This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

williamx

Re: Newsnight tonight
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2005, 02:37:46 pm »
This highly qualified window cleaner from the fed states that wfp uses cannot remove bird muck and paint from the glass, well I can and this is the secret to doing it.

1  Wet the glass and bird muck or paint with the wfp

2  Leaves for a couple of minutes

3  Attached a scraper to the end of pole

4  Gently scape the bird muck or paint from glass

5  Re-attach the cleaning brush to the pole and rinse away the residue.

Now after you have read this your computer will self destruct.

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2005, 02:43:47 pm »
Okay for those out there that have not seen this report or are looking for a copy on there Pc visit the following link

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.overton2/newsnight.htm

Here you will be able to download a 6 min clip from last nights newsnight show.

Its 11 Mb in size and in wmv format. Will play on media player in other words

Hope its of use

Lee

gaza

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2005, 02:57:39 pm »
Iwas the first one to put a post  on here last night about the programme,having read all the comments IM FED UP TO THE BACK TEETH ABOUT FED MEMBERS HARKING ON ABOUT HOW A BAD SERVICE THEY RECIEVE FOR THEIR MONEY {DONT PAY IT THEN].

If thats the best defence the  fed can give ,then I FIND THEM GUILTY of gross neglience to their members,If I WERE A MEMBER AND USED  WFP I would cancel membership strait away.

Because of the damage he may have done to my buissness I will be phoning them up on Monday to lodge my complaint with them and I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Ive never had trouble with birds ;)  ;D it cleans it of better than scraping it off no chance of scratching glass,as for not cleaning
what about the pvc soffits,frames and conservatorys you do with them?
If I wanted to give the w/c world an annemimma Ii would put the pipe into LEES MOUTH OR TOSHES bucket ;D GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

williamx

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2005, 03:19:03 pm »
Having just watched the programe, I think that all wfp uses can make a claim for damages, from the window cleaning federation, because their spokesman has stated that wfp systems cannot clean impacted dirt from the windows.

All cleaner who use a pole whether its conected to a wfp system or not know that this is not correct and to remove bird muck- paint - labels or whatever is very easy.  I have removed baked in eggs from someones windows and wall when they were egged by a neighbours kid.

I would suggest that all wfp uses who are affected by the federation spokesperson comments and lose business because of it, should get together and start a class action lawsuit for lose of earnings and damages.

I am happy to supply my customers details and the police report that stated the eggs stains were removed by my wfp method of cleaning.

gaza

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2005, 03:23:25 pm »
tosh:Im writing one as well re news night  TOSH is the cause of impacted dirt,To remove impact dirt change his water pmsl.[having a lauff]

gaza

brett walker

« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2005, 03:33:55 pm »
I have not watched the programme yet so cant really comment but im interested in this bird poop issue, bird poop is hard to get off traditionally, the birds have got all that space
why do they have to poop all over the windows its worse when they eat those purple berries.  Better go and watch newsnight

Just leave you with this - i was once asked what do you do if a bird poops on your car window i replied  dont take her out again !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Brett

williamx

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2005, 03:39:40 pm »
Having just watched the programe, I think that all wfp uses can make a claim for damages, from the window cleaning federation, because their spokesman has stated that wfp systems cannot clean impacted dirt from the windows.

All cleaner who use a pole whether its conected to a wfp system or not know that this is not correct and to remove bird muck- paint - labels or whatever is very easy.  I have removed baked in eggs from someones windows and wall when they were egged by a neighbours kid.

I would suggest that all wfp uses who are affected by the federation spokesperson comments and lose business because of it, should get together and start a class action lawsuit for lose of earnings and damages.

I am happy to supply my customers details and the police report that stated the eggs stains were removed by my wfp method of cleaning.

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2005, 04:31:58 pm »
I have not watched the programme yet so cant really comment but im interested in this bird nuts issue, bird nuts is hard to get off traditionally, the birds have got all that space
why do they have to nuts all over the windows its worse when they eat those purple berries.  Better go and watch newsnight

Just leave you with this - i was once asked what do you do if a bird nutss on your car window i replied  dont take her out again !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Brett

Bird 'nuts'?????

matt

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2005, 05:22:59 pm »
i cannot see the issues

the FED dont want us using water fed stuff, they miss out on selling scrims and GG etc, and most who join the fed do so for the cheaper insurance etc

we all understand this, and its accepted, the FED are stuck in the past, must be good for them, as they will get to experience the Manchester 1990 scene soon ;) rave on folks
seriously though, it doesnt matter who is in charge of the FED, they are only in it for a few nights out etc in the name of meetings

