This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bobs Window Cleaning

Re: Who has been working
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2010, 12:33:26 pm »
No snow here in Norfolk. Lovely blue sky actually.

-7 wind chill tho  ???

Water froze on glass so Im back home :-[
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2010, 01:05:49 pm »
Having my second consecutive full day off here.  I only worked the afternoon on Monday too.  Not a problem unless it goes on for a while as I've been putting a bit away over the past few months.  It is actually the taxman's but I've kept it in a separate account as an emergency backup in case I encountered weather/vehicle problems.  While I am happy to honour my tax liabilities, if it ever came to a choice between fixing the van (and being able to continue earning) and/or paying my mortgage/eating, then I'm afraid that I would choose to delay paying tax money.  In practice, I would probably end up paying some of it from the savings.  Then, when they started to hassle me, I would pay the rest from a credit card.  Not a good move but the lesser of the evils I think.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2010, 02:57:38 pm »
Had to give up after a few houses.
No freezing on glass although it was -2, but the jets kept freezing up.
Had to start on some bungalows. Not a wage, but better than nothing. :-\

I might not even go through all the bother of thawing stuff tomorrow. I've got £70-odd of bungalows I can squeegee. I'll settle for that.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2010, 03:03:14 pm »
I also had the jets freezing up today, and the tap as well. First time this has ever happened to me ???
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

woody1

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2010, 03:12:43 pm »
i have just got in  to cold i made a  it off cash but it keeps snowing

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 03:18:43 pm »
Managed 9am start - just finished. Overall lost about the equivalent of one day with early finishes since it turned colder

Frankybadboy

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »
started at 8 trad the first 4 house then warmed up for the wfp to come out just got home at 3,lovely ;D ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2010, 03:46:05 pm »
I'm in Basildon Essex and did a 7-2. Factory first thing in Basildon and then a drive to Rayleigh for a load of domestic. Had one where it was front only and 2 that wanted it left. However all were ok and didnt think we were too mad. Then back to Basildon to finish off a unit on the inside as they weren't around yesterday morning.

Simon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 03:47:32 pm »
ten 'till two for me. Could have done more if I didn't have to come home for a pee  ::)

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2010, 03:50:07 pm »
Van is frozen up.

Klean07

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 03:52:14 pm »
ten 'till two for me. Could have done more if I didn't have to come home for a pee  ::)
Cant believe you came all the way home just for a pee. Theres loads of places you can pee. Like up against your van, in the bushes, custies garden etc.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 03:59:09 pm »
Cant believe you came all the way home just for a pee. Theres loads of places you can pee. Like up against your van, in the bushes, custies garden etc.
In your flask.

Klean07

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 04:09:07 pm »
Never thought of that one. ;D
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 04:20:13 pm »
I had a full day again today. Forced myself to do it because although it's cold, it's getting colder and I doubt if I will be able to work Thursday cos -8 is forecast which is just too cold.

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 04:30:55 pm »

Yellow snow.

Mike #1

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 04:35:37 pm »
worked 4 hrs since last wednesday its either been to cold or snowing heavy was knackered yesterday dragging trolley thourgh  a 1 ft of snow in some places but you got to try heavy snow tomorrow hopefully  work friday and saturday

mick hay

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 04:44:14 pm »
I think we got of quite lightly in Manchester!

Yes it's freezing, don't think it got above 0 today, and it did start snowing heavy today, but have managed to do a full day every day so far.

Just cancelled a Connie clean tomorrow, as she has no heating in it, so would freeze up on roof more than likely, booked in for next week!

Hate being wet and cold tho.....roll on the summer!!!  ::)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:27 pm »
working but not on the glass

Just bought a big round which is all over the place when it comes to logical street to street order ... 3 here and 2 over there then 4 back to the other area etc etc ... so busy google earthing the addresses so I can get it all flowing nicely ... my thinking is if I cant work this week then more than likely will save at least 2 hours a day driving around looking for the houses.

also setting up my IBC and RO this afternoon in the warm garage  :)
 top man will be over 4 water m8 ;D ;D ;D

LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

combat1

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 04:46:43 pm »
Worked but fairy liquid was frozen when I got to the first call, never had that before. couldnt do garage doors as colder than a house and water just froze as soon as it hit.
hampshire, very cold but sofar snow free.

glen parva

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 04:59:56 pm »
i started at 5.00am finshed at 2.15pm
started on shops and cleaned domestics till it came to heavy with snow
worked all week in leicester