This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Newannaive

w/c's canvassing your work!
« on: July 22, 2010, 12:10:31 pm »
hi all, new here, just wondered if anyone else had this annoying problem with other pesky cleaners knocking on your custys doors and dropping leaflets through.. there seems to be more and more popping up everywhere!!  >:(

Re: w/c's canvassing your work!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 12:15:03 pm »
so what, its business, you only lose custy if work is crap or very over prices,  i have lost jobs to otehr wc and wc have lost work to me, 

richywilts

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 12:18:06 pm »
its business mate just av to deal with it and make sure ya run a much better service than them with better value for money, i hate the old patch thing rule had a couple of wc's complaining too me recently its a free world im a business man il canvass where i wana canvass every house is a potential customer too me. it maybe a bit cut throat but im not bothered takin other peoples work.do you think these big businesses care if they take over a contract.
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

erithwc

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:19:55 pm »
how did you build you business door knocking and leaflet drops i bet

i don't knock on doors i just drop leaflets and if they want my service they contact me

Newannaive

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 12:35:13 pm »
nope, bought all the work  ;)
well we hav'nt lost any work so must be doing a good job!! they should also BUY the work not scavenge

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 12:35:56 pm »
It wasnt me  ;D

George P

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 12:40:07 pm »
no patches anymore - too many at it, an area near me gets leaflet dropped regularly (not by me) but i have been asked to leaflet drop there - bizarre really

Newannaive

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 12:48:47 pm »

erithwc

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 12:49:09 pm »
i didn't want to spend lots of money on a round that could be total rubish so i spent £62 on 5000 leaflets and have been leaflet droping at the end of the day if you do a good job you'll be ok

Newannaive

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 12:51:07 pm »
yea should be ok, been doing this round 5yr now..

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 03:52:15 pm »
hi all, new here, just wondered if anyone else had this annoying problem with other pesky cleaners knocking on your custys doors and dropping leaflets through.. there seems to be more and more popping up everywhere!!  >:(

We all do it.  We're not psychic any more than they are.
Maybe paint the doors red so they can avoid them  ;D .
What's with the crucifixion scene in your avatar?  :)

Richard Neal

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:48 pm »
i didn't want to spend lots of money on a round that could be total rubish so i spent £62 on 5000 leaflets and have been leaflet droping at the end of the day if you do a good job you'll be ok
Where did you get yor leaflets that sounds like a good price
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

SteveAllan

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 04:23:39 pm »
I dont give a hoot about other wc areas. If i get a call outside my area then i take the job and canvass the surrounding houses, thats business. Like has been said if ya do a good job then you wont lose out to people like me canvassing etc, however do a crap job, well you deserve to lose em.

mikecam

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 04:27:27 pm »
This can be an annoying problem. If you are a crap cleaner its a worrying problem, if you're a good cleaner its not so much. WHat i do is give them my whole customer list and politley request they do not canvass my work, i also put my prices on the sheets so they know the going rate for the area, and the customers phone number on so they can confirm its true. That way hopefully they won't try to undercut me either. Give it a go, you'll find it works.

tws

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 04:38:54 pm »
well we hav'nt lost any work so must be doing a good job!! they should also BUY the work not scavenge
what if you spend months looking to buy work and get nowhere ?

Richard Neal

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2010, 05:23:25 pm »
This can be an annoying problem. If you are a crap cleaner its a worrying problem, if you're a good cleaner its not so much. WHat i do is give them my whole customer list and politley request they do not canvass my work, i also put my prices on the sheets so they know the going rate for the area, and the customers phone number on so they can confirm its true. That way hopefully they won't try to undercut me either. Give it a go, you'll find it works.

;D ;D ;D

It's a game of three halves!

Newannaive

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2010, 06:09:11 pm »

We all do it.  We're not psychic any more than they are.
Maybe paint the doors red so they can avoid them  ;D .
What's with the crucifixion scene in your avatar?  :)
i dont do it, got more than enough work... its not a crucifixion its me hangin on a pole  8)

Newannaive

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2010, 06:10:32 pm »
what if you spend months looking to buy work and get nowhere ?
fair point, guess we dropped lucky buying loads of work in a 3mile radius