This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tws

could this work/ be a nice earner
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »
just thinking you wfp lot if you had a quick release brush head and could fit a nozzle and carry a bit of disinfectant around in the van you could offer to clean your custies wheelybins or do you already do this  :)
waste could be an issue but there's always a way round everything is there not?. 

cozy

Re: could this work/ be a nice earner
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:30:56 pm »
Great idea mate, you could also offer to take the dog for a walk after you had mowed the lawn while you're at it.

tws

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »
Great idea mate, you could also offer to take the dog for a walk after you had mowed the lawn while you're at it.
im thinking outside the box in these hard times and i see you are as well  ;D i would,t take it for a walk but i may well wash it.

kate1

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 02:34:39 pm »
Tws

I know absolutely nothing about kit or equipment.

But, some of our clients are wheelie bin cleaners, and I believe that their vans can do upto 200 two wheeled bins, with two people, and something like 150 for one person

So not sure if it would work.

None the less good to come up with other ideas.

Im not saying it wouldnt work.......

But the W/B cleaners we have they just move like whippets

tws

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 02:37:37 pm »
Tws

I know absolutely nothing about kit or equipment.

But some of our clients are wheelie bin cleaners, and I believe that their vans can do upto 400 cleans a day.

So not sure if it would work.
no you miss the point im not talking about competing with them just picking up extra of the custies you already have.

cozy

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:40:45 pm »
Of course it would work. All you have to do is get the council's rubbish collection schedule, then follow the bin wagon around all day washing wheelie bins and cleaning windows at the same time. Build your WC round to co-incide with bin collection and waste water could be carried in buckets to be emptied later at home.

Great lttle earner.

kate1

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »
I got the figures wrong tws if you see above.

No not saying not a good idea at all.

You never know.

Yes and theres the councils schedule as well

mci services

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 02:44:03 pm »
you could only clean on bin days, you need a higher power pressure washer, you need a separate tank to catch the dirty water as you are not allowed to pour it down the drain, they are for surface water only, there is lots more reasons not to do it but at least you are thinking

tws

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 03:50:16 pm »
yes crazy idea now i think about it  ::)

Ian101

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 03:55:53 pm »
Of course it would work. All you have to do is get the council's rubbish collection schedule, then follow the bin wagon around all day washing wheelie bins and cleaning windows at the same time. Build your WC round to co-incide with bin collection and waste water could be carried in buckets to be emptied later at home.

Great lttle earner.

dont empty the waste water !!!! us tradders can use it next day on customers windows .... im allowed to say that as Im a tradder like Im a scouser so only I can take the p out of a fellow scouser without offending him .... ah ah calm down calm down ...   ;D

Wc Solutions

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 04:02:12 pm »
prob not enough money in it tho, couldnt charge alot for cleaning a bin.

never mind using wfp - whats wrong with the customers outside tap?

less and less bin cleaning companies around than a few years back.

Smart Carpet

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 04:11:15 pm »
Saw a little tag on a bin yesterday, it said from £3.50 a month, I guess that's one bin?

kate1

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 04:19:22 pm »
I may have the price wrong, but I think from as little as £2.99.

I think its a popular franchise to get into.

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 04:22:43 pm »
I pw my wheelie bin once eery ten years - and that's after leaving foul disgusting meat to rot in it until the maggots come crawling out of the bin lid and the place stinks.

I like it like that; why clean it more often that that?  Once a month?  Your havin' a laugh!

mci services

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 04:24:47 pm »
it is only 1.50 a bin up here and each household has at least two bins so you need to be in the street every week as only one bin gets emptied per week, and I can't see many house holds wanting their windows done weekly, so for that reason it is just to complicated to mix with window cleaning. Also it is another licensed trade up here so there is more money to the council

kate1

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 04:48:08 pm »
So going on with this thread.

Just wondered how your guys gear would work on caravans/camper vans.

If its high pressure washing would it effect the seals/joints etc?

mci services

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 04:51:37 pm »
So going on with this thread.

Just wondered how your guys gear would work on caravans/camper vans.

If its high pressure washing would it effect the seals/joints etc?

thats the thing kate it isn't high power washing, wfp just looks high powered because it comes out a tiny nozzle, and so would not be practicable for bins, however many guys use it on caravans etc without problem

kate1

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 04:54:35 pm »
Thanks Stu

Was just following on from tws really about other avenues etc.

See what you mean, probably looks more powerful than it is because of size of nozzle?

But I can see it coming already now with potential customers and any damaged caused.......

tws

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 05:04:41 pm »
ok first idea not to good but all you wfp what if i said you can sell your ro water for £2 per 5 gallons ? would that be of interest ? 8)

gewindows

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:38 pm »
Dont take any notice of cozy, he sleeps and washes in a wheelie bin, what dos he know?  ;D 8)