This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blast Away

Re: Fire damage - help
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 11:33:46 am »
Don't forget the thickness of that board will be covering the soot.  ;)

Richy L

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 12:57:58 pm »
yeah, I think they are going to wait until the new PVC is put in place, then ask me to remove the soot.

Denise l

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:02 pm »
It wont show thru if you get it all off but if its on white pvc the yellow staining wont be removable. The insurance company will have to pay for new windows. Had a job just the same years ago, quite gruesome as I did theinside as well. Chaps outline was still on the bed!Arson attack thru the letterbox. make sure you do a full report for the insurance company logging, date, time etc

trevor perry

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
soot is mainly a grease so if you pre spray with a good de greaser and then powerwash the brickwork it will come clean, if any areas are burnt and the degreaser doesnt work then this is probably carbon an acid brick cleaner will move this, as for the plastic frames again use a degreaser agitate with a soft brush and then rinse using  low pressure so as not to damage window seals, any frames where this doesnt remove all stains then a mild abrasive can be tried but if this doesnt work they will need replacing.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

sam1975

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 09:02:11 pm »
Your obviously a man of science (we all are) get a jet washer and a snorkle lift  i would quote to  cover three days of cleaning, do a deal on the hire (heaps around at the moment) experiment and use your cleaning knowledge,,,or run ultrapac through the machine on a high heat,,, da da  oh and  call your insurance comp for your house and find out how much they will alllow for fire clean up,,,we charge insurance comps £70/person/hour

caryrobert

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 10:40:46 am »
Hi,

For cleaning of windows and other things you need a good restoration company that are expert in this work.There are many restoration companies which provide fire and water damage restoration but before taking service take reference from other people.

Thanks!

Fire Damage Clean