Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wynne jones

Re: prochem chemicals
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 09:26:43 pm »
I agree with Steve.

I like Powerburst and Pureclean and you need something to agitate the carpet a lot of guys start off with a SEBO DUO.

Once you've made some money you can get a truckmount and do an even better job. ;D
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

gr cleaning solutions

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 09:32:26 pm »
im using a brush at the mo but the sebo dou is coming in the new year almost got the money saved up for that but the brush has kept me fit  ;D

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 01:31:01 pm »
Thats quiet a statement you make there Wynne and could be damaging to any person supplying the product. I have dug up some info re the two main products which we know as M-Power and Nemesis

M-Power® Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, is:
Derived from renewable/sustainable sources
Fully Biodegradable
Exhibits anti-bacterial & anti-viral properties thanks to its unique natural-molecular cleaning action.
Non-toxic to humans and pets
Non-toxic to aquatic life
Non-reactive with chemicals, such as chlorine bleach
Non-caustic
Non-combustible
Non-corrosive
Non-flammable
Non-fuming,
Non-hazardous
Non-polluting

M-Power® Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner contains:
NO ammonia
NO animal products
NO Bacteria or Enzymes
NO artificial ingredients
NO isopropyl alcohol
NO phosphates
NO solvents (apart from water)
NO synthetic chemicals
NO harmful ingredients
NO Soap or detergents
non-flammable and non-fuming
non-toxic to mammals
non-toxic to aquatic life at recommended use dilutions
anti-oxidant in nature and will not oxidize or degrade metal, rubber, vinyl, plastic or glass
suitable for use as a protectant for metal, painted surfaces, fibre glass, plastic, rubber or vinyl.

It does not:
contain caustics such as sodium metasilicate
contain builders, such as foaming agents or re-agents like oxidizers or bleaches.
contain chlorinated solvents or any petroleum based derivatives
contain phosphates, silicones, acrylics or acetones
react with other chemistries, such as chlorine bleach to create toxic gases
contain glycol ethers
Harm fabrics
harm sewer bacteria
separate or precipitate out at freezing or superheat conditions
loose its strength from evaporation, unlike caustic or solvent based surfactant cleaners
contain hazardous VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
require special handling such as protective gloves or face masks

There is a Data Safety Sheet available.

Re Nemesis
it is:
non-flammable and non-fuming
non-toxic to mammals
non-toxic to aquatic life at recommended use dilutions
anti-oxidant in nature and will not oxidize or degrade metal, rubber, vinyl, plastic or glass
suitable for use as a protectant for metal, painted surfaces, fibre glass, plastic, rubber or vinyl.

It does not:
contain caustics such as sodium metasilicate
contain builders, such as foaming agents or re-agents like oxidizers or bleaches.
contain chlorinated solvents or any petroleum based derivatives
contain phosphates, silicones, acrylics or acetones
react with other chemistries, such as chlorine bleach to create toxic gases
contain glycol ethers
Harm fabrics
harm sewer bacteria
separate or precipitate out at freezing or superheat conditions
loose its strength from evaporation, unlike caustic or solvent based surfactant cleaners
contain hazardous VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds)
require special handling such as protective gloves or face masks
I think there is enough info there for current users and future users to be reassured.

wynne jones

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 03:18:01 pm »
Joe

I think it's important for people who are using these products to at least read some of the scientific communities views on products like this and I would say that not all agree with this just like GM foods. There is a big debate at that moment within the WHO as to whether other nanotechnology such as those used in deoderants should be halted, something which was previously considered benign and is now causing concern.

My view is that soap in one form or another has been around long enough to know it's not going to kill you 50 years down the line. I also know that these products have been round more than 20 years but non the less there is concern about potential health risks.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 04:24:06 pm »
There wasn't such a choice 30 years ago, Prochem were very much out on their own in the carpet & upholstery cleaning chem stakes. There were a few others like Stapro, but not quite in the same league. Most of Prochems products then were of a liquid variety whereas today they do have a fair amount of powder products.
There were also a good number of Cotton Velvet suites to be cleaned and the only way to so was to use solvent. Machinery for solvent use was expensive so most did them by hand, using natural sponges. It was a hazardous job because of the unhealthy flammable fumes, but it was a case of get on with it or turn the work down. I stopped solvent cleaning after deciding the health risk was just too great.
Modern chems are a lot milder, healthier and safer, whilst still achieving the desired result. Machinery is multiply more powerful and the physical effort easier.
Personally, I would place Prochem, Hydramaster and Alltec Chems in the same high class.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Joe H

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 06:11:48 pm »
What I do know is that when I use some high ph stuff like Powerburst, UPR and others I get a chest problem.
With Nemesis an MPower - no problem.
Clients are expecting some strong smelling cleaning agent (cause thats what they got in the past), yet now they are surprised when I tell the cleaning fluid (chemical to them) is already down on thier carpet.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 08:25:43 pm »
Yes Joe you are right. Even modern chems can irritate the mucous membranes in the airways when atomised (airborne) whilst spraying when they are inevitably slightly inhaled, but in solution they are normally ok.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2010, 08:54:20 pm »
S.H.I.T Joe didn’t the ncca teach you anything about PPE regardless ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

garyj

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 09:17:30 pm »
Well I used MPower and Fusion8 today on a greasy sofa because my usual chems just weren't 'doing' it. Very very impressed with the result and will definitely be trying them again. Had the trial pack 3 months but not really used them but will be giving them another go on Monday. I'm more surprised than anybody just how well they worked!

