Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

Re: driveways
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2004, 12:55:18 pm »
Hi John / Rob

We've got details and prices of all this equipment (including the pressure washers, Whirlaway, extension lances, belt kits, etc) in our catalogue if you'd like a copy :)

Regards

Mike

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2004, 08:51:27 pm »
;D..What a great subject......What a load of replies.....

The one about no hot water or chemicals is a cracker.....

Get the biggest most powerful machine you can and blast it all to kingdom come....Brilliant....

What about the damage then???

Hot water and chemicals clean better and quicker....Simple as that really.....

Work smart not hard....

denzle

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2004, 11:06:05 pm »
Wreelyclean,
Does your hotwater machine and chemicals remove oil stains completly, I don't mean just a bit of surface oil or BBQ fat, i mean the car that has been leaking oil for the past couple of years all over a block paved drive and has been absorbed to about 1/2" to 1" into the pavers themselves.
Denzle

denzle

« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 11:21:59 pm »
Oooops that should have read Hotwater Machine,
Half a bottle of red and the spelling does to rachet.
Denzle

denzle

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2004, 11:24:10 pm »
Why wont this forum accept the word Hot Water joined together ? It wasn't me spelling my worms wrong after all  ;D

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2004, 09:24:13 pm »
:o :o..No my machine and chemicals will never completely remove all oils..especially the soaked in for ages type......anyone who says that it will has a magic formula as far as I`m concerned.....I tell them straight if it looks a bit iffy.....it may be better to replace the few badly stained blocks....and here`s the number of my mate who is a mechanic to fix your car....don`t forget the finders fee from your mate though ;D ;D

BLADE

Re: Tips for starting driveways / patio cleaning
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2004, 11:21:04 pm »
hi john,

wow

what a response !!!!

i myself am just starting up a pressure washing buisness
i have a karcher machine hot/cold and found that i shouldnt need to use chemical as it has enough power to move most things!!

i've just put my ad in the local paper and i HOPE i get some response from it,im really want big contracts like mcdonalds and car forcourts and with any luck i might just land one!!

i've been told that roofs are a good earner as well,any tips yourself or others have i'd be most interested!!

thanks
    blade
:) :) :) :) :) :)

johnstanley

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2004, 05:02:22 pm »
hi blade
you dont need chemicals but for what thay cost it makes it a lot easyer and faster ;)
which karcher is it ? and how do you find it

Tony_Browning

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2004, 05:36:11 pm »
Denzle....hoT WATer....d'ya see   ;D
Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire.
"A Local Company with a Passion for Exceeding Expectations"

BLADE

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2004, 05:48:28 pm »
hi
 john,

the karcher im using is a hds 745 model!!

i find it very easy to use and very powerful as well
the water heats up pretty quickly to!!

so far ive only used it on my mates drives and patio's,just for practice really not had any paying jobs yet :'(
out of interest how do you price your jobs up,ie per sq metre or just by the how the job looks and how much time it would take you???

johnstanley

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2004, 07:29:34 pm »
hi blade
i price per sqr m with a starting price so if you go to a small job your not doing it for nothing
have you had anything to do with rotary washers yet?
where abouts are you based?
have you used any chemicals yet?if so wot dose it price up at?

BLADE

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2004, 07:28:44 pm »
hi john

i've sent you a pm!!

no i've not used one of the rotary washers yet but they look really good and seem to do a big area at once which will cut the time of a job in halve,i think there are about £500-600 each,so once i've got some money together i might invest in one of these!!!

cheers
 blade

Les

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2004, 07:52:09 pm »
Just a tip from my own experience.
When going to look at the job, check the water pressure from the tap you are going to use. Some are so weak you could pee faster,(if you were a horse) and it may affect the water pressure that your machine can produce... no water in..no water out  :) ;)

RT cleaning

« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2006, 10:27:00 pm »
John,
In my humble oppinion you would be better off getting a petrol engined unit ( 11hp Honda or Briggs and Stratton ) with a power output of 200bar. This will clean anything and will last you forever. Treat yourself to a Turbo lance and there will definately be nothing that you won't be able to get clean.
If you want to ask any questions on how to do certain things / Tips etc let me know what you need and i'll do my best to answer them.
Hope this helps
Denzle
i also am just starting and would be interested to know which f.s.c. you use. for instance, why does a whirlaway cost so much more than a gerni?---am i missing something here?------thanks, roger.

trevor perry

« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 02:40:17 pm »
i have been pricing at about apound a square metre and finding that i get the work at this price,  if i go any higher then i find i am not getting the job what are others charging.
    the machine i use is trailer mounted with a 1000 litre tank that lasts for over an hour when full the machine is diesel run and heats the water to 150 degrees at 21 litres a minute so using a fsc i can fly through the work. the main advantage of hot water is when you come to remove either chewing gum and graffiti .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Kleen Machine

« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 04:06:19 pm »
www.merrillfoxenterprises.com

My site originates from the US, and I have many customers in the UK that purchase pressure cleaners, Whirl-a-ways,Long wands,and turbo nozzles, etc.

I give delivered prices to the nearest international airport that services your area. ( You have to pay additionally your taxes and clearing of customs )  I have received many  compliments on the quality, and am told that I have saved them money.

I am available to help select equipment packages and I am available to help with technical  questions.

Let me know if I can be of help to anyone.

Happy Hollidays,

Merrill Fox
fox@merrillfoxenterprises.com

Majestic

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 06:03:17 pm »
I have bought things from Merrill and the service you get is first class.
I have had things deliverd quicker from America than from 50 miles away from me .

Davew

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2006, 09:39:05 am »
What a coincedence! I've been looking into this too had a look at Kranzle machinery too. Asked and got loads of advice from a local who does the whole graffiti thing but mainly house restoration (blasting off exterior paint) forget Mcdonalds they don't want to pay! Looks like I would need to use a buffer tank to feed a decent washer cos outside taps don't produce fast enough. Trouble is you will be competing with Mr DIY and  his £50 B&Q washer and I rekon I would need to spend £2000 minimum for some robust kit. Also thinking of tagging it onto window cleaning must admit damage to property could be a worry. I'll keep watching this thread with interest.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2006, 05:00:38 pm »
I would need to spend £2000 minimum for some robust kit. Also thinking of tagging it onto window cleaning must admit damage to property could be a worry. I'll keep watching this thread with interest.
Hi Dave, yes for a decent set-up you are going to spend around 2K for a Cold water machine with a decent engine and pump etc.
As for property damage, this really should not happen, as long as you do your research, practice then do the job properly.

Roger

Mike_Boxall

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2006, 06:19:28 pm »
We've supplied lots of people with equipment to start a patio cleaning business. In fact, one of our sales guys left us to start a business himself after selling so many start up packages. However, he did ok for about 12 months but then sold all his equipment and gave it in. His conclusion was that it was an ideal business to get into if you could add it to existing services (such as carpet cleaning etc) but it wasn't consistent enough to live from. I think part of his problem was also that he started in October and people arent very interested at that time of year.

I have to tell you that out of all the cleaning businesses I've seen start up recently, the ones that have done best are the ones who have bought the Concept 2o pure water window cleaning equipment. There are a number of advantages but I guess the main one is that business is repetitive and theres plenty out there. Pure water window cleaning is big business at the moment but because so many window cleaners are trying to do it on the cheap by 'building' their own systems, they're not getting the most from it.

If you're interested in more details have a look here http://www.express-cleaning-supplies.co.uk/oos/reachandwash/421025.html or give us a call.

Regards

Mike