Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james roffey

Dog odour
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:47:44 pm »
Went to look at a lounge hall stairs and landing today a real filthy minger with bad dog smell which eminates from a big boxer dog, the carpets arecheap manmade foam back, very cheap and nasty.

Nice lady though wants the carpet cleaned because her new grandson is starting to crawl was thinking about hitting it with powerburst then rinse with f and f rinse to neutralise it to make it safe for the toddler.

I was thinking of using clensan in the tank too to help with the odour but this was really bad so any other advice, her priority is getting the smell out so not sure adding to the tank will do it.

Also i used these same chemicals the other week on a really dirty wool carpet, and decided to check the ph after extraction it came up at 4  ???which surprised me as i thought the ph of powerburst and ph of f and f rinse would bring it back to neutral 7.5

clinton

Re: Dog odour
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:20:02 pm »
If you get stuck james she might be better getting a new one,just a thought...

james roffey

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 07:47:31 pm »
I did tell her how much it would cost to replace i am charging £80 lounge/stairs/landing told her carpet would probaly cost £200/ 300 to replace thinking she may change her mind she is a friend of a friend and i think i was expected to discount but it is so bad that i know it will take a while to do. she was happy with the price though and it is booked for next week.

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:57:23 pm »
Try M-Power/Nemesis for the odur, and you know it cleans as well.

james roffey

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 08:06:35 pm »
 Nemesis/M power v Powerburst on a real minger.

Will take a leap of faith i am curious but think it needs something to boost the nemesis
I have some Cleansmart Microsplitter how about using it after i have applied the Nemesis.

michael wadsworth

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 08:21:53 pm »
James, I recently cleaned two carpets for  an elderly gent who sleeps downstairs and uses both carpets as toilets(The house smelled like a gents toilet), one of them also having solid black areas near the kitchen and his arm chair. I hit them both with M power at 120 to 1 and agitated with a scrubba deluxe. I used plenty of pre spray and did them both twice then I went outside to the van to start setting up my equipment, as I walked back indoors I noticed the smell- it had completely gone. I extracted both carpets, smell gone, black top gone, carpets beautiful and smelling fresh, and I was going to use an odour remover after cleaning but it was not needed. Try it. Mike
All it takes for evil to flourish is that good men do nothing.

Joe H

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 08:25:44 pm »
Prespray should be hot.
Envirodri
Shortly before extracting spray the microsplitter, but would prefer to use Solutions Heavy Duty, or Soluboost.
As previous post Michael said, may have to do bad areas twice.
Like Michael, I too have good success to get rid of odour and the dirt.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 08:36:36 pm »
James,
You could consider pre-spraying Cleansan and then agitate it and leave it there for a while and then clean as normal. you've got to make sure you don't make promises that may not be kept. Doing your best is all you can do.

Simon

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:33 pm »
Hit them high PH to eliminate the bacteria that thrive on the grease from the dogs coat.
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 10:42:13 pm »
I'd go for an enzyme to break down the protein strain that sticks to the fibres Clensan could be added to this, apply HOT agitate and 10 min dwell then HWE, if need be you could post spray Nemesis or Mpower, Joe likes Solutions products but I can't find one company that sells the best of everything so I would go for Chemspec Enzall, Cleansan is from Prochem, the PH of the carpet I would suspect will be very very low so you could end up with a ph neutral afterwards but you are doing a restoration clean!!

Definately would turbo dry as you may be doing lots of passes.

Shaun

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 10:46:05 pm »
nothing wrong with using nemisis (7ml per litre) as a booster mixed with split x premium. Same with M-power.

james roffey

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 11:27:34 pm »
Must admit to being intrigued by Michael and Joes suggestions think i may get some HD from solutions and also post bonnet to finish, i just fancy trying a different approach to a high ph and rinse to see the results

Thanks for all the feedback  :)

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 09:33:48 am »
....... if need be you could post spray Nemesis or Mpower, Joe likes Solutions products but I can't find one company that sells the best of everything........

Shaun 

Yes, Shaun I do like some Solutions products, also some Prochem, some Chemspec, some Craftex etc, and I buy most of my fluids from Restormate.
At the moment I use mostly Nemesis because it works (as does M-Power)
The more I read of other c/c success using Nemesis/M-Power in different situations, the more I try to emulate and equal their success.
I have had good results on doggy lying areas and the subsequent dog smell.
I know James is trying to go with more friendly cleaning fluids, so will encourage him and others the best way I can.

james roffey

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 12:00:33 pm »
Joe i wish my motives were that pure its a good selling point but if you can get a good result using Nemesis/M Power its a far easier product than say Powerburst high Alkaline, then neutralsing with f and f rinse which is expensive.

Its not so reliant on heat, its cheap, its eco friendly it ticks all the boxes i am still unconvinced about the abilities not because i have had bad results with it but when you see that filthy carpet its a habit to just get the Powerburst out, but i am going to give it a try on this one see how it goes.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 05:11:00 pm »
I regularly use Mpower on vomit and urine smells with great success. The trick is to make sure it makes contact with the source of the odour with a minimum of 20 minutes dwell time.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 05:19:42 pm »
For dog body odours, you could try mixing a booster like Chemspec energiser with your main detergent prespray.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 06:20:35 pm »
Or you could just get some Onslaught from Steamway in the states. It beats everything we have here hands down. Sorry to preach but this stuff is awesome.

It works by changing the molecular density thereby neutrailising the protein itself which means you are not tackling the smell but the life of the protein causing it.

Pete

derek west

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 06:32:09 pm »
just to clarify, you can't mix clensan with powerburst.

my way would be the same as the major, clensan down, leave for 20 mins the clean as normal.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 06:44:47 pm »
What d & major said when i clean the nursing homes

PROCHEM NEUTRA SOFT IS WORTH A SHOUT.
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »
Enz-all for me. Would have nemsis odour neutralizer handy but doubt i'd need it.

John Foley

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 04:05:01 pm »
Or you could just get some Onslaught from Steamway in the states. It beats everything we have here hands down. Sorry to preach but this stuff is awesome.

It works by changing the molecular density thereby neutrailising the protein itself which means you are not tackling the smell but the life of the protein causing it.

Pete
Hi Pete
I was wondering how you get hold of Onslaught?
Many thanks