This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cozy

Re: Do we need professional order in this job.
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:22 pm »
Yes Do we need professional order in this job

Not

Do we need to be professional in this job

Ah! See what you mean, alright alright. ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:56 pm »
All of it mate. I know what you mean about guys in football tops and old cars, but all you can do is carry on as a pro.
 It will take time, but you can't speed it up mate. It's not just what they wear, it's cavemen fighting over custies. People using dodgey kit and ripping custies off. Just watch where YOU are going and don't worry about the rest mate.

I quoted a customer £24 for a twelve weekly clean over the weekend.  Got there to do it today and he said a guy had knocked on Sunday and offered to do it for a tenner but he looked like he'd come once and never again so the customer was sticking with me.

If you're professional and reliable you'll build up a group of customers who relish your service for those aspects.  Ignore the scruffs; their day is coming to an end as long as you keep your professionalism come what may.

Vin

formb

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 07:30:53 pm »
All of it mate. I know what you mean about guys in football tops and old cars, but all you can do is carry on as a pro.
 It will take time, but you can't speed it up mate. It's not just what they wear, it's cavemen fighting over custies. People using dodgey kit and ripping custies off. Just watch where YOU are going and don't worry about the rest mate.

I quoted a customer £24 for a twelve weekly clean over the weekend.  Got there to do it today and he said a guy had knocked on Sunday and offered to do it for a tenner but he looked like he'd come once and never again so the customer was sticking with me.

If you're professional and reliable you'll build up a group of customers who relish your service for those aspects.  Ignore the scruffs; their day is coming to an end as long as you keep your professionalism come what may.

Vin

Let's hope so!

G Griffin

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:26 pm »
i agree cozy,  it is like to day  was out and car pulls up with a wc  in   and all his wfp stuff,  jeans on and a coat, he was in  a  old astra car,  how this can be professional i do not know,

but it is what u class as professional,  is it just doing a good job,  or looking the part and the over all image

Jeans and a coat! Old Astra!
For the love of God; hanging`s too good for them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 07:58:02 pm »
i agree cozy,  it is like to day  was out and car pulls up with a wc  in   and all his wfp stuff,  jeans on and a coat, he was in  a  old astra car,  how this can be professional i do not know,

but it is what u class as professional,  is it just doing a good job,  or looking the part and the over all image

Jeans and a coat! Old Astra!
For the love of God; hanging`s too good for them.

finally some one agrees with me ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 08:09:53 pm »
If you're smart, reliable, regular and build up a good reputation from quality work then who cares if everyone else are slobs who have no pride or motivation. It goes in your favour as you'll outshine the competition. :)

G Griffin

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 08:17:41 pm »
Of course I agree, you need to look professional.
I wear a bespoke suit, drive a brand new van with an Ionics Thermopure system installed and only use the best equipment  ;)
But I can`t clean windows to save my life and I`m a complete tosser but that doesn`t matter  8).
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:09 pm »
 Wrote this thread to provoke some thought on this matter of professionally order. The thing that some many PRESUMED WHAT PROFESSIONAL ORDER WAS From this misinformed understanding the debate went forth.
What has pleased me most that after some time so many started to get to the point and meaning of professional order?
It’s the way all professionals respond to situations. It’s a unison response to a problem that will get the situational to a point were the public respond to us as window cleaners in a positive matter. If the ones who are professional all doing the same think to uplift the image of our industry. So that the customers see for them selves there is a difference between the good ones and the badies in our industry. The customer will react to support the better in the industry.
This can take time but if we work together it will come alot faster.But we all work againsed each other it will never happen.
.Your thoughts on this statement guys?

G Griffin

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 11:53:30 pm »
I want to be a baddy  >:(
I`m going to work tomorrow in my car,wearing jeans......maybe a baseball cap.....shouting "get stuffed Mrs" to customers who ask why I`ve missed windows.....and am going to ruin the industry.......and there`s nothing you can do.

Ps. can anyone lend me a baseball cap?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

formb

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2010, 09:37:27 am »
Wrote this thread to provoke some thought on this matter of professionally order. The thing that some many PRESUMED WHAT PROFESSIONAL ORDER WAS From this misinformed understanding the debate went forth.
What has pleased me most that after some time so many started to get to the point and meaning of professional order?
It’s the way all professionals respond to situations. It’s a unison response to a problem that will get the situational to a point were the public respond to us as window cleaners in a positive matter. If the ones who are professional all doing the same think to uplift the image of our industry. So that the customers see for them selves there is a difference between the good ones and the badies in our industry. The customer will react to support the better in the industry.
This can take time but if we work together it will come alot faster.But we all work againsed each other it will never happen.
.Your thoughts on this statement guys?

National licence anyone?

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2010, 04:30:40 pm »
no one to inforce h+s law, who will inforce liences.

formb

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:27 am »

Enforcement would be helpful but I think that awareness is far more important.

If the public were made aware that there are 2 different levels which window cleaning businesses operate i.e. professional licensed window cleaners and guys who drive around holding their ladder through the sun roof, then they can make an informed decision on who they invite to have access to their property while they are at work.

I don't believe that this is a problem that is exclusive to window cleaning, any trade is open to idiots who claim to be professional and are clearly not. The difference is that most other trades have an established guild or licence scheme so the public can, check that their plumber/joiner/slater/builder is a member or choose to ignore if they so wish. 

These trades have a professional order we do not.   

formb

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2010, 12:45:55 pm »
I think we already have professional order (What is that?) the problem is there are far too many who operate in this trade illegally or without professionalism (What is that?) it far outweighs the elite aspect of window cleaning you lot represent.

The FWC does have a membership number that limits its clout (Who’s to blame?) (No really who’s to blame!), those illegally working just won’t join.

RE

Enforcement would be helpful but I think that awareness is far more important.

If the public were made aware that there are 2 different levels which window cleaning businesses operate i.e. professional licensed window cleaners and guys who drive around holding their ladder through the sun roof, then they can make an informed decision on who they invite to have access to their property while they are at work.

I don't believe that this is a problem that is exclusive to window cleaning, any trade is open to idiots who claim to be professional and are clearly not. The difference is that most other trades have an established guild or licence scheme so the public can, check that their plumber/joiner/slater/builder is a member or choose to ignore if they so wish. 

These trades have a professional order we do not.   

clearlyclean

« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 12:56:16 pm »
If any potential customer wants to check my professionalism,I have a list of references they can speak to look at houses I clean check me out on the internet.If your professional then you will be recommended without belonging to a professional order.