Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wayne zabel

Yellow dog urine stains on a cream PP
« on: September 16, 2010, 08:11:41 pm »
Whats the chances of these coming out?

Theyve been in since last winter when little Fido refused to go out in the snow for a whoopsy.

Couple now moving house and want carpets looking good and clean.I told them i doubt they will come out but thought i would ask on here just in case.

Any ideas please and courses of action.

Mike Halliday

Re: Yellow dog urine stains on a cream PP
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 04:50:32 pm »
P/P is incredibly resistant to stains, they are sold as being 'bleach cleanable'.

first give it a good rinse, then i would go in with a bleach, rather than type a lot of info search 'reduser oxidisers stains' on google. on the first page is a massive amount of info ( I would put them all into the carpet cleaning  info folder in your favourites ;) )

mike

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

peter maybury

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 10:20:43 pm »
Not all polypropylene is  "chlorine bleach resistant" It began in the commercial carpets sector, made for the residential homes market but is now more widely available as a mass market product.
Polypropylene does however  have a great resistance to most oxidising agents.
Talk to the technical dept at prochem on making a oxibrite - fibre buff - fibre shampoo solution as it is difficult to go wrong with the solution at the recommended dilutions. I f you want to experiment with it further then get some soiled carpet samples and have a practice at what can be achieved at different dilution rates.
If you want to discuss any further you can contact me via my website..
Peter

www.carpetcleanercardiff.com

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 10:28:35 pm »
polyprop is hard to 'reduce' I have got rid of a pea stain with browning prescription also chlorinated bleach :o :o

Shaun