This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

Re: Started to Fit Fogwash
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2010, 06:01:53 pm »
hey Roy you say the inlet is blocked off yeh? Will water come out of it if it wasnt blocked? If it does come out maybe you could pipe off it with a tap and use it to fill a trad bucket with hot?

I blocked it off with speed fit end stop, so no water will come out. And I use one off the out lets to the trolleys to fill the bucket.

But it could be available if needed.

I'm doing more revamps of my van, but its so dam cold out there.

Roy

Very clever mate, really good idea. I like it. Just a thought tho, turning the heater off would give you cold water? So do you need a cold feed?

The thing is as soon as the heater senses a water draw off it automaticly lights.

Roy

Ste M

« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2010, 07:16:54 pm »
have you noticed though roy that the only way to turn the heater off is to turn the gas off? got to say ive only found one fault so far and i dont think its really a fault more of a user error. seems much better than the L5 as the temp is more controlable.

Roy Harding

« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2010, 08:49:48 pm »
have you noticed though roy that the only way to turn the heater off is to turn the gas off? got to say ive only found one fault so far and i dont think its really a fault more of a user error. seems much better than the L5 as the temp is more controlable.

Yes I noticed that, That's one reason I set a tap like I did.

How are you finding the heater compared to the L5?

Roy

Ste M

« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2010, 09:10:25 pm »
much better, it seems to heat up quicker and also gets hotter upon demand, it just seems a better piece of kit, i have only used them side by side for 3 days though, fitting my new van out over the next week i hope so i want ot fit the fogwash a bit better as i now have the vent as well

chopsie

« Reply #64 on: December 26, 2010, 10:23:49 pm »
Although it looks very good Roy, I really hope there is a much simpler way of connecting it all up, All those fitting look a nightmare for a DIY hater like me, I was hoping for hozelock push fitting off cold feed hose and a hose with a hozelock connector each end from hot outlet to the reel, Please say there is a simpler way than all that  ???
chopsie

Ste M

« Reply #65 on: December 26, 2010, 10:24:59 pm »
you can pipe it up exactly the same as an l5 chopsie

Roy Harding

« Reply #66 on: December 26, 2010, 10:33:15 pm »
Although it looks very good Roy, I really hope there is a much simpler way of connecting it all up, All those fitting look a nightmare for a DIY hater like me, I was hoping for hozelock push fitting off cold feed hose and a hose with a hozelock connector each end from hot outlet to the reel, Please say there is a simpler way than all that  ???

Its very easy to connect, but the way I have done it is a bit nerdy is it. ;D

Roy.

chopsie

« Reply #67 on: December 26, 2010, 10:40:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys, I was getting worried!!
I do not think its nerdy Roy, Think you have made a cracking job, Just was getting worried i would have to pay someone to fit mine  :P
chopsie

prestige cleaners

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2010, 06:09:10 pm »
ive finally got mine working, its very hot on the coolest temperature. im sure i will get a chance to test it soon though. didnt realise it took 2x D batteries. anyone else feel smug theyve saved £2k?

NWH

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2010, 09:19:14 pm »
After seeing the pics it looks exactly the same as the L5 the outlets are the same aswell,what is the difference apart from make maybe and flu. ???

Roy Harding

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:50 pm »
After seeing the pics it looks exactly the same as the L5 the outlets are the same aswell,what is the difference apart from make maybe and flu. ???

It does not have a 15 min cut out, and can run 2 brushes from one heater also ce marked.

Roy

Roy Harding

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 10:17:59 pm »
Just got me roof vent adapted in stainless steel.

Roy