This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

Re: yr own windows
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2010, 08:52:33 am »
inside every xmas before the tree goes up :P

Me too; and again in July when the tree comes down.

You joke about that but who's going to be the first to see Xmas decorations on some house about mid November?
Plenty of houses round here still have them up, they are just switched off.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 10:01:23 am »
My windows are done prob 4 or 5 times a year. Most of the time its only because I'm doing the neighbours windows,.. they weren't bad enough that I'd be motivated to do them if I didn't already have the gear out.

trevor povey

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 10:46:38 am »
I was talking to a wfp lad outside his house in Leeds the other week he was ranting onto me   that a office he cleans had asked him to come once every 3 months instead of monthly..... I  noticed his own windows didn,t look to have been cleaned in years ;D ;D ;D

Dave.

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2010, 10:55:19 am »
I'm doing mine weekly at the moment - 4 of the upstairs windows have got housemartins nesting and they are making the windows really sh!tty. >:(

LWC

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 11:21:56 am »
I do mine when i just about cant see though them...which is about once a year.  ;D

I too agree, cant beleive people are so funny bout getting their windows done regulary, i have a lady that rings me EVERY month to see when im coming and to arrange a good time to come.

If i had a window cleaner and he was late or whatever...i wouldnt go to the hassle of ringing them! At least not after only 4 - 5 weeks lol.

As said before they need to get out more. And i agree, wfp you could go 3 months really easily. In fact i have a few 3 month'ers...i put my round to 5 - 6 weekly, so the every others are 10 - 12. The 10 - 12 are noticably worse than the others!

mci services

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 12:32:01 pm »
I do mine on new years eve whether they need it or not although I think my wife has talked my son into doing them monthly ::) he is 15 and does not a bad job

gordonswindows

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »
Cobblers bairns that's me

Had to get a window cleaner he does them every four weeks

I don't really see the point in going to six or eight weeks, the clients usually want four so four it is

Is it a false economy going to six weeks but adding extra clients?

Every four weeks keeps them well happy,no chance for someone to cut in( eight weeks cycle the customer thinks u might not be coming back) and of course 13 lovely payments a year

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

LWC

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 01:37:09 pm »
4 weeks is too often for WFP, 8 weeks can be too long for some...6 is a good compramise

AuRavelling79

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:56 pm »
With mine it's the dusty cills that prompt me. Every couple of months or so.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 02:46:27 pm »
ive cleaned half of mine this morning(the front above a sloping roof)as the guy who lives below me was still in bed probably sleeping off his hangover!

i drip dirty water on his windows when i clean my own round the back so a give his a free clean but i didnt want to disturb him with the brush on his windows on a sunday morning!! ;)

ive also cleaned the van with wfp and filled up ready for tommorrow.tightened and taped up pole tap and im all ready for this weeks onslaught!! ;) :) :)
price higher/work harder!

landy2

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 03:27:26 pm »
just done mine about a hour ago and done my next doors as well

simon knight

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 03:48:54 pm »

Only when Mrs K nags me to death...so twice a year...and she's a BAD payer ;D

Dave Anderson

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 04:56:32 pm »
about 3 to 4 times a year....funnily enough did them today as I had cleaned the gutters out as well...thats enough...itīs normally the insides that need doing as the dogs loves to lick the windows for a little bit of fun.

Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...

amayze

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 07:50:48 am »
When the missus nags....and always paid in kind !!

Except are our age, she insisted on quarterly billing !!

sarahbelleee

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 09:11:54 am »
At home 2 times a year. One cleaning early spring and one latest autumn

gary999

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 09:26:49 am »
once a year maybe :-[

wife has been nagging for months i cant see out of them
at mo :-\

but that also means no one can see in ;D

s.w.c

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 08:47:39 pm »
if mine need cleaning, i shout the mrs pop a slx 17 in her hands an say wishy washy then

Window Washers

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 11:06:48 pm »
4 weeks is too often for WFP, 8 weeks can be too long for some...6 is a good compramise
6 is losing half a clean, 4 weekly is king 8 weekly is a comprimise, you know you want your van back and your heads spinning...
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)