Oh and this bird crap issue, its not rocket science, if you use a unger pole, disconnect the brush, attach a under scraper and scrap the stubborn stuff off, i must have to do that ever other week, most comes off with a "pre soak and a scrub with the brush" :) :) to those who dont use the unger pole, hell phone up "your system maker" and ask them to sell you something similar for 50 quid

job done, end of story

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2005, 07:19:20 pm »
Solo

excellent effort .thanks mate.
i tried to do it ,but it wasn`t having it .

dave

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2005, 07:50:20 pm »
Thanks Dave

Its nice to be appreciated

Lee

matt

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2005, 08:26:50 pm »
Thanks Dave

Its nice to be appreciated

Lee

ive spent about 3 hours trying to setup my TV card to capture the thing from online

no need now

many thanks from me ;)

matt

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2005, 08:27:35 pm »
oh and i still stand by my first opinion

max and paddy much more entertaining ;)

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 09:20:05 pm »
This highly qualified window cleaner from the fed states that wfp uses cannot remove bird muck and paint from the glass, well I can and this is the secret to doing it.

1  Wet the glass and bird muck or paint with the wfp

2  Leaves for a couple of minutes

3  Attached a scraper to the end of pole

4  Gently scape the bird muck or paint from glass

5  Re-attach the cleaning brush to the pole and rinse away the residue.

Now after you have read this your computer will self destruct.

You could pass on this information to Andrew Lee himself.  I'm sure he'd be interested.  You can contact him via his website:

http://www.jaleeltd.co.uk/

I still think he added a balanced view of window cleaning to the Newsnight clip.

brett walker

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2005, 10:06:21 pm »
I have not watched the programme yet so cant really comment but im interested in this bird nuts issue, bird nuts is hard to get off traditionally, the birds have got all that space
why do they have to nuts all over the windows its worse when they eat those purple berries.  Better go and watch newsnight

Just leave you with this - i was once asked what do you do if a bird nutss on your car window i replied  dont take her out again !!!  ;D ;D ;D

Brett

Bird 'nuts'?????

yes bird nuts thats what i meant to say sorry  :-X :-X

H h20

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2005, 10:04:43 am »
So these guys at the fed are saying if you don`t use a ladder you are not a "master window cleaner",surely if we are thinking more about health &safety it is more of a professional approach to our job,they might aswell change it to "The National Federation of Master Ladder users",because we still use traditional methods aswell,there will always be a bucket,pad,blade and scrim in my van,Gaz.

« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2005, 10:24:46 am »
It wasn't made clear if Andrew Lee's views were personal opinion or the Federation's.

However, if he's a board member in charge of Health and Safety (so I believe), then his views must represent the Federations - or there is a huge conflict of interest between Andrew Lee's business and the welfare of other window cleaners affected by his Health and Safety related statement on Newsnight.

gaza

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2005, 11:24:09 am »
HOW CAN YOU BE A MASTER,WHEN ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

NAME ; FRED
SECOND NAME FRED

SURNAME BLOGGS

ADDRESS,SOMEWHEREDOWN

HIGH ST

NEVER NEVER LAND

AGE 16

CONGRATS YOU ARE NOW A MASTER WINDOW CLEANER.

BY THE WAY SOMEWHERE DOWN IS THE NAME OF MY BROTHERS
HOUSE HE DOESNT HAVE  A NO,THINK OF THE FUN HE HAS WHEN HE GETS STOPPED BY THE POLICE ;D

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2005, 03:22:19 pm »
Okay for those out there that have not seen this report or are looking for a copy on there Pc visit the following link

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.overton2/newsnight.htm

Works a treat thanks
HOW did you do that ?

It wasn't made clear if Andrew Lee's views were personal opinion or the Federation's

I don't see that it makes a diffrence as during the interview the Nation federation of window cleaner was on screen..

From my personal point of view I was not going to renew this year any way (better mag out now)(get more help and info fromthis forum)(thier plus points to join have never helped me)
but the final nail was the newsnight interview, Asa pole and traditional window cleaner all I could hear (and I,m sure possible new customers)WFP don't work and that comes from the Window cleaning federation..(it said so at the btm of the screen..

By the way a point I checked out his web site and he promotes WFP as one of his systems to clean windows (I hope he has customers asking why he's using them if they don't work?

Alan

The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

Solo Cleaning

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2005, 09:12:51 pm »
Hi Graham

I used a programme called Hidownload. Its useful for capturing streaming media on the internet. I then edited it using windows own movie maker programme.

If you want a more indepth explanation email me overtonl@hotmail.com

Lee