This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Darranvps

Re: WOW!
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 04:21:53 pm »
I love the hose reel - re winder. Fantastic!

I once fit a similar blue 1100ltr tank to a Merc Sprinter back in 2003.
We mounted Twin RO setup onto the bulk head, twin pumps down the side of the van, all fitted up with John Guest fittings etc.
How are you producing hot water?

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 04:25:07 pm »
I use a lpg heater.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 04:41:14 pm »
What system was it before (pre 1000l) what van is it in and how many men do you intend to use it?

I'd love 1000l but had to settle for 800l because of size of van required to fit on my drive (I have mwb tranny on it already).

The people who fitted mine are the best in the business- denver tanks-.

I used to be DIY,(I wasn't very good at it), far less down time now.But..... just as you were able to quickly fix and amend your system because you probably have more knowledge than the fitters, three years of my DIY gave me the know how to tell the pros how a perfect domestic system should be fitted.

Apart from the tank, what else is pro' made/fitted which equates to less down time?

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »
It's just opinions, but all of the diy people i know that have gone pro think it's  better.If you are really, really, good, with an engineering background there is probably not much in it.But even a top engineer hasn't got our knowledge(gained by dropping b@@@cks) of whats needed.

LWC

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »
Well this was my DIY attempt...couldnt fault it

As said, any probs i knew what it was and could fix it the same day as most of the stuff was bought locally

Darranvps

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 05:20:35 pm »
It certainly looks the part

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 05:27:16 pm »
Very tidy.
If you did it again there are probably a couple of things you would do differently, and even that version could be improved on later.It's a process of development and this depends on how interested you are in either a system that gets the job done or the perfect system.

My idea of a perfect system is a big van with three operators and not a second wasted, but i don't expect that matches yours.

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 05:30:36 pm »
I forgot to mention i've got drawers for trad tools and roof stowage for ladders.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 06:24:00 pm »
It's just opinions, but all of the diy people i know that have gone pro think it's  better.If you are really, really, good, with an engineering background there is probably not much in it.But even a top engineer hasn't got our knowledge(gained by dropping b@@@cks) of whats needed.

Most of that would be "buyer justification syndrome"

I think you're wrong, you don't need to be an engineer to make a superb/perfect DIY system. Can you explain why a pro' installed tank makes you work quicker?

joewright

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 07:17:21 pm »
He might have experienced the Third rate customer service provided by them.
I experienced it long ago!

A Short While ago you were singing and dancing about ionics, The only system to own etc. You used to sell them and Knew how good they were.

Yet you have experienced the Third rate customer service a long time ago

???

« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 08:02:24 pm »
He might have experienced the Third rate customer service provided by them.
I experienced it long ago!

A Short While ago you were singing and dancing about ionics, The only system to own etc. You used to sell them and Knew how good they were.

Yet you have experienced the Third rate customer service a long time ago

???
Looks like I am not alone in noticing your inconsistent postings.  ;D

« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 08:06:38 pm »

I think you're wrong, you don't need to be an engineer to make a superb/perfect DIY system. Can you explain why a pro' installed tank makes you work quicker?
I actually enjoy fittng my own vehicles, it's not complex.
Apparently if DarrenVPL (visible panty line) builds a system that clever, but he thinks if someone else does it they are a peasant, fool. You are part of the reason I stopped visiting this forum. I popped my head round the door again as it were, and have just reminded myself what a waste of time this is. I'm off

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 08:18:56 pm »
Firstly i often make inconsistent posts, so what, he's not in a court of law.

Now the person who asked about pro systems.It's a matter of my system being better than yours by increments, small details in themselvee but lots of things that add up.

My tank only runs out when it's empty- it is unaffected when low by slopes
I have Back to tank pressure relief feeds-  lots of benefits with that
I have two feeds(with taps) from the tank.Nearly everything has a tap on it.
I have roof mounted reels because it makes the work faster
I have three pumps
lots of kit is stowed in a very small van
I work with side doors open and it looks good to clients

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 08:40:24 pm »

Now the person who asked about pro systems.It's a matter of my system being better than yours by increments, small details in themselvee but lots of things that add up.

My tank only runs out when it's empty- it is unaffected when low by slopes you have an extra 20 ltrs then
I have Back to tank pressure relief feeds-  lots of benefits with that so do I, quick diy job
I have two feeds(with taps) from the tank.Nearly everything has a tap on it. Another very simple diy job
I have roof mounted reels because it makes the work faster Can't see how?
I have three pumps  Anyone can add pumps, I could have 10!
lots of kit is stowed in a very small van  So have most people
I work with side doors open and it looks good to clients Anyone with side doors can do the same, 99% of customers aren't the slightest bit interested anyway

There's nothing special there though slumpbuster, unless I'm more clever than I realise? Apart from your diy electric reels & a skid tank it's all run of the mill. I'm not being funny but struggling to see where the killer punch is?

John drake

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 08:51:30 pm »

I actually enjoy fittng my own vehicles, it's not complex.
Apparently if DarrenVPL (visible panty line) builds a system that clever, but he thinks if someone else does it they are a peasant, fool. You are part of the reason I stopped visiting this forum. I popped my head round the door again as it were, and have just reminded myself what a waste of time this is. I'm off

This is Why the another place.co.uk is growing.

Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 09:40:32 pm »

My tank only runs out when it's empty- it is unaffected when low by slopes you have an extra 20 ltrs then
I have Back to tank pressure relief feeds-  lots of benefits with that so do I, quick diy job
I have two feeds(with taps) from the tank.Nearly everything has a tap on it. Another very simple diy job
I work with side doors open and it looks good to clients Anyone with side doors can do the same, 99% of customers aren't the slightest bit interested anyway

There's nothing special there though slumpbuster, unless I'm more clever than I realise? Apart from your diy electric reels & a skid tank it's all run of the mill. I'm not being funny but struggling to see where the killer punch is?

There is no killer punch it's slightly better in every aspect.You can't have more than two pumps off one feed.When i say lots of kit in a small van i mean loads and loads more kit than you've got in yours. ;D

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 09:55:23 pm »
I'm only joking.Parts like the stowage are still diy but the ideas have to come from somewhere.If Ionics saw mine they'd bin theirs and ramp the prices up to reflect the added value.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 12:20:44 am »

There is no killer punch it's slightly better in every aspect.You can't have more than two pumps off one feed.When i say lots of kit in a small van i mean loads and loads more kit than you've got in yours. ;D

And that's the point, yours has come at a considerable cost, financial outlay for what it seems is largely the same as a decent total diy set up! ;)

Depends how you view/appreciate necessary expenditure I suppose.

LWC

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 07:23:13 am »
By way, i dont think my 2  man DI setup came to much more than £1000 all in.

I just dont see how these compaines are charging so much, or why you pay them. Yeh ok fair enough some people aint got a clue where to start and theyre out to make money. But as i said...its realy not that hard!

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:25 am »
By way, i dont think my 2  man DI setup came to much more than £1000 all in.

I just dont see how these compaines are charging so much, or why you pay them. Yeh ok fair enough some people aint got a clue where to start and theyre out to make money. But as i said...its realy not that hard!
it makes some peoples head spin right round ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)