This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

woody1

help please guys
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:04:51 pm »
I have a good friend that is wfp his van has been stolen he is gutted as has not got the money to replace it all so i said i will put ad on here to see who has some old parts lying in the shed you will sell cheap, so please let me know he will be grate full

also he had stolen was a small transit with a diy set up from pure freedom, i did say just get your ladders out but he said not a chance  ;D

ccmids

Re: help please guys
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:44:02 pm »
i said 2 weeks ago about this sort of thing, van setups being nicked , were abouts are you

woody1

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:03 pm »
bournemouth it was stolen out side his house in the night little pikes

ccmids

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 02:47:36 pm »
was just after the system or the van

woody1

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 02:51:47 pm »
system the van was found sunday night burnt out system gone he only bought it 5 weeks ago so i am trying to help him out as he has no money so i will buy somw items he will pay me back i hope so ay thing you got tell me how much you will take for it

ccmids

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 02:58:45 pm »
no nothing i only have a small setup one man band me, hope it all works out for him.
a friend of mine said they have been nicking them when the window cleaner goes round the back of the houses out of sight then they drive off with the lot.

woody1

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »
makes my blood boil almost cost my friend his living if i was not about

bumper

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 03:37:37 pm »
use ladders easy to replace

woody1

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 07:43:11 pm »
It took you a while to post more than usall there bumper always good to have you imput mate
 ;D ;D

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 08:09:46 pm »
wouldn't the insurance company pay out for a van and the items stole from it like for like. And I would thought he would have a crime number. As for my insurances covers for the vehicle and all the contents inside and the vehicle insurance has an added insurance for any ladders on tops of vehicle etc.

woody1

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 08:16:11 pm »
yes he has a crime number but his insurance are trying to not pay for the system in as its was not on the cover or some thing like that, he will be alright when they pay out but can take ages for them to do so

prestige cleaners

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2010, 11:31:40 pm »
hi woody, ive got a 8mm, 100mtr, yellow microbore hose, about 3 yrs old, with a plastic reel, did try to sell it but no interest, so he can have that for free, either pick up in swansea or he can arrange a courier to pick it up, ive got a tap he can have to, that will attach to it, cant remember the size?

i could also bag up a few kilos of resin for one cylinder?

let me know ok

steve.

geefree

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 11:36:14 pm »
use ladders easy to replace

yes good imput  ::)

richywilts

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »
iv got a 250litre tank  he can av but im up br chester iv got a transit van for sale £2200
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

woody1

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 07:39:21 am »
Dirty windows that would be great but dont need any resin he says he has that,
not to good at this how can we arrange transit is there any company's you can recomend

richy the tank would be great he say's when he gets insurance he will be happy to send it back if you want it do you know how much it would cost to send it down here

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2010, 08:07:26 am »
Get him to open an account on here and I'm sure he will get all the help he needs.

Have a thread with equipment crossed off that he has or has been lent him.

He might have to work out transit himself as the offer of equipment for free is a great offer from the kind members, you cant really expect folk to organise carriage.

woody1

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2010, 08:49:42 am »
I was not asking them to organise the carrage just how to go about it thats all as never needed to arrange it and to be honest which company's to call. he said he was going to open an account on here over the next few days, but thought it was a bit cheeky joining then as his first post ask people to give or sell things cheaply for him plus i am the idiot that agreed to pay for it all till he gets him self working again, so thankyou every one for your help we are very greatfull  :)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 08:55:13 am »
best advice would be to sub out his work until he gets himself sorted again, that way the customers are getting done and he still has an income (50/50 is best)

woody1

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 09:04:53 am »
I am helping him do some so that he has some money coming in but i have my own round to keep up with also im trad only so  i cant do his 3 story buildings so he has phoned them and explained what is going on they seem to be alright he has not had them long as he was trad before so it s is only a few big jobs that will have to wait and subbing still takes time as you dont give work to any one. :)

prestige cleaners

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 10:45:32 am »
interlink and citylink are cheap, i would guess between £10-£20 for postage. i would have given him my old extel 15ft pole, as i want a new one, but ive bought so many things this month, cant afford to upgrade to a new one just yet.

dont know if these are any good, but those mobile trolley systems might be good idea, maybe second hand? just till hes back on his feet.

heres one on ebay £300

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Water-Fed-Pole-Window-Cleaning-Trolley-wfp-/270619376396?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA