This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ptwt

Re: Retained firefighters
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2010, 09:14:51 pm »
Within 5 minutes.

Rubbish! Not unless you are in the same street.

I don't think you would speak to like that in person so please don't do it on here.

The fact is to provide retained fire cover you have to attend the firestation within five minutes of being alerted if you don't questions will be asked.

There are a few times when it takes longer, ironically i was alerted this afternoon when i had about 60 meters of hose out and 1 small window and a door left to do on the house i at, knowing there was plenty of people on call i finished the house put a ticket through the door and packed up my equipment and was on my way(think this took about 3-4 minutes) normally it would take another 3 to four minutes to get to the station from where i was, but today it took me 14 minutes because it was around 5pm and i have never known the traffic to be so bad as it was. By the time i got there both pumps were gone, it has never taken me so long to get there before and if it became a habit i would get a p45.

The majority of retained firefighters are in small towns and villages, those who are based in larger towns and cities are usually at stations where the first pump out is manned by full time fighters and then the second pump out is manned by the retained im not sure if they are allow more time to attend the station than those in small towns.

I myself live in a town where all of my work is well within a five minute drive of my house and the fire station, there are only two sets of traffic lights (not including pedestrian crossing) in the whole town so getting from one side of the town to the other is usually very easy to do in five minutes. So usually it is very easy to pack up and get to the station with five minutes.

H2ose
I pay my tax in full and on time being a retained firefighter is not a living wage just got my pay slip today from fire service after deductions i recieved less than £500 for the month which isn't even a weeks wage for a full time window cleaner, so i work full time and declare my earnings.

Whoa !!!! easy tiger it was a joke :o

Its the full time firemen that have part time jobs ::)

Ok mate, i take pride in paying my way so im sensitive when people say things like that.

DaveG

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »
Everyone thinks us window cleaners are "at it" anyway ;D
You can't polish a turd

gordonswindows

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2010, 11:02:33 pm »
Seems fireman are like old people

Every old person wants a discount for having been "in the war" yet most of them only lived while a war happened to be on

It seems to me that there are a precious few fire persons who do run into burning buildings and save lives rather than rolling and unrolling long heavy hoses or maybe driving the lorry but the few I know complain of endless training playing pool and doing charity car washes all while being handsomely rewarded and then we have the four local ones who run about in their silver vector cleaning windows. These brave men have no license so no insurance their car is not insured as it is a private car for personal use only and they run up and down fire brigade ladders charging peanuts.........not all fire persons are like this or break laws like this but some and there are many who do.

So with one hand they accept the tax money we legitimate w/c pay to fund the emergency services as their wages and then run off with our clients cash wedged into their back pockets for their beer and fAgs.

Wonder what they would do if I turned up and put out a fire with my hoses or power washers and put them out of work or perish the thought charged over £1200 to go up a ladder and save a cat from a tree

Remember I did say not all fire people are like this but there are some

Gordon
Ps yes I have ran into a burning house and yes I did save a young girls life but I wasn't paid but I proudly accepted a big thank you from the girls family
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

ptwt

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2010, 08:06:47 pm »
Seems fireman are like old people

Every old person wants a discount for having been "in the war" yet most of them only lived while a war happened to be on

It seems to me that there are a precious few fire persons who do run into burning buildings and save lives rather than rolling and unrolling long heavy hoses or maybe driving the lorry but the few I know complain of endless training playing pool and doing charity car washes all while being handsomely rewarded and then we have the four local ones who run about in their silver vector cleaning windows. These brave men have no license so no insurance their car is not insured as it is a private car for personal use only and they run up and down fire brigade ladders charging peanuts.........not all fire persons are like this or break laws like this but some and there are many who do.

So with one hand they accept the tax money we legitimate w/c pay to fund the emergency services as their wages and then run off with our clients cash wedged into their back pockets for their beer and f*gs.

Wonder what they would do if I turned up and put out a fire with my hoses or power washers and put them out of work or perish the thought charged over £1200 to go up a ladder and save a cat from a tree

Remember I did say not all fire people are like this but there are some

Gordon
Ps yes I have ran into a burning house and yes I did save a young girls life but I wasn't paid but I proudly accepted a big thank you from the girls family

Gordon you appear to be talking about full time firefighters earning extra money on the side, this post is talking about retained firefighters who generally have a full time job other than firefighting. If they are using fire brigade ladders report them as this will be a sackable offense unless they have bought old equipment from the brigade which is above board.

Panorama

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 08:50:09 pm »
Using 13.5 or 10mt ladder for window cleaning ...... Err don't think so. Me thinks they are winding you up mate

LWC

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 09:20:57 pm »
Love to see someone lug a 13.5m ladder on one shoulder single handedly lol

Panorama

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2010, 09:33:44 pm »
i'd like to see them use the 10mt :D

S

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2010, 09:34:21 pm »
I always think of large egos, when I think about firemen. Its just the impression I get.

Taking home £500 a month from a part-time job is not bad at all..

ptwt

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2010, 10:32:51 pm »
Using 13.5 or 10mt ladder for window cleaning ...... Err don't think so. Me thinks they are winding you up mate

Our pumps have 13.5m 9m and short extension ladders aswell.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 08:32:04 am »
I always think of large egos, when I think about firemen. Its just the impression I get.

Plus a one off payment of £2000 per year  ;)
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

LWC

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2010, 08:54:09 am »

Spread across the year

G Griffin

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2010, 09:05:07 am »
Within 5 minutes.

5 minutes  :o.
 The cat could have fallen out of the tree by then  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

S

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2010, 10:35:24 pm »
I work part-time for the Ambulance service. We get nothing near what the fire fighters get. We do not stop for 5 minutes, one call to the next.
Moaning about his part-time cleared, after tax £500 a month and bonus. Lucky for some I say.

Panorama

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2010, 10:43:39 pm »
I work part-time for the Ambulance service. We get nothing near what the fire fighters get. We do not stop for 5 minutes, one call to the next.
Moaning about his part-time cleared, after tax £500 a month and bonus. Lucky for some I say.
sound a bit bitter mate. join if it bothers you that much ;)

Steve_c

« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 09:37:35 am »
Sorry but good luck to them i say. They are good blokes trying to bump up a wage in the worse recession known in since the 30's. We have a couple near me, they never tread on other window cleaners toes and do a good job.

ptwt

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 12:33:24 pm »

I wish you had a one of payment of £2000 per year but there is no such thing.