This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

twt

Recharging mixed bed resin
« on: September 05, 2005, 05:38:01 pm »
I know i know this has come up so many times but has anybody actually tried it rather than just typed about how it does or doesn't work and how dngerous it is or isnt. take a look at this link and tell me your opions. http://www.kentmarine.com/saltwater/mbr2.html

twt

Re: Recharging mixed bed resin
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 05:51:25 pm »
I know some of you have read this so what do you think?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 05:59:11 pm »
Link not working

Ian_Giles

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 05:59:48 pm »
I have absolutely no idea, the liink doesn't work!!

I do know that the recharging of the resin involves acid and isn't really something you can do in your garage.....unless the info in the link that cannot be accessed says otherwise of course!!!

Confused ???

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

twt

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 06:07:09 pm »

twt

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 06:08:14 pm »
still not working give me a minute

twt

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 06:12:55 pm »
go to http://www.kentmarine.com/freshwater.html click on FILTRATION MEDIA then MIXED BED RESIN. MY Apologies this is the only way i can get it to work.

steve k

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 06:33:21 pm »
the link will not work because it has been moderated...WHY??? because where it says "salthingyer" it should read "s a l t w a t e r"
If you type it without the gaps the word "t w a t" appears.

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 06:40:40 pm »
Hi Philip

Sounds ok, however, judging by the size of the tub, you would need to purchase 50 or more, to fill a small DI bottle. I do not think it would be suitable for our industry; otherwise it would be available to us.

As far as I am aware, nobody in the UK can recharge the Resin, this I believe is down to health & safety and the environment. It can be done in the states, but, postage would be too much :-)

Andrew

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 07:59:57 pm »
I have saved the resin that has been used over the last twelve months for the time when there is a solution to this.

Rob ;D

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 09:23:54 pm »
ive bined all of mine all £6,000 over two years...cmon guys its a overhead which is tax deductable surely all the time and effort going into regenerating resin you could be out earning money?

Justin Ruggles

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 09:39:19 pm »
£6k in Resin over two years, you really need to get a RO unit.

Justin

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2005, 06:38:38 pm »
ive got one justin

twt

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2005, 11:09:05 pm »
easy clean surely any good business is always trying to reduce its overheads? 6k is alot of money which you know and why you have bought an r/o but my concern with r/o is how much water is lost.  fresh water is not an unlimeted resource even in this country and to be so wasteful with it does not feel right. So i am just trying to find evironmentaly friendly alternatives to save money.