Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John M Byrne

Re: Wine Away
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 10:42:52 pm »
thanks guys for the input.  All of the info on the web including the youtube vids of it being tested , is on very fresh stains . i.e.  they pour the wine on the carpet  and immediately use WineAway,  seems to be fairly successful in that instance.  Will get some and test it myself and see.

Thanks again

John

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 11:23:30 pm »
I've removed very old wine stains from 100% wool rugs and carpets with browning treatment from chemspec. After of course i turned it purple with enzall  ;D

Fresh stain on a polypropylene is one thing, old stain on a wool carpet is another....

murky

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 08:02:11 pm »
Altecs Red Wine Remover is THE stuff.

It does what it says on the label, I think its a kind of peroxide tho it doesnt say that on the label, it smells like ladies hair dressers kind of bleachy.

Made me a hero time and time again, but you must rinse it out afterwards as it keeps on working and lightens the carpet. Use with care on Chinese rugs as it can take the dye out of the fibres.

Dont smell it, it stinks like a strong kind of ammonia, something like smelling salts used to.

paul wallace

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 08:06:05 pm »
Dont you guys use an alkline rinse, then use white viniger and then flush out again i find it takes most red wine stains out, if not then i use something stronger

Regards Oliver Collins Rise & Shine Cleaning  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I find this works very well and is a safe starter.
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

paul wallace

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 08:07:03 pm »
PS, Plus it's less than £1 a bottle  :o
Just trying to do a Good-Honest job and make money!

Stu.Clem

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 11:34:25 pm »
Cheers Oliver!!  its not wot u got but how you use it?!? LOL

and nice1 JK, perhaps I have helped that tally a little as I cant help but sing praise to the occasional foreign enquirer who stumbles across my site!!!!! lol

onwards n upwards!    am currently inventing a prowler mod that could further promote Amtex genius....  8) :P

Best wishes

Stu

sarahbelleee

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 10:02:42 am »
I've removed very old wine stains from 100% wool rugs and carpets with browning treatment from chemspec. After of course i turned it purple with enzall  ;D

Fresh stain on a polypropylene is one thing, old stain on a wool carpet is another....
Thank for sharing.

Mark Slaney

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 10:26:05 am »

Chemspec's coffee mate, half and half of hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. Excellent on wine and coffee stains. Also clears the old nostrils out.