Oddly enough it was Wyn's post that prompted me to give them a go.

Vernon Purcell

« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 10:36:14 pm »
Is there much difference between the acid rinses? I'm using Woodbridge's at the moment but have used Fib Fab in the past. Got to honest and say I don't give my acid rinse much thought!
Never had a problem with Prochem and think I will start using them again when my latest batch of chemical has run out.
There are acid rinses and there are acid rinses, I use a conditioning rinse that dilutes 64-1

wynne jones

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2010, 11:09:11 pm »
Well I used MPower and Fusion8 today on a greasy sofa because my usual chems just weren't 'doing' it. Very very impressed with the result and will definitely be trying them again. Had the trial pack 3 months but not really used them but will be giving them another go on Monday. I'm more surprised than anybody just how well they worked!

Gary

What were the chems you tried that weren't doing it?

robert meldrum

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 12:55:14 am »
The chemical supplier referred to in that article is Green Earth..............they are NOT the supplier of the products sold in the UK

Colin Day

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 01:10:04 am »

Gary

Wynne, have you actually tried Fushion8 or any other of Solution's Chemicals....?

Quite simply mate, they are astonishing..... I'm sure Nick will send you some samples!!!!

Matt Lindus

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 09:59:45 am »
Is that guy down in cornwall still flogging springwater with a fancy chemical label. He ripped off loads of people with this allerg stop thing, and yet the mugs still flock round him.

Oh, and them machines that look like flimsy council bin carts on dodgy little casters with a bent piece of metal called a handle on the back. He must be making them in his garden shed. 

He wants drowing in his primary chemical source,, cornish sea water.

robert meldrum

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 11:32:54 am »
Tongue in cheek Matt ?   I hope so !

I was a critic of A/Stop not because of the product but the " membership " concept. However it's clear that Nick is nobody's fool and his range of products are exceptionally good.

The " council bin " is a Cross American model adapted for the UK market with input from the Solutions team resulting in a powerful and effective workhorse.

Most portables in the UK market have similar parentage.

wynne jones

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 01:35:04 pm »

Gary

Wynne, have you actually tried Fushion8 or any other of Solution's Chemicals....?

Quite simply mate, they are astonishing..... I'm sure Nick will send you some samples!!!!

Colin

Two people have said they were using chems then used one of these products and got miraculous results, neither have responded as yet to my question what were they using before?

I have used Mpower which is what we are on about, colloid cleaners. I don't know anything about fusionx or whatever it is. I beleive Nemisis is pretty much the same and work with the same technology. I have seen marketing comments from a supplier of at least one of these products making direct reference to being derived from oil slick dispersion products.

So just to recap. I found these product less effective than normal detergents, requiring far more spotting. There is concern about the use of this type of product in some scientific quarters and the world health organisation. Therefore I feel it wise not to bother with them.

garyj

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 03:38:25 pm »
Didn't say the results were miraculous, was impressed with them though! I started using Pureclean, then on to Formula 90, then on to MPower and Fusion8.

Sofa was over 30 years old but in excellent condition, was very greasy though which prompted me to try these products as you had said they are derived from the oil industry's clean up chemicals. Don't know how true that is and don't really care, also not interested in how eco friendly it is, I used them as a last resort as its all I had and they worked. The rest of the house was wool carpet so used Fusion8 on them as already had a couple of litres made up. Got a similar job tomorrow and Fusion8 is going to be the first thing I try, hope it works as well again!

wynne jones

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 03:53:18 pm »
I like Pureclean, interestingly I quite often use it as a wetting agent before using something else.

I have also heard good things from people I know using this SPM so there's no bias against S. UK just not happy bunny with colloids. 

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 07:38:54 pm »
Is that guy down in cornwall still flogging springwater with a fancy chemical label. He ripped off loads of people with this allerg stop thing, and yet the mugs still flock round him.

Oh, and them machines that look like flimsy council bin carts on dodgy little casters with a bent piece of metal called a handle on the back. He must be making them in his garden shed. 

He wants drowing in his primary chemical source,, cornish sea water.

what do you base your attack on Solutions UK on Matt? The Scorpion machine continues to outshine all the other triple vac machines on the market. Your posts continually make you out as a disgruntled Solutions competitor - come on, tell us all who you really are

Matt Seymour

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2010, 08:23:20 pm »
I have used both Fusion 8 and M Power.

I find that they are great on carpets that are reasonably clean, but they don't quite cut the mustard on anything more than that. Having said that, I've seen before and after pictures from other carpet cleaners using M Power and they have managed to clean real mingers with it. Maybe I just haven't quite got to grips with it yet?

Given that M Power has a dilution rate of something 1:120 it is great value for money and is probably the solution I use most often.

I never use it on anything other than well maintained carpets though. Prochem all the way for mingers.