This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Should I sign up to Aworka?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 03:44:51 pm »
plus if u need excel to work a program, it wont work with works spreasheet, this is one of the reason why i didnt buy wcp as am not buying excel as well

Jack Wallace

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 03:52:08 pm »

Hi Chris,

I am interested in Aworka, can you tell me how it sorts VAT.
Is it able to allocate VAT to certain jobs and not others, IE, commercial and domestic.

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 06:09:50 pm »
For each job, you can specify whether the price includes VAT, excludes VAT or is not VAT-able (no VAT).

So for example:

if the price is £10 inc VAT, you would charge £10, and keep £8.51 net after repaying the VAT to HMRC
if the price is £10 ex VAT, you would charge £11.75, and keep £10 after repaying the VAT
if the price is £10 no VAT, you would charge £10 and keep £10, nothing to HMRC (not sure you could ever do this as a VAT registered window cleaner though!?!?!)

Aworka obviously does all the sums for you and puts the right amounts in the right places.

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 06:15:58 pm »
Your links won't work for me, so I'm unable to 'see' it working.

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 06:36:41 pm »
Try typing aworka into Google instead...? Should be the top link in the results.

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »
Hi all,
I didn't know this thread was about software- or cloud even, so didn't bother with it.There have been a few threads lately and some have become very heated.I was livid.

There is no doubt that software is very important.The people who have the knack with excel have no real idea of what they are missing.There are three elements to a wc biz
operations
marketing
Admin

The trick is to be brilliant at all three.

As regards admin, round software management is a must.Maximum benefit, minimum investment of time.Doesn't any one know what IT stands for. Information Technology, this is what computers are for.

As regards MACs i use these and use a programme called parrallels.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 07:08:44 pm »
For each job, you can specify whether the price includes VAT, excludes VAT or is not VAT-able (no VAT).

So for example:

if the price is £10 inc VAT, you would charge £10, and keep £8.51 net after repaying the VAT to HMRC
if the price is £10 ex VAT, you would charge £11.75, and keep £10 after repaying the VAT
if the price is £10 no VAT, you would charge £10 and keep £10, nothing to HMRC (not sure you could ever do this as a VAT registered window cleaner though!?!?!)

Aworka obviously does all the sums for you and puts the right amounts in the right places.

Thanks Chris,
My Interest Level just went up, it sounds like it may be very good for me so will take a closer look  ;D

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 07:34:45 pm »
Try typing aworka into Google instead...? Should be the top link in the results.

I can get to your site but YOUR links ON the site dont do anything!

Chris @ Aworka

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 07:44:47 pm »
Sorry I misunderstood. What internet browser are you using? Aworka needs Internet Explorer 8 or better still Firefox, Safari or Chrome to work properly. I suspect you may be running IE6...?

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2010, 07:58:49 pm »
I had a look and thought aworka was good if a bit basic.The profit and loss account was something the others haven't got but otherwise it would be a backward step when we already own more sophisticated programmes.

If enough work is put in by newbs it may come up to speed later.

Wayne Fowler

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:22:32 pm »
Slumpbuster, what program are you using at the moment? I'd be interested to hear what you think is missing from Aworka. I thought it covered most of what I need, but I'm interested to see if there are other things I can automate that I haven't considered (I'm lazy like that!)

johnwillan

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 10:32:37 pm »
Hi Wayne

Applications such a Service CEO can provide additional features such as contact mangement, assett management, detailed reporting and such like it.

However I find they also bring unwelcome complexity and and of course additional cost.

What I like about Aworka is it's simplicity, it's easy to understand, has a nice
graphical interface and at this point in time does exactly what I need.

johnwillan

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 10:38:47 pm »
Hi Slumpbuster

You stated that "it would be a backward step (to use Aworka) when we already own more sophisticated programmes"

I would be interested to hear what they are...

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 12:47:19 am »
Is this for real,  seems awfully staged ?

Haven't we been here before

Wayne Fowler

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 09:16:46 am »
Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned the particular online service I'm trying. My original query was really about the pros and cons of online vs a software package. Looks like it doesn't really matter, people are more concerned with features.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 09:25:36 am »
Is this for real,  seems awfully staged ?

Haven't we been here before

I agree David it does appear staged, but does it matter as long as we get to hear about new equipment or something of benifit,
Its for the good of us all.
I suppose I would test the water to see what the reaction is before jumping in head first too.

If people show an interest I guess advertising would be the next step.

I think people worry about the forum police  ;D

erithwc

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 09:53:21 am »
their are loads of people on here that depend on fancy software & flash tools that all cost money
you don't need them plus alot of suppliers that supply the software and tools take the pee with their prices and take us for idots.

I think that we are making our overheads bigger than they need to be i am quite happy with my spreadsheets and work cards.

if you did go with an internet program i would always have a backup hard printed copy of your customer files just incase your info is deleted or if your internet goes down.

about a year ago i had no eletric for about a week due to a edf eletric power cut so if you dont have a back up you will be in trouble.

wightsurf

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »
it's easy to backup , send yourself a email with backup attached  ;)
You can access it anywhere that has internet .If you are that worried send it to a few email accounts, they can't all go down lol

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
Had a look at the program , I am quite impressed with the screen shots

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »
I don't mind the plant aspect Dave, as stated does it matter? And how else are we going to hear about  this unless some guy comes on here and asks and another gives great reports? Ever since Mickey Rooney shouted hey guys lets put on a show as a child actor i've always loved it when people ham it up.

Features in a programme?

I can enter details name address, any frequency any price.

I can group details into rounds.

I can print works sheets for defined dates for selected rounds.

I can search jobs for debt reconcilliation

I can run reports, print invoices, maintain jobs.

I can enter expenses and add expense catergoriies.

I can back up to a stick etc.

I can work offline.

Now show me what you've got.