Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

Fortunately I dont have too many slow payers (only a small round at moment)  but definately starting to creep up a wee bit.

Have in past let them go to 3 cleans before putting them on stop.

With all the doom and gloom at the moment thinking of changing policy to 1 clean non payment = no more cleans till paid up.

Also helps the customer who have a higher charge e.g. 3 cleans of £15 = £45 .... its a lot of money to find for them and perhaps gets them realising that 12 months of £15 is a lot of money.

Like I say I only got a smallish round but thinking of you lads with a bigger round.

martinsadie

Re: How many cleans policy with non payers - time to review maybe ??
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 08:01:42 pm »
i clean is a bit harsh,2 is probley better

Sean Dyer

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 08:03:25 pm »
depends what kind of customer they are, some of mine id stop after 1, others i would happily leave a few times, if your not sure then 1-2 is best if its small amounts maybe 3

Ian101

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 08:04:22 pm »
could come across as harsh if not done proper thinking more along the lines of if the cheque not sent rather than leave it for a month  perhaps go knocking for payment a few days before next clean is due ... all nice and smiles etc ... perhaps even collect next payment too .... too time consuming perhaps ?

Matthew JN

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:13:16 pm »
I too have this problem with some 8 weekly customers.   On that schedule 2 cleans MAX, and double bill on 2nd clean. Teaches them a lesson somewhat.

I have also added £5 once for 2 x failed collection attempts, and the customer paid up and apologised. But i wouldn't do that again.

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 08:19:53 pm »
every custy is different, i have walked away from one cutys after 1 clean as get a bad feeling about them, but others, i have let go to 3 cleans,  but now i am 2 cleans then stopped till payed,  but am dumping more than usual and knocking more to replace them,  i have also dropped my 8 weekers that didnt want to move to 6 weekers  which is all i am doing now, 

prestige cleaners

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 08:22:56 pm »
1 clean for me, being ripped off once is bad enough, but to bend over and leave them do it twice? i dont think so!

weetot

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 08:24:04 pm »
I chuck them after 3 cleans, and don't go back til' they pay up. >:(
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

lee09

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 08:42:29 pm »
Ian,
I cant believe you let them go 3 cleans. Do you think that your customers value you? Or do you any service that you do not or cant be bothered to pay for until your chased.
If your business was established you may choose to carry these debts but you are new and too nice!
Shape up a bit and get them to pay on the in cash or cheque or within the week via credit transfer.
Just keep building and state your payment terms. You are not asking for anything but what your owed.
Lee

weetot

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 09:15:45 pm »
Appreciate the comments, but thats just the way I run my business, I used to care, but I don't care as much now as I used to.

When you,ve cleaned windows 27 years you'll sharp get sick of them, they know they only want you, so they do eventually get back in touch!

weetot

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 09:17:22 pm »
Oh just re-read, the post, that was meant for Ian. Apologies. ;D

weetot

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 09:17:57 pm »
 ;D

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:43 pm »
christ i dont know how some of you guys keep your custys . some of mine go a year without paying  6 months is nothing. if i dropped everyone after 2 missed payments . i would now have no customers .

weetot

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 09:40:03 pm »
Are the non payers, monthly clean, or 2 weekly clean custys Barry?

bobby p

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 09:52:01 pm »
when i finish a clean on my slip i write the day when im returning,(usually 1 or 2 days max ahead)so ask them to leave the money under doormat/pot.     if they keep forgetting to do that then they are rubbish and best dropped .  i find the act of lifting up a scabby doormat to find no money underneath makes the decision to drop easier 

letting 3 or 4 cleans go unpaid leaves a very sour taste in my mouth and then you get the customer saying, "im sure its only 2 times " and theyre  trying to see if i am dense . 

weetot

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 09:56:09 pm »
when i finish a clean on my slip i write the day when im returning,(usually 1 or 2 days max ahead)so ask them to leave the money under doormat/pot.     if they keep forgetting to do that then they are rubbish and best dropped .  i find the act of lifting up a scabby doormat to find no money underneath makes the decision to drop easier 

Very wise my friend, plenty more fish in the soapy sea.   ;)

bobplum

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 10:31:12 pm »
your running a business     not a charity
ive never gone thru the checkout at tescos and said"ill pay next week"
luv yer man :-*

prestige cleaners

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 10:42:39 pm »
christ i dont know how some of you guys keep your custys . some of mine go a year without paying  6 months is nothing. if i dropped everyone after 2 missed payments . i would now have no customers .

barry are you for real? do you take out a loan to cover your cash flow or what?

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 11:08:25 pm »
2 cleans then no more until payment.simple!that way your custy hasnt got too much of a big bill and if they dont pay up you ve not lost much!i very rarely get badpayers these days but thats cos im cheap compared to some of you guys  on here! ;) ;D ;D ;D

all sae i leave are usually paid within 2 weeks unless they go on holiday.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

geefree

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 11:13:25 pm »
I text them if they are more than a week late, ..... but its very rare.

and i dont drop them, cos they all pay , mostly within a week.  ;)