This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Once you get use to the basic methods of using wfp ,

I am really suprised how quick i can now work..

From , really taking my time.... carefully cleaning  and rinsing  the top of the frame, then washing all the frame, then washing the glass..... and being scared of dirty drips.

Nowadays its a breeze..... i whip round the whole thing, know exactly where the crucial parts are.... ..know where the drips will occur.. know where to wish over quickly to prevent it...

Does anyone else notice just how quick it can be done exactly right?

with minimum effort.

all the carefuleness , and the getting it just right, without leaving any dirt has now paid off,

Now its just the speed thing and the experience we gained that makes it so worthwhile.

its so easy now.

supernova77

Re: How quick have you become with wfp.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 11:07:34 pm »
I agree Gazza... Some of the houses I do are now so quick... I always take a bit more time if the customer is in though just incase they think I've rushed!

Andy

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 11:09:46 pm »
i average 3 3 bedrooms an hour and i dont rush, 

LWC

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11:46 pm »
Nothing worse than when youve done their house in about a minute because you think theyre out and then as you go to put ticket thru the door open lol

geefree

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 11:11:58 pm »
Yes , me too ....but the end result is the same.. once you know what you are doing and you know all the areas of dirt drops.... its so easy....

I thought i was going too quick ... so i whipped over my own conservatory ... back and forth only once.... and a rinse...

and it is perfect (well wfp perfect) every time.

geefree

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:15:19 pm »
Nothing worse than when youve done their house in about a minute because you think theyre out and then as you go to put ticket thru the door open lol

i did that today.. lol,

thought  no one in and whipped over it.... dont get me wrong... i know it will be bang on, as i like to no dirt behind.....

but i was too quick... dropped a note and they opened the door...paid me....

oops.... but i thought oh what the heck.. yes i was quick, but it will be perfect and i never get any complaints.

geefree

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 11:17:04 pm »

you should easily do 4 per hour if they close  ;)

mark mann

Re: How quick have you become now you are an expert wfp cleaner?
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »
gazzap8

oh boy can i relate to this right now.....

From , really taking my time.... carefully cleaning  and rinsing  the top of the frame, then washing all the frame, then washing the glass..... and being scared of dirty drips.

im over paranoid at times i think coz a couple of houses of my first few cleans had a couple of windows that spotted - one i noticed and the second the customer noticed she was in. the thing was id scrubbed like hell - rinsed like hell - got in all the corners - rinse well over the top of the frame etc etc - so having worked that hard on them was surprised and dissapointed that there was these small spotted areas - must admit seldom notice on any now and i do go round to check how thier drying off - a 3 bed semi takes 30-40minutes but i have done one in 25 - so i am seriously lame compared to you go getters lol
an optimist takes the tartare sauce with him when he goes fishing -

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 11:55:35 pm »
im just starting 3rd cleans with wfp and im starting to speed up! ;) ;D ;Di think itll take me another 3 months to really get the hang of it!

im starting to enjoy it a bit more now esp since getting  my clx 22 footer!its really made a difference to my working day!

i could do with a few dry days now!im sick of getting wet!!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 12:01:53 am »
the problem with been quick is 90% of custy dont care as long as windows are clean,  do people complain when they take there car the cash and it is a bit quick no, as long as it is clean that is all that matter

if any questions wfp i explain a bit and then refer them to wikipedia window cleaning,  and it bigs up wfp

To use the WFP system, the window and frames are scrubbed with a wet brush to loosen dirt and then rinsed with highly purified or deionized water. Because the water is pure, it leaves no marks when it dries. Some firms have a large container of deionized or purified water in the back of their vehicle, which is pumped up the WFP to the window.

The advantage of a WFP system is that it leaves windows and trim cleaner than with a squeegee, it removes more dirt from the grooves on window frames and it reaches windows in places too dangerous to put a ladder. Also WFD systems can be used in the rain as rainfall will not re-activate any soap residue that causes white rain spots.

Some window cleaners prefer expensive "professional" solutions as opposed to dish soap. However dish soap is still the most common cleaning solution used by professionals. Dish soap can leave a film which attracts dirt and dust to the window.

geefree

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2010, 12:04:59 am »
Hi mark,

I was exactly the same, i made sure not one single drip , dropped....

i then was so careful , it was taking me half hour every clean....

i rinsed and rinsed again.

the most crucial part is the spine between the top two  small openers

The reason the dirty water always drips down from there is because we cannot wash underneath the centre of the top openers.

