This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

waynebarry

Warehouse cleans
« on: December 19, 2010, 01:59:12 pm »
Hi guys And girls

We have been doing warehouse cleans for a while now its been mainly cleaning the stills and metal work ready for painting and then cleaning the ceiling and side panels to bring back to new. Up to now we have been doing this by hand does anyone know of a machine we could use instead?

trevor perry

Re: Warehouse cleans
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:26:14 pm »
a lot of areas can be done with water fed pole but if there is areas with electric do these areas by hand, we usually put traffic film through the trolley system and spray nozzle and then have one man behind rinsing of with a brush and pencil jets, roof areas sometimes need squeeging as they can take a long time to dry off.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

waynebarry

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 03:11:20 pm »
Hi Trever, yea we have tried this before but t didnt have the same results as going up in a sissor lift and doing it by hand! I was just wondering if there was any sort of steam & recovery system out there I didnt know about?

trevor perry

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »
the steam and recovery systems are way to slow for this type of work
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

martin19842

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 09:03:18 am »
hi there

i have to agree, cherry pickers, scissor lifts, and labour seem to be the only effective away to clean.

regards

martin

waynebarry

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 08:45:42 pm »
thanks for the feed back looks like ill be having to keep doing it the old fashion way!!
just out of interest we have done about 10 of these now, how do you price yours do you do it by the sq meter or day rate etc?

trevor perry

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:09:41 am »
i usually estimate how long it will take and price accordingly adding on scissorlift and chemicals etc

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »
hi there

i look at each job/ site individually, and then cost the whole job, materials, kit, labour, profit etc, and then take into account any hassle factors, ie timescales, working hours, aother trades on site, access, then take it from there.

its really the only way you can do as there are always factors to be considered.

regards

martin

waynebarry

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 08:50:08 pm »
Thanks Trevor & Martin, I do the same but i was hoping there might be a formula or square meterage people go by looks like we are doing it the correct way!
Regarding other trademan & other obstructions the bane of my life specially the net/roofing always holding us up, you have to add another day to the qoute just for it! never mind I suppose its work ;D