This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gewindows

Re: What to charge
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:05 am »
£87 on a commercial and theyre questioning it?

I find that odd. Seems a very reasonable price from what youve described, in fact Id suggest it was under priced rather than over priced.

gavin pedley

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 08:38:00 am »
Thanks for all the replies. I feel the price I set is about right I think commercial just don't want to pay much these days, but hey if they get a much cheaper quote then no loss they pay peanuts they got monkey's.

supernova77

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 09:43:36 am »
Ok quick update

so i went and quoted it had around 60 windows plus the slated sun shades above top and bottom windows which they also wanted done and two shelter type things.

Anyway i quoted £87 i felt this was a fair price a they wanted all of it done and window frames and doors etc.

She called me today "Hello my manager has asked me to ask if this is your best price and what makes it so expensive"?

Me: urm yes that is my best price, the slated sun shades will take some time and will take a few hours.

Any way she said she had to get another quote and may get back to me.

I am sure i have not massively over charged are they just looking for something for nothing?

I would have just said that my quote takes into consideration not just time taken but also costs such as insurance and equipment.

Also... I would have quoted more than £87.

Andy

Wc Solutions

« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2010, 12:35:25 pm »
£87 on a commercial and theyre questioning it?

I find that odd. Seems a very reasonable price from what youve described, in fact Id suggest it was under priced rather than over priced.

id second the above, id would have prob gone over that price!! at v v v v least i would of said £100.

end of the day just because another wc may charge less doesnt mean he/she will do a better job.

some will work to price and do a rush job on a low price...

stick with your prices!!! only you know what you want to earn/charge and fair play to you mate

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 06:37:35 pm »
That's okay so long as he's actually picking up work. Sitting at home thinking to himself, " I have my minimum / fair price and will not go below that", is not going to pay his bills!!

£100+ for 2 hours work ???

On commercial ???

I'd get the work as I'd be a bit cheaper than you; not silly, but still a bit cheaper as once the first clean has been done it'd be a lot quicker :)
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Daniel12

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 09:38:09 am »
your price is reasonable maybe you could come down a bit if you think they will be goo custs but i would actually charge more and i do win work but it does depend on where you live.  theres nothing worse than doing a job cheap because you'll end up hating it so charge what you personally want to earn per hour i cant see it taking more than 2 hours