Now, this is what i do.... first clean, customer is in.....

i ask them to open the top two small windows and wipe the spine  with a cloth..... they always oblige....

problem gone immediately.!

you are doing things the right way mate, now you just need to speed up, but that will come naturally, and you know you have started the right way....

Having said that , i always, always do a first clean twice.

and check for drips.

Never ever leave a grill or a top frame, as it will come back later and bite you....

take your time , clean it all... get it right, and you will fly through them all.

Later !  ;)

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2010, 12:07:30 am »
a tip i have found for first cleans, is if they have a out side tap i was all there windows down with the pressure out of the tap, clears all the cobwebs and a lot of the dirt, by the time u get around and set up wfp it is pretty easy then

geefree

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:41 am »
Hi Darren,

done that before now, but by the time i have messed about i could have one window done ... but its good to do it if your set up allows very quickly.

geefree

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2010, 12:15:33 am »
Averaging 4 detached per hour and 5 semis... without a sweat...

so for me all the little training up things work.

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 12:17:21 am »
i find it ok as a lot of houses i do are out in the country and havent been done for years,  so i can take my time,  i then find that a lot of my cleans after are really easy, i havent done my hall window for about 3 months and it is only just starting to get dirty,  but every one has different ways and it is all about finding there own way

geefree

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 12:20:31 am »
Yes, thats true.... we can pick up little pieces of advice and use that... but crucially ,we all work in our own way and find the best method for ourselves.

you are right Darren.

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 12:24:33 am »
the only thing i woudl recommend to any who id wfp is to practise on there own windows before they go out, so they dont look stupid and get a tech they like

Sean Dyer

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:22:55 am »

not picking but that cant be too compact as i can do that trad?

on the other hand i worked with wfp cleaner with a trolley yesterday and noticed how fast it is on the right work , changing over very soon i know you lot say how much better it is constantly but on domestic ive had my doubts for a long time but changing over now - mainly at first for safety but now seeing the potential and less effort too !!

happy days

Nigel Lee

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 12:07:20 pm »
I was the first in my local area to go wfp, as far as I am aware at least.  Have to be honest though, I don't think I ran the business in the right manner for the first 3 or 4 years wfp.  It wasn't until the 4th year that I actually made more money than when I was trad, in terms of net profit.  I presume most of you hyper pro wfp guys never did trad?  It seems many are unaware how much a man with a ladder can earn with the right work.  I think thats the key for both methods, do the right work for the method to be most effective.

In those first few years of wfp, 30 or 40% of the work was simply no quicker, or even slower than trad.  The odd job was twice as quick.  Overall, I got round roughly 3 hours quicker per week using wfp once I was up to speed.  I never really thought about it, £75 quid a week better off, happy days I figured.  In reality it was just the tip of wfp's potential.

It kind of hit me that commercial work where was where the money was.  After 3 years of a 90% domestic round I started taking the day off fridays to canvas commercial work.  I even became a council approved contractor.  The reality was this was when wfp became worth it.

I don't think a domestic only round really benefits from wfp much, in the case of what mine was, not at all.  Those 3 hours got eaten into by the "out of hours" hassal that wfp brings.  The extra running costs also eat into the extra dough you think your making.  I lost some very well paid work on the domestic front due to the method I was using, it hurt.

From what I have read, I think this site is a bit of a wfp convention.  Probably a fair number of young guys who have never really given working off a ladder a shot, and don't know much about it.  My business is now wfp, and suited in the main, to wfp.  You know what though, the window cleaner who has done best in my local town is 1 guy with a ladder.  He told me he has averaged 62k gross profit over the last 5 years.  You see his motor and house, you would believe him.  He does work his ass off mind, 10 hour days in the summer.  There is a firm with 3 employees, the boss lives in a bog standard 3 bed semi, and is financed up to the eyeballs with his flash vans and ionics systems.  He used to work for them, and started wfp just after me.  Doesn't appear to be doing that well on face value.

There are a lot of polers round my way living in rabbit hutches, just getting by.  I don't think its about being quick, or a "busy fool".  Get the right work and keep it, thats my message.  Applies to either method.

I think the way forward in our trade in to go wfp now, all in all.  But if your not intending to get the right work, and just solidier in with a round made for ladders, I wouldn't even bother.

Sorry to go on, tell its raining here eh!  ::)

Martin ccs

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 12:09:51 pm »
yeah i agree.

takes longer to get the hose n pole set up than doing the job itself!  8)