Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SherwoodCleaningSe

Re: Gardiners new lightest brush - extreme.
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:41:53 pm »
Anyone tried out the scraper?  Whats it like.

Simon.

Dave Willis

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 05:43:25 pm »
My hose has gone all stiff in the cold and my push fit pole valves are leaking  >:(

jouk45

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 06:07:31 pm »
can we do a trade in with our old goosneck and superlite brush  ;D yea i really do like the look of the new goosneck and brush,

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:51 pm »
My hose has gone all stiff in the cold and my push fit pole valves are leaking  >:(

If the leak is where the pipe goes in Dave try some barbed to solid tube adaptors (can't think of a proper name) very reliable & won't shrink or expand! ;)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 11:51:22 pm »

When is someone going to invent a cold weather non-kink hose!?  ;D
What hose is kinking? The clear pole hose? ???
And what's the weather got to do with it GG?

No, the microbore - which is stiffer in the cold.
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:14 am »

If the leak is where the pipe goes in Dave try some barbed to solid tube adaptors (can't think of a proper name) very reliable & won't shrink or expand! ;)

Do you mean the inserts that we used to use on the old gas valves? What a good idea I'll give it a go in a minute!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 10:51:31 am »

Do you mean the inserts that we used to use on the old gas valves? What a good idea I'll give it a go in a minute!

Not sure Dave, basically, it's barbed one end (this goes into your hose) & the other end is a hard plastic tube. The hard plastic tube is what you then push into your female "push fit" connector. It's a proper solid, reliable fit now, which won't be affected by any flex,shrink or expansion like you might get by just pushing the bare hose in. ;)

I'll see'f I can find a link. ;)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 12:04:45 pm »

I've never had microbore kink. That's a strange one.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 04:26:44 pm »

http://www.johnguest.com/Home/applications/beverages-and-drinks-dispense/PI-and-PM-Fittings/Inch-Size-Tube-to-hose-fittings/TUBE-TO-HOSE-STEM.aspx

This is what I mean Dave, this won't be the right size, ferkin nightmare trying to locate the correct one. I'll dig mine out tomorrow & see if there's a part number on them. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 04:52:34 pm »
That would be perfect I know Gardiners pole hose is 8mm outside but can't remember the inside diameter - probably 6mm?

Dave Willis

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2010, 05:00:57 pm »
PM250806E?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2010, 05:06:57 pm »
PM250806E?

Give me 10 mins, I'll go & get one to see if there's a clue.

It's that long since I bought them, I got mine to fit my pole hose with a push fit straight connector between them for quick change hose length, brush set up etc.

This straight connector is what comes on the new quick change goosneck from Gardiners.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2010, 05:38:43 pm »
Right Dave

Yes, your part number is what I have. I used the barb end on 5mm ID pole hose. I also used it on 6mm ID hose & was fine but not as tight a fit (obviously)

For your info- 8mm refers to the tube & 6mm to the barb size.

You just need to work out which size of which you require.

Also, my van side door was frozen solid so had to clamber over loads of crap, banged my head & slipped on the ice, so please remember me if your numbers come up! ;) ;D ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2010, 05:55:21 pm »
Sorry about that old chap. Just to recap the part number I picked out goes into your black or yellow Gardiners pole hose then pushes into the valve that they supply? I'm surprised Alex hasn't sussed that one out. I've found the push fit valves brilliant until the hose stiffens up and won't bend naturally where it hangs from the valve. Seems to work fine throughout the summer. I've even tried a smear of silicone on the hose but it just makes it worse.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2010, 06:08:53 pm »

I've never had microbore kink. That's a strange one.

Mine has started to kink recently. I put it down to getting thin after dragging it on the ground and around corners.

Never had this problem when it was new but the hose is probably 3 years old at least.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2010, 06:11:16 pm »
Sorry about that old chap. Just to recap the part number I picked out goes into your black or yellow Gardiners pole hose then pushes into the valve that they supply? I'm surprised Alex hasn't sussed that one out. I've found the push fit valves brilliant until the hose stiffens up and won't bend naturally where it hangs from the valve. Seems to work fine throughout the summer. I've even tried a smear of silicone on the hose but it just makes it worse.

Yes, that's right BUT just to be safe-

Measure the pole hose ID for the barb end & do the same with the your valve just to be sure.

Like I said- the 8mm refers to the tube end (which goes into your valve) & the 6mm refers to the size of the barbed end. ;)

Yes, the one you picked out IS the ones I've got- 8mm x 6mm.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2010, 06:20:44 pm »
To put it simple your pole hose will have to be 5 or 6mm ID & your valve 8mm for that particular size unit to work. If not, you'll need a different size one. ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2010, 06:22:09 pm »
Oky doky