This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james44

Re: twitter
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 08:14:10 pm »
cozy what i was quoting to was this,

the end result perfect clean frames & windows

If the customer is a way all week and dont come home to weekend they will not allways be able to see clean windows and frames, due to the winter weather, and some will act on this and you end up with a can you come back in spring!

cozy

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 08:17:04 pm »
Sounds like you need to put your custies on weekly cleans mate. You'll make a fortune where you live. Takes about 4 to 5 weeks here to get dirty enough to make a custy want them cleaned. Wish I had custies near you.

james44

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 08:20:18 pm »
cozy its not me but erith,

cozy

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2010, 08:24:13 pm »

Erith you just dont get it!

What i am saying is if you clean their windows on a mon and by wed the wind and rain batter the windows for the next few days,

By the weekend when they come home it will look as though they have not been cleaned, how long do you then expect them to still pay you to clean their windows?
As i said slowly but surerly they will realise they are paying for a service that has no benefit to them.

This is what I'm answering.

mci services

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2010, 08:29:18 pm »
its like Chinese whispers on here ::) ;D cozy, erith, james start another post :D

unless you are talking about social networking ;)

james44

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2010, 08:29:44 pm »
are away from home all week work long hours but still want their houses looking good for when they have friends around at the weekend.

You cant guarantee they will be looking good at the weekend is what i am saying not with the winters we have in britain,

cozy

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 08:32:46 pm »
Sorry Stu, James has given me an idea now. After a week, I'm going back to some custies and show them how dirty the windows have become. Then I'll suggest they go onto weekly cleans from now on.

Anyway, Facebook is great  ;D ;D ;D

erithwc

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2010, 08:40:55 pm »
stu mac give it ago and see i won't cost you anything

james44 - some of my customers work all week but they see their clean windows when they get home from work and i haven't had any problems yet

the end result perfect clean frames & windows

Erith you just dont get it!

What i am saying is if you clean their windows on a mon and by wed the wind and rain batter the windows for the next few days,

By the weekend when they come home it will look as though they have not been cleaned, how long do you then expect them to still pay you to clean their windows?
As i said slowly but surerly they will realise they are paying for a service that has no benefit to them.
Anyway. I'm not a facebook type of person. A custy of ours suggested we open a page and advertise on local pages from clubs etc etc. So she created our page and we soon learned how to advertise and what to post and what NOT to post. We use it for the carpet cleaning side of our biz, and it pulls about 500 to 1000 quids worth of work for us a month.

not bad £500 - £1000  per month for free can't be bad

mci services

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2010, 08:43:14 pm »
Its ok cozy its funny reading :D I think face book is ideal for you in Germany doing the patches, It was the guy doing twitter that looked pointless.

But I suppose I should stick a facebook link on my website to get a bit interest

Erith I have a facebook page for my business but the only people that see it are my friends and I don't clean their windows as most of live miles away from me

cozy

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2010, 08:47:23 pm »
Stu, Twitter is for carpenters and uphill gardeners mate. Facebook page is only good if you advertise it on other pages, like the local fishing club site. Or you could post an ad on local club pages etc. People don't look for us on FB, you have to post on other pages.

But like I said, Twitter is for shirtlifters.- ;D Facebook rules. :D

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2010, 05:25:39 am »
i have facebook and twitter and think they are a great tool i dont have many followers yet but the way i look at it is the yonger customers use facebook and twitter so if you have about 50% of your customers following you on facebook or twitter you can then use it as a advertising tool to tell people about special offers ect  ;D
good post this is.

I am shocked how small minded some are about new tools available for free, Twitter if used correctly can make any company money, did I mention its free  :-X

Things are changing online, think back 5 years, only a small number of us had websites now most do, thats just one example.

someone put on here about everything google and not face book, this may have been the case a while ago but facebook is taking over a massive market share I have been looking into it, this is a lot to do with the google slap. I only used to work directly on google to get highest rankings, this is changing I would look into it.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2010, 11:23:58 pm »
Hello All,

Obviously everyone on here is new to things like Twitter and Facebook.

The whole idea with it is to promote what you do in your business.  That is where I went wrong at first until a web designer friend of mine told me different.

Basically, what he was telling me is, no one, even your customers want to know what you are doing every minute of the day.  What you should be doing however is put pictures of quality jobs into your tweet like for example if you do a job like uPVC restoring or a good quality conservatory roof clean for instance.

Or what about some new qualification to do with window cleaning that shows you are more professional!  These are the sort of things you should be doing to promote your business.

Regards.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 03:37:56 pm »
i joined facebook,this forum and a few other forums and the help and advice have been good for business but im getting bored with the internet and this forum.ive spent far too many hours on ere the past year!!

its time to spend more time with family and friends and get in the REAL WORLD!i for one will NOT be joining twitter or any other online stuff.im closing down the facebook nonsense and limiting my time spent on here!!

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:16 pm »
Can't do any harm to use Twitter and FB. And as many others as you can.
The more the better. Flood the net, it can only help get you known!

mci services

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 09:49:28 pm »
ok I am asking the wrong questions, it is not should I use facebook/twitter but how to use it effectively? if that makes sense, cozy has gave a few examples that are helpful, as did mr bungalow, anyone else got ideas

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2010, 10:52:17 pm »
Hello All,

Obviously everyone on here is new to things like Twitter and Facebook.

The whole idea with it is to promote what you do in your business.  That is where I went wrong at first until a web designer friend of mine told me different.

Basically, what he was telling me is, no one, even your customers want to know what you are doing every minute of the day.  What you should be doing however is put pictures of quality jobs into your tweet like for example if you do a job like uPVC restoring or a good quality conservatory roof clean for instance.

Or what about some new qualification to do with window cleaning that shows you are more professional!  These are the sort of things you should be doing to promote your business.

Regards.

Does that include telling people you are off to bed,how you went body boarding and watching the last episode of csi.... ;D

For Dan,

You should read fully what I have said Dan.

Look at where I have underlined the sentence in the quote.

Regards.

ronnie paton

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2010, 08:26:57 am »
i would like to also know how to use it to my businesses advantage, iv created a business page on facebook but how do people become members?

cozy

« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2010, 09:08:15 am »
The way to get people to join as members is to advertize your page on other Facebook pages. Short introduction, what you do, who you are etc etc. If you want any help Ronnie, e-mail me, and I'll help you get started.

james44

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2010, 12:38:58 pm »
Here`s how to do it, i got this from another site and it works!

There are groups on Facebook called "buy and sell in...(insert town or city)"

Just "like" the page or group first and then post a short ad on the wall with a link to your website two or three times a week. Brings in a few jobs and costs nowt

type in your own town or other areas you want to look for work in, join the groups or hit the like button and post your ad and your web address i did this monday and have 4 jobs already keep updating on the sites and have pics of any work on your site you have done!

As the above says go on these site 2/3 time a week to keep your add up near the top of postings.

ps It really does work!

cozy

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2010, 01:48:24 pm »
Hit the nail on the head there. The only thingto remember is, open a group, not a page. So when people land on there, they can become members .