 11:29:51 pm »
winp

no you didnt if you had thought it normal why try to get himto alter the settings why didnt you gust say its normal mate ??? ;D ;D ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2010, 11:36:07 pm »
winp

no you didnt if you had thought it normal why try to get himto alter the settings why didnt you gust say its normal mate

Look, clever cloggs ::)

His own words "my pump is cycling" NOT "my varistream is monitoring" ::)

When someone describes a pump as cycling they "usually" mean it's turning, as in turning several revolutions.

I did read your post "58"  and you were stating the obvious, which we all know.

However, it's apparent now that the pump in question is not cycling, but rather monitoring!

You haven't proved anything bar what was already known, only realised you didn't know how the V2 unit works! ::)

Nameless Drudge

« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2010, 11:38:12 pm »
I am glad i asked.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2010, 11:40:01 pm »
I am glad i asked.

;D ;D ;D

Look what you started. I've got an "Ewan" stalking me :o :o

stephen.b1

« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2010, 11:52:25 pm »

quote    I did read your post "58"  and you were stating the obvious, which we all know.

if i was stating the obvious why did you advise him to change settings

quote   You haven't proved anything bar what was already known, only realised you didn't know how the V2 unit works! 

i did know how the v2 operates as i said i wanted you to educate me and you said you didnt know how it works that you didnt build it i wanted to know what you know and you answered it
and now you say its obvious how dose that work ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

stephen.b1

« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2010, 11:55:39 pm »
is that normal ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #76 on: December 29, 2010, 12:14:17 am »

quote    I did read your post "58"  and you were stating the obvious, which we all know.

if i was stating the obvious why did you advise him to change settings

quote   You haven't proved anything bar what was already known, only realised you didn't know how the V2 unit works! 

i did know how the v2 operates as i said i wanted you to educate me and you said you didnt know how it works that you didnt build it i wanted to know what you know and you answered it
and now you say its obvious how dose that work ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Stephen

Read the thread from the very beggining, like you should have done. Pump cycling, water agitating inside etc. etc.

A pump cycling for a few seconds, hearing the water inside it etc.

READ THE WHOLE THREAD!

I told him to adjust the settings to lower the pressure in the system, which was indeed the correct advice given the information available at that time.

You asked me how the V2 unit worked, why did you ask if you already knew? ??? According to YOU, the V2 will only cut off at 100psi & has NO adjustment! ::) Yeah, that's how much you know how it works! ::) I told you how it works from a user point of view, which just so happens to be what common sense would determine as relevant.
SO, ONE LAST TIME-

IF INDEED, THE ORIGINAL THREAD HAD BEEN WORDED DIFFERENT OR A MORE ACCURATE DESCRIPTION WAS REVEALED INNITIALLY, THEN YES, MY ANSWER, OR "HELP" WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE THOUGH.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
UNDEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDD?????????????

YOU ARE NOT CLEVER.

YOU JUMPED ON A CHANCE TO LOOK GOOD HALFWAY THROUGH, ONCE THERE WAS MORE INFORMATION.

THEN, YOU INSISTED THAT HIS V2 CONTROLLER DIDN'T HAVE ANY PRESSURE SETTINGS WHICH WAS NOT CORRECT.
LET IT GO DUDE, YOU DON'T NEED TO CARRY THE CHIP, YOU GOT CARRIED AWAY & GOT IT WRONG!

FFS ::) :'( :'( :'( :'(

stephen.b1

« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2010, 12:30:03 am »
re read and undertand posts 42 54 56 and 58 you will then realise your last post was complete rubbish

stephen.b1

« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2010, 12:31:06 am »
then read post 74 it says it all

stephen.b1

« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2010, 12:32:45 am »
he dosnt have a v2 controler read first post its a brodex