Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Len Gribble

Re: Last Minute Rush !!
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 08:05:51 pm »
Got a call back >:(  doing it Sunday morning the only time she can fit me in  :o  >:( however 4th to 8th fully booked.  Keep nudging my commercials Aprils nearly on us budget time or you lose it  ;D
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

markpowell

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 09:06:20 pm »
Same as usuall for time of year, worked 7 days since bonfire night, ready for the break now.
Mark

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 10:05:06 pm »
Been our best run up to Christmas since we started carpet cleaning must admit we have done more advertising.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 10:18:40 pm »
Trouble is tracking your advertising to how much work you got from it because you get too busy to do paper work, I have phone calls and work but not time, snow got me this year.

Shaun

slioch

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2010, 10:48:22 pm »
Not as manic as last year but fully booked.  Took on a £1500 job today which has to be done before Christmas - not quite worked out how to do that yet.

However, very few bookings into January - by this time I usually have enough to make me feel good about the New Year.

kerrmiddleton

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 12:48:08 pm »
 :'( this is the worst 2 years ive ever had; this year espicaly , done emails letters postcard, putting  it down to weather , this snow not help putting people off , hopfully when snow shifts , work will come running in all the best for christmas and new year , 

cannon

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2010, 05:11:45 pm »
Last minute rush to cancell more like ive had loads, and dec was allready well short of my expectations.

Never mind im quite optomistic for next year.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »
I was out early this morning bloddy hell it was sheet ice! must admit phone not as busy as last year but I don't think Xmas is as busy anyway and I don't think there's as much Xmas spirit neither!!

I have a good set of customers which literally book me for a week, I go from house to house on their estate they all book through a 'booking agent' Mrs.Swift who gets them all orginaised, if it weren't for people like these I wonder how much work I'd do, I have however just turned down a 4 bed house to clean just can't do them all and have a family life (daughter saying money money money, son with headphones on playing on Xbox, mrs on the wine already) standard family really.

Shaun

jasonl

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2010, 05:56:08 pm »
I was out early this morning bloddy hell it was sheet ice! must admit phone not as busy as last year but I don't think Xmas is as busy anyway and I don't think there's as much Xmas spirit neither!!

I have a good set of customers which literally book me for a week, I go from house to house on their estate they all book through a 'booking agent' Mrs.Swift who gets them all orginaised, if it weren't for people like these I wonder how much work I'd do, I have however just turned down a 4 bed house to clean just can't do them all and have a family life (daughter saying money money money, son with headphones on playing on Xbox, mrs on the wine already) standard family really.

Shaun

Whats your name?  Ozzy Osborne?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »
SHARON

MAX Carpets

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »
strangely enough it has picked up here, lots of last minute bookings!! Thankfully!

colin thomas

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2010, 07:03:50 pm »
i find that the phone doesn't ring much this close to xmas, if they want it cleaning they have booked a couple of weeks ago or forget it. the other side is that although i am fully booked up to wednesday evening the weather is so bad i'd rather not go out, i'm calling customers to suggest cancelling and they want to go ahead, bummer!!!

colin
colin thomas

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2010, 07:12:30 pm »
I've had 6 calls today starting with, "don't suppose you've got any spaces left?", one needed a full 4 bed house and suite cleaning tomorrow!!! I know we all get them but you do have to laugh !

Shaun

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2010, 07:17:08 pm »
Someone rang me in November to book an EOT for this Thursday. I said fine, I was going to have Thursday off but if you send me a small deposit to confirm I will book it in.

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2010, 07:25:08 pm »
i find that the phone doesn't ring much this close to xmas,

I don't care how much it rings now. We're back up to the 3 inch depth of snow and it's still falling. Unless the job is (a) within walking distance if I get stuck and (b) they don't mind an electrical lead powering my heater whilst it's paked on their driveway for days, then I'll stay here and see it out knowing that at least I'll still have a van and equipment to use come January.
A friend of mine very nearly didn't see xmas after writing off his car on the M6 Saturday afternoon. Things like that make you sit back and re-assess things.

M.Acorn

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 12:38:40 pm »
Why do people leave it so late !!!

Had loads of calls over the last few days,but i have filled my diary with commercial jobs now,just had to book a 3 bed i quoted on last week,for Friday morning,then that`s it.
What goes around comes around

sherco

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2010, 01:22:58 pm »
You think thats bad about people leaving it to the last minute...Had two today...'Any chance of tiling my 40sqm floor before christmas...And another one wanting there bathroom tiled before friday.  ;D
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Ricky M

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 12:05:29 am »
Dec steady away for 2 vans I suppose
but better than last year  ;D

back to marketing & selling for Jan with me lil bods in toe  :o
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

rich hand

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 09:00:16 pm »
Get onto hard floors, ive had 3 days of it this week alone, people don't mind having them done last minute

malcom1961

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2010, 11:10:48 pm »
We've got a few new carpet cleaners started up here in the last couple of months, just lost a job that was booked in for Tuesday, all carpets in a 4 bed house.

She phoned me today and said she'd found someone who would do it cheaper than us, I asked how much they were charging?    £60.00 !!!!

For 4 bedrooms, ensuite, bathroom, HSL, Lounge Diner and small study room!  Fine.

Got a space for Tuesday morning, will probably get it filled with a proper client by the weekend

I have one of these guys as a competitor he advertises £10 any where in the northeast and any size room    Hey i love it i get a lot of customers who quote his price then ask me for a quote ( no i do not compete ) i have only lost maybe 1% these guys can be used to your advantage    ritz-cleaners.co.uk 
not going into details but have a look at my site and go to how to pick a cleaner use some of the info when talking on the phone and i guarantee it works