This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

Re: Cleaning insides
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 06:54:01 pm »
gavin my son was struggling to pick it up so I put him in front of window and just showed him then let him clean the same window for an hour. he just kept cleaning it and re cleaning it but after the hour he had it to a fine art. I now just need to teach him hoppers and smaller windows

Richard Neal

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »
Err Whats a hopper?
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

mci services

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2010, 07:17:26 pm »
I believe you call them openers

Richard Neal

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2010, 07:22:10 pm »
I believe you call them openers
Thanks for that! i just had an image of a space hopper! its been a long day

chris sloan

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2010, 07:23:52 pm »
i have just bought the vikan easy shine kit, just cleaned all the insides on my house came up lovely.
I was the same last week did a load of internal glass tradionally on a new contractjob and to be honest it was a bit streaky.
they about 70 quid direct but i rooted about on ebay and got one for 50 quid.
Item number: 370426740029
it comes with the mops and some top dollar microfibres.

supernova77

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2010, 09:45:58 pm »
Thanks for that! i just had an image of a space hopper! its been a long day

;)

gavin pedley

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 09:59:31 pm »
has anyone else used the vikan easy shine? I was looking at these the other week

martinsadie

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:01 pm »
window cleaners who cant clean windows what next  ???

Richard Neal

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 10:09:25 pm »
Gav mate learn to trad clean, once youve mastered it youll never forget, look on youtube theres loads on there about fanning and how to do interiors, what squeegey are you using? the first one i had was crap and set at the wrong angle, if you want to do this you will need to trad as well.

mci services

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 10:15:00 pm »
agree with richard forget about easy shine and learn to trad, and think about easyshine for high stuff in the future, but really you just need to be able to use a squeegie

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010, 10:37:44 pm »
i refuse all inside work on domestics as i cant be bothered!!much prefer spraying the outsides with water!

also i wont get accused of stealing money or jewellery!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Richard Neal

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010, 10:40:04 pm »
i refuse all inside work on domestics as i cant be bothered!!much prefer spraying the outsides with water!

also i wont get accused of stealing money or jewellery!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond

Sounds like youve had problems before!! i always make the custy come around with me if im in their house.

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010, 11:23:51 pm »
richard i knew a guy who got accused of stealing years ago.

its not that I HATE CLEANING INSIDES!!all the junk that you try and dodge and they keep you talking for ages!the sheer amount of stuff in some peoples houses is a nightmare!blinds /curtains and wfp soaks all their carpets and they start to have a good old winge cos ive ruined their carpets!some people eh?never satisfied!! ;D ;D ;D

when custies ask me i say ill clean them for double the outside price and tell em to move all stuff off the sills.

GUESS WHAT?they ve stopped asking me and they dont take me up on it either!! ;) ;D

keep the insides for newbies who dont have enough outside work!!!

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Jackal

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010, 08:22:44 am »
like has been said just need practice as much as you can,use fairy and put a little more water on window until you can squeeqee properly,dont try to rush the job else you will make mistakes,if your squeeqee starts slowing down on the window you will then get a streak,iv always found with a new squeegee rubber that it takes a few windows to brake it in if it hot aswell,try using pulex rubber soft,unger are crap

pure tech

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010, 08:38:11 pm »
Good advise, also if you are having trouble with the fanning method try a smaller channel (12" is good)
And make sure the glass is well scrubbed before you squeegee.
Also experiment with different brands of rubber, I find Ettore soft the best and most consistent so far.

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »
gav dont use to much fairy mate will leave streaks like tommorrow man water`and unger on your sleeve will do and a bit of fairey as well and stick to the side strokes and scrim the starting side strokefor the time being might be best to get some channels and cut them down to a smaller size i have a 10 inch and 6 inch channels can give me a call if you want will point u in the right diraction