This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

what do you do when you come across a annoying customer

shout back
5.6%
3 (5.6%)
laugh at them
7.4%
4 (7.4%)
agree with them
14.8%
8 (14.8%)
let them blow off steam
33.3%
18 (33.3%)
walk away
38.9%
21 (38.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

annoying customers
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:36:52 pm »
just want to find out what peoples reaction to these people  8) poll 2

elite mike

Re: annoying customers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 05:23:02 pm »
get the money first , then annoy them ;)

paul rulton

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 08:33:33 pm »
the old me would be 1  >:(. but these days, i would have to go for 4 then 5 . sorry not sure wot one to hit LOL  ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 11:17:40 pm »
I think I'm more likely to walk away but it really does depend on circumstances.

LWC

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 09:50:31 am »
Walk away...they want an arguement and since when do we give them what they want?  ;D

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 05:06:36 pm »
had a few custies like that a few weeks ago seem to get one after another i just walk away from these situations would like to punch one or two though :D

Richard Neal

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:10:41 pm »
Worst one ive had owed me £45 for her house and £141 for some houses her husband looked after for a housing association and told me they would only pay if i could prove that i had cleanend them,
that one still burns me up.
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 06:23:12 pm »
yeh mate ya get em  8)

TonyD

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 11:05:41 pm »
Worst one ive had owed me £45 for her house and £141 for some houses her husband looked after for a housing association and told me they would only pay if i could prove that i had cleanend them,

lol, that IS one to test your patience !  Some people you just feel like kicking even though it would be a bad move.

Richard Neal

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 11:50:22 pm »
The worst bit is they live opposite me and i have to see their smug faces every day

kate1

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 06:18:44 am »
Thats bad.

Suppose only way to protect yourself from people like that in the future is to take a picture, showing times etc.  But then I suppose you cant do that for everybody.

Is there anything else you can do to prove that you did them?

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:35 am »
Thats bad.

Suppose only way to protect yourself from people like that in the future is to take a picture, showing times etc.  But then I suppose you cant do that for everybody.

Is there anything else you can do to prove that you did them?

I doubt it would make any difference.  Scum like that just won't pay anyway.

kate1

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:00:44 am »
Is the debt old?

Was it directly for the housing association?

Was the guy a maintenance manager or something?

Jack Wallace

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 08:29:08 am »
Chuck a bucket of dirty water over their car, then knock on the door and say, there is your proof, I have brought all your dirt back to show you which I took off the windows.  ;D
do the same each week till they pay  ;)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 08:31:52 am »
I would have that in small claims straight away!!!!

Rob ;D

kate1

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 08:33:31 am »
Or find somebody that does credit control and can issue a proper letter, there are a few independent people around, I know of one, I can try and get in touch with them?

Rob_Mac

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 08:35:29 am »
I was in small claims last week for an unpaid invoice and there was a chap that we got speaking to there owed £160.00.

Rob ;D

Richard Neal

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:44 am »
The house was private but the husband works for the housing association and i invoiced them direct, i thought about small claims but the only people who witnessed me cleaning the windows was the hubby as i did a block flats and his boss when i did their office and theyre denying i cleaned them,

this all started because their 12 yr old son was bouncing his ball off of my van  bonnet and when i told him to stop he gave me a load of abuse so i said run while you can you little Txxser and the mum took offence! theyre just a load of scum and my missus has told me to leave it as she doesnt want the aggro near our home

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04:32 am »
richard cant you give them a statement of account?(do you use the george program?).thats what i do when custies doubt when i last cleaned them.ive also ordered 5000 new tickets which let me fill in the date  when their not in when i clean so they know the EXACT day i did them.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Richard Neal

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 09:16:30 am »
Daz i didnt use a pc programme but they had a note through their door every time i cleaned their house and i invoiced the company now 4 times for the other work, i just know if i go to small claims that is 2 cases so 2 x £60 costs and i dont think i'll win and then ive got to live opposite them owing me even more!
Theyre slimey people who know how to get away with things weve had problems at my sons school when he was being bullied by two of their kids and in the end the teacher was defending the bullies.

Im just trying to leave it, i know i did the work and i tell all the neighbours what scum they are theyve got no freinds around here or at the schoo,l at least i can hold my head up.